It's a Bug Hunt [An ALIEN Warrior Build Project]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chiefs,

It's finally done, the molds are done and the first set of pulls have been glued onto a bodyglove. The first suit up test...cuse the model, he was a little too skinny.:lol

alien8.jpg

And the head pics..

Photo-0081.jpg

Photo-0082.jpg

Anyone interested in some trophy head displays? LMK. ;)

Stay safe,

Tim.

optimusaint said:
outstanding work. you have plans to pop a few more out of those molds?

Thanks and we are. We need at least 5 by Dec...I'm hoping to have 15 if that's even doable. :) As is, we've got 4 heads out now, and I just popped the last one last weekend. Lightest of the lot. ;)

Trophy head Displays anyone? :D

Stay safe,

Tim.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love you too.. :love:

Thanks Chiefs, but there's still some tweaking to be done. Other than finding a newer, abit more buff model, the hands and feet need some work. As is, the feet look like booties so we'll be using some spats to cover that area up. The hands will need some long sleeved gloves as well.

alien9.jpg

The bottom rear of the alien head needs to be covered with latex as well as the hole was widen initially to allow work to be done on the inside. This is the area directly behind the wearer's head. IMHO, if the wearer works the suit properly like a real Alien, i don't really see it as a problem. But that's just me. ;)

Oh and while this is black version, we will have a few more subtle color variants, including my sienna brownlike Dog Alien. :D And I'll have to teach the newer models how to move like an Alien...:lol

FYI, I pulled a head casting last weekend and while the lightest of the lot [I'm trying various methods to get this as light as possible while keepin it strong] there were some problems with the hardener, so there were some 'tearing' and 'damage'. HOWEVER, i think with some creative touches, I can turn it into a damaged/war vet Alien. :) Wish me luck and watch this space!

Photo-0080.jpg

Photo-0079.jpg

Photo-0077.jpg

Stay safe,

Tim.

Halo_1 said:
Thanks and we are. We need at least 5 by Dec...I'm hoping to have 15 if that's even doable. :) As is, we've got 4 heads out now, and I just popped the last one last weekend. Lightest of the lot. ;)

Trophy head Displays anyone? :D

Stay safe,

Tim.

i desperately want one.

Simply awe inspiring...and terrifying at the same time. I'll be sleeping with the lights on tonight lol.

Interesting, and with the new AVP movie comming soon next year its nice to see someone taking an interest in the classics.

Question, are you planning to do any Alien pulls that look like the original versions? the ones with the Ridged heads instead of the smooth domed ones?

Example:
alien.jpg

Only reason I ask is because I have always been partial to the original, especially since it was the one that scared the sh-- outta me when I first saw Alien when I was young

The original was smooth and domed. Thats the way H.R. Giger originally designed it.

gigers_alien.jpg

I think that the 'ridged' head didn't show up til Aliens maybe.. Stan Winston took some liberties with Gigers design, creating something that looked more 'drone-like- to better illustrate the colony structure of alien lifeform.

header3.jpg

That was actually an order from Cameron to take off the dome (and human skull).
Bad desicion, as it messed up all of the biological backstory that Ridley wanted to set up. (the transparent dome was like a giant eye that saw from all angles.)

Zeronifty, Sean B. is right. We went with the Giger original as it's more unique and in a way, a tribute to Giger for creating such an awesome creature. :)

Add to the fact that you can probably find the 'ridged' head almost everywhere else, we figured that the dome original would be a classic and a never seen before fan build. After all, you can't have too many heads now can you? :lol

Stay safe,

Tim.

Halo_1 said:
Zeronifty, Sean B. is right.

I finally feel usefull for all this nerdy knowledge, thanks, Tim.

BTW, I still really want one of your Alien head sculpts... I'm just trying to financce my budget.

Be safe.

-Sean

Nugget said:
Great job on the Alien suit!

Any plans on making Master Chief armor? Or even some of the Covenant?

Thanks Nugget, but I'll leave the Chief to the Armor Guru Gods here. :)

Sean Bradley said:
I finally feel usefull for all this nerdy knowledge, thanks, Tim.

BTW, I still really want one of your Alien head sculpts... I'm just trying to financce my budget.

Be safe.

-Sean

LOL! No, thank you Sean. Copy that. Just LMK when.

Stay safe,

Tim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back