It's a Bug Hunt [An ALIEN Warrior Build Project]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halo 1

Hey Chiefs,

I finished up a M41A1 PR rebuild awhiles back and anyhow, while working on the extras [detachable clip with rounds], we figured it would be nice if the M41A1 PR had something to shoot at...so...we're going on a Bug Hunt [a Bug Build].

As well as accounting for the shrinkage when dealing with latex, we went with a 6ft tall mannequin for that and the fact that we didn't want to use TOO MUCH clay. :D

The sculpture was built using references from the Mcfarlane 12in ALIEN Warrior and Sideshow's Giger Alien Bust. We finished the main body in 4 days, and are still working on the head now. The tail, hands, feet, spine and back spines tubes will be done later.

Enough talk, on to the pics..

DSC00119.jpg

DSC00120.jpg

DSC00121.jpg

DSC00122.jpg

DSC00123.jpg

DSC00124.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

DSC00127.jpg

DSC00128.jpg

DSC00129.jpg

We also went for detail as we felt it played a role in the overall organic look of the ALIEN warrior.

DSC00130.jpg

DSC00131.jpg

DSC00132.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

DSC00134.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

DSC00136.jpg

The pelvic area...

DSC00137.jpg

Enjoy, it was messy, hot and tiring...but fun. More to come in abit..

Stay safe,

Tim.

Thanks for the good word. :) Some more pics...

A Teaser...what's under there?
DSC00139.jpg

DSC00140.jpg

Prepwork for the plaster mold..
DSC00147.jpg

DSC00145.jpg

DSC00144.jpg

DSC00142.jpg

More in abit...

Stay safe,

Tim.

The plaster being applied...damm the stuff gets into every nook and cranny of your fingernails!

DSC00148.jpg

DSC00150.jpg

DSC00151.jpg

That's it for now...

Stay safe,

Tim.

Very nice detail. Can't wait to see that "mysterious" item uncovered!!!

EDIT: for those who didn't understand my tone, yes, I know exactly what the mystery item is.

Absolutely amazing detail on the sculpt. It's nice to see this coming together from scratch!.

If you don't mind me asking what is your budget for this project? I'd really like to sculpt a full size Xenomorph, but the cost always scared me.

Will you be casting the body pieces in slush latex or foam latex?

if i had to guess on the "mysterious" object id say its the head.....and omg that is amaziziziziziziing!!! your work = inspiration

TD???? said:
if i had to guess on the "mysterious" object id say its the head.....and omg that is amaziziziziziziing!!! your work = inspiration

it is the head for sure and REALLY nice work

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Chiefs! Coming from you Armor Gurus, means alot. ;)

Sean Bradley: PM sent on the project cost. The body pieces will be casted in latex for now...and we'll see what works best. Will keep you posted.

Okay, some more info and updates.

We are looking at a few choices for the actual suit construction once it's casted. It may be a full blown latex suit with a few underair cuts to allow movement...or it might just work as a trim and paste onto a divesuit/undersuit. I'll keep you posted.

Good call on the Headpiece Chiefs! LOL!

Okay the head will be a different thing altogether...as I'll be casting that out of resin and fiberglass. This was decided as the best so as to allow any 'upgrades' to be made possible inside a 'protective' hard shell and to keep the head nice and firm [that sounded wrong didn't it?! :lol]

As for the weight issue, I know some of you are thinking that with the resin and FG choice but don't worry as i'll be using a coating style method so as to keep the weight down...kinda like our Dr Doom masks.

The headpiece will be secured onto a helmet [again, I will work out the choice of helmet and little details once we get the first cast and see what works best.] and like almost all ALIEN suits now, the wearer's actual head will be at the neck area.

Some pics..
DSC00164.jpg

DSC00161.jpg

And the aftermath after pulling off the Molds...
DSC00165.jpg

Bad news though, a few of the arm molds cracked, so it'll have to be repaired [which can be easily fixed, so no worries there ;)]...other than that, the rest of the Molds look fine. :cheers

Will keep you posted.

Stay safe,

Tim.

Hi Chiefs,

Apologies on the lack of updates but I've been working on my Fett intensively. :) And the weather isn't helping much here...:b

Anyhow, we took a break to repair the cracked molds and did a few pulls to checkout the detailing...

One of the cracked molds:
DSC00348.jpg

The plaster mold parts:
DSC00347.jpg

DSC00346.jpg

Latex drying off:
DSC00345.jpg

The latex pull:
DSC00349A.jpg

I think I'll start work on the Spines and Tail either this weekend or next week. The hands and feet will be done last.

Will keep you posted.

Stay safe,

Tim.

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWow nice i hope it turners out the way you wanted it to it look great i would buy that from you if i had the 1,000,000 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back