It's All In The Detail

Status
Not open for further replies.
falcon NL said:
Why would you have to be official? This is a place where we "promote" there products, there are other website that are Smooth-on sponsored that are just small-time props/fx makers ( http://www.theeffectslab.com/forums/index.php )

So the real question is: Why cant a amateur-prop website get sponsored?

I'm not sure why we need to be. I just remember we where thinking of doing something like this with a BDU manufacturer... then a mod said it was illegal. Or something along those lines. I'm not entirely sure.

I think it's because of the nature of our work. We basically make versions of copy-righted material, rather then original. It might be a rule from Microsoft that says we can't.

Again, it'd probably be smarter to talk to a mod or staff member then talk to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Block the create topic feature in the noob section for people with the Veteran rank status.

I don't get why people with 150+ posts post there.... :cautious:

LastSpartan said:
Block the create topic feature in the noob section for people with the Veteran rank status.

I don't get why people with 150+ posts post there.... :cautious:

You'd have to manually add each person obtaining that number of posts to a new group that masks topic posting rights within the Noob Topic for that particular group. As far as I know, IPB doesn't have any automatic way for someone to be moved to another group upon reaching a certain number of posts - group-changes happen manually and have to be approved by somebody with the relevant permissions (Administrator, Moderator, etc).

The whole 'noob -> veteran' thing is merely to do with post count and 'rank' - it's a feature in IPB that allows you to set a custom title for people within certain post boundaries. That's why you have the little blue squares below your avatar on some IPB-based forums. And as I said - as far as I'm aware there isn't any function that enables people to be switched to a new group mask based upon post count/rank. It could be done (possibly) but you'd need some skill in PHPBB and knowledge of how IPB works.

As it is, the best thing to do would be to just set up a rule whereby people use 'Creation Discussion' for their armor more - though I personally would prefer the creation of a new sub-forum purely for armor progress rather than cluttering up a forum intended for methodology discussion with build progress.

Actually, it's pretty easy. Get in the Noob section permissions, and revoke the right to create topics for the Veterans and Elites. It's really easy.

Create a theme that blocks all signatures. They are completely unnecessary. I don't need to see a half page of "TIMMY'S ARMOR PROGRESS" every time he posts "Lulz youre armer looks good!"

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yodajammies said:
Create a theme that blocks all signatures. They are completely unnecessary. I don't need to see a half page of "TIMMY'S ARMOR PROGRESS" every time he posts "Lulz youre armer looks good!"

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I agree entirely.
Are you hoping to do away with them entirely or just as an individual - you don't have to see them?
There is an optional setting in the Control Panel to not view them.

Sorry for bringing back this thread, but since most of these suggestion were not implented, I'd like to add more, maybe some may agree with me.

1) As Yoda said, a Safe-for-work theme, as seen on theRPF. No pics. At all. A white page. and no crappy archive mode. (EDIT : Just looked at the RPF work safe theme. It does have photo. Nevermind then, but a mod with no avatars/signature would be cool)

2) Auto-merging feature If 2 posts are made one after the other, they are merge together. Really simple to implement.

3) Veterans cannot post in Noob section. Implement a limit that restrict Veterans for posting in that section. They can still Read and Reply. Again, reaaally simple to implement.

4) Removing too old sections : E3 & E-Zine. E-Zine could be renamed 405th Source, at least, and E3. Well. I think it was a few months ago...

I've seen those on different forums so I know it can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back