Its begun. My first armour build starting with MKVI helmet from Flying squirl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good, I'd be lost without the numbers lol, I've got to admit it does look nicer without them though, happy pepping dude

Thanks guys, although I printed it out without the numbers by mistake & didnt want to waste the card so I just carried on carefully. I wont be doing it again though.

Just finished pepping the cod.
DSCF3643_zps5f0e383b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Like others are saying, you have a good, clean pepping style.

How's the sizing coming along? Has your scaling been successful on the first try or have you had to redo a piece here and there? My methods are pretty bad - I've re-papped the codpiece twice, once too big and once too small, so now I'm trying something right in between.

The sizings coming out pretty good. I used halo godess's thread on sizing as a guide. I measured everything at least twice to be sure. Although its still early days yet, there's time for an error or 2 yet.

Your models are so clean that it is hard to believe that this is your first armor...Good job!

Thanks. I did quite a few papercraft projects before the armour build, so I suspose I'm familiar with the concept. I would have been lost without the practice before hand I think.

That's pretty much how it worked out for me. I think I can hold my own while pepping at this point, but my first armor was a hidef forearm, and it *sucked*. I didn't even realize that there were lodef models to practice with. After three or four butchered pep jobs, I began to find methods that worked, I identified some of the pitfalls, and I began to get the hang of it. I still suck at maintaining semmetry. That's ok when you're doing left and right hand parts, but when I do the belt, the torso, and especially the helmet, I need to nail that part.

I here you there on the symmetry. Had to sculpt some parts of the helmet so they matched the opposing side w;ith the bondo as my pep was off slightly. I like to score the folds with a fine tip biro and straight edge first, then dry fit every part before glueing. That helps me work out the best way to hold the part whilst waiting for the glue to bond. Also my new pronouced fold lines make it easier for me to line up the edges. Don't know if this is how everyone does it but it works a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back