It's Halloween, What Did You Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halloween was a blast this year, I've been deployed for the past 4 halloween so this was special for me and my boys. Well the plan was to create 3 sets of MK IV but do to being in the military nothing goes according to plan so my yongest one was able to go as a spartan (not to my standards) but he LOVED it and that is all that matters. now i have [size="-4"]exactly 362 days to get it together.... here are is a pic of me and my oldest son about to go on the hunt[attachment=13287:HPIM0539.JPG] along with my youngest in a quick costume (i created the helmet but was unable to finish the rest[attachment=13288:HPIM0534.JPG].

[/size]

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see so many parents supporting their hobby by involving their kids. I did the same. No armor for me but the kids make out like it was Christmas.

CAM_0297.jpg

I got to go to work in my armor. I work at the movie theatre and got to stand on door and tear tickets in my Mk VI suit. dozens of kids came up and took photos with me and stuff. The wanted to hold my AR the whole time but i woulds let the take it off my back.

Since I am new to the 405th and just started making my armor. I went in my back up costume Altair from Assassin's Creed. It's not Halo armor but I liked how it turned out.

[attachment=13290:picture 010.JPG]

[attachment=13293:picture 020.JPG]

[attachment=13291:picture 018.JPG]

[attachment=13292:picture 019.JPG]

Redknight I gotta ask since I'm thinking of making an Altair costume and I'm curious about your gauntlets. How did you make the blade? That's been stumping me and my friend for a while now so I'm just a little curious.

Bamabat that is a great photo. They all look pretty bad kick face in there armor. Looks like there having a lot of fun.

Wore my Mark VI Armour. People were amazed! :D I took lots of pictures with people I don't know, answered loads of questions, promised someone I didn't know that I would help with their armour (If they seeked out my help).

@Rosh - People wanted to touch my armour too! I still don't understand why...

@charles - What? A drunk 9th grader punched you? Why was he drunk? What'd you do that made him punch you?

@Regular Guy - COOL! How did the cashier react?

Link to photos:

http://s738.photobucket.com/albums/xx24/Booyakz/

RegularGuy said:
I didn't wear my pep armor. I bought a USED Rubies Collector's Edition on Ebay for $75 shipped. Undersuit was crap, so I'm just wearing black pants and a long sleeved shirt.

I went to McDonalds and ordered a Number 1 after going to the Polynesian Cultural Center with my family.

@Das Brutus AWESOME! But you knew that already.

@Peter Carey - You're my idol... :) Don't you love having a helmet on in which people can't see where you're looking or what you're doing...

@rvb18 - Nice ODST Armor!

The children's costumes are great too...I wish I had you folks as my parents.

I'm quite honored to be your idol, haha.

It is pretty awesome having the reflective visor and great for checking out the ladies :coolYou just gotta watch out for the lighting conditions a bit. Less light=less reflections and a higher chance of people being able to see in.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Boo The cashier just shrugged it off like it was a normal thing on Halloween, but she did call the other workers in the back to come and take a look. They were pretty amazed.

By the way, I tried the photobucket link you posted and it's asking for a password, am I doing something wrong?

@Peter Carey There were many times when I wondered if people could actually see my face. I never looked at my visor with different lighting conditions, so maybe they could see me...uh oh

@RedKnight Nice Altair costume!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back