Ive been screwed over by someone on ETSY and dont have time to build a suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moodster

Hey Everyone, recently i forked out nearly 500 quid on a stormtrooper suit for my 21st birthday party, the person i ordered it from basically screwed me over by taking my money and closing up shop, does anyone in the UK have a spare Halo or starwars suit i could borrow for a weekend in may? obviously happy to put down a security deposit ect, anyone willing to help please message me asap and you will also be my new favourite person and i may or may not feel obliged to kiss you as youd be rescuing my party......

Thanks

Chris Moody

Sorry I can't help you out Moodster, but damn that sucks. Can you file a claim through your credit card company or get in contact with the etsy person by any means? I know that won't help you get your suit back, but I'd be more concerned about getting my money back.

Hi Phil, Yeah ive filed a claim but am yet to hear back from them, hopefully ill be able to get it back. just gutted about the party really.

Cheers

Chris

That is LOW. I'm very sorry to read that, Chris.
I'm sure Etsy will do good by you, but still, let us know how it plays out.

I myself can't help you, but you could do worse than contacting member "Monstermask". He's UK based, he builds armors and sells/rents them.
He's 100% legit and honest to a fault : I would not be surprised if it turns out he can help you out. Look him up here between the active members, or contact him over Facebook (Monstermask.pl).

Good Luck !

Oh man........Sucksvill. Population: You.

Sorry to hear about your predicament. Can't help w/ suit but I can offer my best wishes and hope it works out.

That is LOW. I'm very sorry to read that, Chris.
I'm sure Etsy will do good by you, but still, let us know how it plays out.

I myself can't help you, but you could do worse than contacting member "Monstermask". He's UK based, he builds armors and sells/rents them.
He's 100% legit and honest to a fault : I would not be surprised if it turns out he can help you out. Look him up here between the active members, or contact him over Facebook (Monstermask.pl).

Good Luck !

Oh wow Yeah I'll get in contact, thanks :)

No problem. Tell him Kris send you. :)
And remember to keep us posted about the Etsy situation. Bad as it is, it's good to hear how Etsy deals with stuff like this when the you-know-what hits the you-know-what.

No luck with Monstermask, thinking about trying to bodge a batsuit together if I can't get anything better. Thanks for the suggestions and support though guys

got a little bored last night DSC_0154.JPG

Yeah, every ones go t option when they'er board is build a gun! Nothing out of the ordinary !! haha!! (my really silly sense of humor is really silly)!
Thats really cool !! is that made of styrofoam??

Exactly! and yeah its styrofoam and a bit of polyfilla as i didnt have any new blades so was a bit of a bodge, was waiting on a coat of paint to dry on a warhammer model so had to do something to keep myself entertained :p haha
Yeah, every ones go t option when they'er board is build a gun! Nothing out of the ordinary !! haha!! (my really silly sense of humor is really silly)!
Thats really cool !! is that made of styrofoam??

Right... Components for super bodged batsuit are ordered... gives me just over 2 months to build, sew, seal and paint all the parts... Game on...

Sorry to hear that man, but please contact Etsy. They will still have his information if you file a claim and they will be able to help you out with getting your money back. If its through PayPal, contact them as well. Sorry to hear about what happened and I hope you're able to find someone that can help!

Heres a link to help you out. https://www.etsy.com/help/article/35

cheers mate, yeah i have contacted both ETSY and PayPal, just waiting for a reply, started working on a bodge job batsuit just incase :p good o'l EVA foam haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back