I've got a question about google sketchup...

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinmon22

So I decided that I'd like to try out a bit of 3d modeling, so I downloaded sketchup 8. Problem is, I can't find any ways to install plugins. I know its a matter of finding the plugins folder and simply adding the .rb file, but its as though it doesn't exist. also, in the top bar (I'm running mac) there is no "Plugins" menu. does anyone else have an idea of what might be going on?

EDIT: I just looked at the screen cap again. It looks like the plugins menu did finally show up. Opened sketch up again and confirmed it. still missing in the SketchUp folder though.

Some pics:

What it should look like:
ui-DrawingWindow-mac-en.jpg

(notice the "Plugins" menu between "Window" and "Help")

What mine looks like:
B44Iz.png

(Notice the "Plugins" menu is missing)

Proof the Plugins folder doesn't exist:
jTyr9.png

Hmmmm, I'm not sure about mac, but i do see a google folder there. Try finding the plugin folder there because mine is installed in the google folder.

It seems as though you loaded SketchUp in Plan mode from the templates at the start up. You should still be able to do all the regular stuff that you can do in any other mode that SketchUp offers, such as rotating and everything else, but aesthetically it is a bit different. As for the plugin folder, I don't think I can help, since I'm running Windows 7 and there are 8 folders and a bunch of .dll's in the SketchUp 8 parent folder. Maybe reinstall Sketchup, or use another program (I mainly use Blender cause it's free too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back