Jackal Costume Complete

Which covenant should I build next?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
geez... that plasma shield is epic...you have so much talent! congratulations on completing a sick costume! :D and good luck with your next build ;)

Road Kill said:
that's pretty cool BTW Jspiker12 wanted to make grunt armor but someone deleted it from halocostuming

I dunno what to tell you, hun. *shrugs* But thanks.

Condor said:
geez... that plasma shield is epic...you have so much talent! congratulations on completing a sick costume! :D and good luck with your next build ;)

:) Thank you. I was so tired after this jackal, and I will take like a month or two break before I start my next one. But all the feedback is definitely getting me excited to work on my next one! Oh, if only I could decide...

So far the majority of everyone asked says I should make an Honor Guard. But then I looked at Arbie again and...ooooh it's so hard to choose! I know I could do the Arbiter some justice but then again, I've never seen an honor guard before...But the downside of that is there are so few good and close-up reference pictures. It was easier with the Jackal because of Theater mode but Halo 2 is less detailed and less helpful in the camera aspect...

Ragh. If only there was an honor guard action figure...

Last edited by a moderator:
My vote is for Tarter-butt the brute. :pI think it would be a bit easier than the elite, since you need a LOT less work to make a furry suit as opposed to the muscle and shape of the elite. Plus, Brutes seem to fit a human better. but that's just my 2 cents.

Boba Fett said:
My vote is for Tarter-butt the brute. :pI think it would be a bit easier than the elite, since you need a LOT less work to make a furry suit as opposed to the muscle and shape of the elite. Plus, Brutes seem to fit a human better. but that's just my 2 cents.

Now why would I want to do anything easy? :p

Boba Fett said:
AH! Too true... in that case, do the prophet, complete with floating/hover chair! :p

lol, yeaaaaah. I'm still trying to figure out a creative solution to make it appear as though I am hovering. Too bad that camouflage fabric isn't available to the public yet :p

Okay guys, I know this isn't the place to do so, but I can't start a new thread, so hear me out. I just need to share my excitement.

I want to build the Hunter next.

There is just one problem. I do NOT have the space for it in my apartment I will be getting for next year. That is the only problem.

Maybe I can work something out at my mom or dad's house? We'll see.

I don't even want to do an Elite right now. Because I was laying in bed thinking of how to do all the costumes I want to, coming up with interesting ways to make them work, and then I realized HOW TO MAKE THE HUNTER. It was like an epiphany.

I have just finished making the blue prints. The best part of how I want to achieve the Hunter is that it's the easiest, simplest way to build it. It's going to be a CINCH to wear and move around in, as well as to put on.

However, there is a downside to my excitement. I can't show you guys the blueprints. Why? Because I feel this is going to be revolutionary, for lack of a better word. I know that goes against what we are supposed to stand for, that being sharing our ideas and whatnot, but seriously, guys, I am so excited about this...my vagueness isn't going to help you at all, I know.

Just know that:

1. It will be to scale

2. It will be simple for me to wear (something my jackal was NOT)

I shall call my plans "Operation: Cockpit"

There is a reason for that name.

Anywho, I'm going to try my damnedest to see if I can't make the Hunter next. Space is the only issue. I simply don't have room to make it. So if I can't, then I will have to settle for an Honor Guard Elite. I just hope no one beats me to the Hunter. I know people have made them before, but my plans, they make me happy with all the possibilities.

Sorry, again, folks, I just...I can't contain myself. I would go running through the streets shouting "EUREKA" if only I was taking a bath right now.

I wonder if I can rent a storage place and work in there....hmmmm....

ALSO

I came up with an idea to make a retractable plasma sword for the honor guard. Yeah. You heard me.

false legs for the prophet to make it look like your hovering... while your feet are on the ground? Maybe a religious skirt around the chair?

Just throwing ideas out there =P

chwbcc said:
Even your vagueness excites me! I can't wait so see what you come up with now!

Okay, good. I just don't want to frustrate anyone with my vagueness.

Jackal Costume Finished: Now for a Hunter!

(I know this isn't the thread for this, but I'm not going to start a new thread which won't have any pictures, so I guess if the mods have a problem, I apologize profusely in advance.) Just hear me out.)

So, uh. F this. I've decided, I can't wait. I need to make the Hunter next.

Following the Grunts, Hunters are my second favorite Covenant. I have always wanted to make a costume for one. Since I recently figured out how to build one, to scale, easily, light-weight, and fully proportional, the ideas have been swimming around in my head for too long to let this wait. Yes, I want to do an Elite, but my life is changing in ways that are pressing for making this costume NOW. I've got one year before I'm leaving for art school, and I have no idea how to transport a Hunter costume to San Francisco, which is where I want to go. If I can, I want to shoot for San Diego Comic Con, because, ****, I'll get some exposure there for sure. That's where the Elite whose shadow I'm walking in was first popularized. As to how I'll get the mostly built Hunter to San Francisco, I don't know. Maybe once I get this thing rolling along further enough I can get some people to help donate funds to transport this beast.

The one issue I'm having is figuring out how to "collapse" the costume enough so that I can carry the pieces of it into and around a con in order to put them on, without a helper. Because I'm probably going to go alone. A scary thought, considering my Jackal needed so much help and the person I went to the con with gave me minimal assistance at best, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I don't think anything is impossible. I just have to sit and figure it out first.

So my next challenges will be: 1. figuring out transportability, and 2. building some rigs for this bad mother.

Again, I have ideas, I can't post them until I start progress on this, which I'm planning on doing soon. I've mentioned before that my main issue is space, because the apartment I'm living in for next school year is going to be tiny as hell. However, I'm going to see if I can't work at my mom's house for some of the pieces. I'm pretty sure she'll be for it, she enjoys my artwork. This is going to be tricky due to the distance she lives from me (an hour and a half away, which isn't that far, but still it's not convenient), but I'll make it work.

And then, I'm not sure who suggested that I hang some of the parts up in a big net from my ceiling, because I want to give them due credit for such a brilliant idea, (speak up if you're that person) but it's definitely a good plan. That'll be a space saver for sure.

I have the rest of this summer, and next summer. This school year is going to be slow and steady, though, since I'm going to be half-time student teaching for the first semester, and full-time student teaching next semester. And if anyone has any idea of how little free time teachers have, they'll understand why it's going to be difficult for me to make significant progress on the costume during that time. I'm still gonna try for it, though.

So, it'll be hard for me to make updates on a regular basis, but I'll try my best.

Anyways, wish me luck. When I get either the stilts or the torso rig built I'll start a thread on this place, and then I'll share with you all the design blueprints. I gotta get this thing rolling before I do that, so you'll hear from me, hopefully soon.

I'm so excited I can't sleep. It's 5 am. Agh! I gotta do this, it's my dream. You guys are going to crap your pants. Hopefully not literally. WOO!

That really sucks that at ACEN you did'nt win anything, I wonder what won first place? Sounds like me and All-Con with my Master Chief I did'nt win anything either. Good luck with your Hunter and if you do it as good as the Jackal you better win something at a convention or I'll be beating down judges with the Fist Of Rukt.

I have always wanted to see a costume for the honor guards from halo2. From your past work I really think you could make it great :)

Haha, I hope I win SOMETHING! If it takes me three costumes to win an award, I'll be happy. If I can't, I'll still keep making these things until I do. (Though, technically, being put in the elite forum does count as an award, at least in my eyes.)

I was entered into the "Hallway Contest" because I found out that American-based series couldn't be in the Masquerade. Which, actually, was a load of crap, because I saw plenty of those in the Masquerade. But I wouldn't have been able to be on stage in that costume anyway, I would have tripped and died or something.

But the person who beat me in the Hallway Contest was a chick who dressed as a Na'vi from Avatar. I'm willing to bet that because the judges didn't know what I was, that had a negative impact on it. Oh well. I was in the wrong kind of con for that, anyway. It's like being really good at speaking Japanese but living in Germany. It's not going to do much.

Thanks for all of the support. It motivates me.

WOW I hafe to say I had my doubts when I first saw your project but I was wrong and congrats. I hope you are going to the person around here who takes on the hard and strange builds and I look forward to your next build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back