Jayne's Revolver "Boo" from Firefly (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ya'll

So i have been inactive for quite some time now. But hey life and school got in the way! Good news is I'm graduated and i now have a steady job so I'm fully funded and back at it!!

Now i know its not Halo related but with halloween on the horizon i wanted to put a costume together. Since I don't have a ton of time to do any armor I decided to go with a costume from one of my favorite TV shows Firefly! The character i chose is Jayne Cobb and he would be nothing without his trusty side arm which he loveingly named "Boo". So i set out to make my own!

So without further delay, here are the progress pics!

IMAG0172_zpsf67a526e.jpg

IMAG0173_zps49e9ff42.jpg

IMAG0181_BURST001_zps8dde2277.jpg

Well there it is folks! The gray color is just a base coat then I'll be filling and sanding next and afterward its on to the final pait job!

Hope you all like it, comments and critiques are always welcome.

Cheers,
Bearman

Attachments

• IMAG0172_zpsf67a526e.jpg
    IMAG0172_zpsf67a526e.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 228
  • IMAG0173_zps49e9ff42.jpg
    IMAG0173_zps49e9ff42.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 239
  • IMAG0181_BURST001_zps8dde2277.jpg
    IMAG0181_BURST001_zps8dde2277.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 251
I've never seen the show this is from, but I looked up some pictures and your prop looks fairly accurate :) . Nice work so far, can't wait to see it painted up

I've never seen the show this is from...

Then get off your rear and watch it. It's an incredible show that ended way before its time. Many of the actors went on to voice characters in Halo as well, so there is a lot of Firefly humor in the Halo series.

TheBearMan, looking good so far! Next you'll have to build Vera.

@edwardnjlw: I am in complete agreement with Carpathian here! If you haven't seen the show then pop up some of that corn and get watching because you wont regret it! And thanks Ill have more progress up soon!!

@Carpathian: Thanks a lot man!! Vera is definitely on my list, this one was just the shorter build to get me through the halloween season but you can bet ill be taking a crack at Vera in the future!!

As always guys thanks so much for the support I will have progress pics soon, Ive been doing plenty of filling and sanding the last few days!

Thanks again,
Bearman

Hey y'all!

So finally some progress photos. After some spot putty and sanding iv'e applied another base coat of grey (unfortunately i didn't read the can so the base coat is gloss instead of matte) and im about ready to finish this thing up.

Here are the pics, sorry for the quality
IMAG0192_zpsf2006a5e.jpg

So the cylinder has been base coated silver because my holster is a bit of a tight fit. So when i get the final coat of gloss black on this puppy when that begins to rub away i should get that nice silver base coat coming through for some real weathering. Now i just have to get some of that black and i will have the finished photos soon!

Also as a bonus I decided to make my own blue sun shirt, since in 6'5" and couldn't buy one in a tall size. So i made the stencil myself and here are the results.

IMAG0183_zps7cb81c99.jpg
IMAG0186_zps8d817d7a.jpg

Well thats it for now!
As always i appreciate your input guys!

Cheers,
Bearman

Attachments

• IMAG0186_zps8d817d7a.jpg
    IMAG0186_zps8d817d7a.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 258
  • IMAG0183_zps7cb81c99.jpg
    IMAG0183_zps7cb81c99.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 238
  • IMAG0192_zpsf2006a5e.jpg
    IMAG0192_zpsf2006a5e.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 211
Love Firefly, so I can't wait to see the finished product. It's looking great so far.

Thank you so much for the support guys!

@Chainsaw Ninja: here is a link man, http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/firefly/
You will love the show, its only 14 episodes because it was canceled in the first season but as any firefly fan can tell you that should never have happened! but you can find out for yourself enjoy!!

Now finally the moment you have all been waiting for!
IMAG0197_zps8e951ae1.jpg

So im pretty happy with the finished product, the only problem i had was that the paint reacted a bit funny with the base coat, so theres a few glitches in the paint. Besides that im happy with it over all!!

Hopefully i will have some better pics soon guys! Let me know what you think and thanks again for all the comments so far!!

Cheers,
Bearman

Attachments

• IMAG0197_zps8e951ae1.jpg
    IMAG0197_zps8e951ae1.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 238
Thanks Chainsaw ninja!

Im already way ahead of you on high viz orange muzzle. I put some tape on it just in case. Keep me from getting in trouble with the cops lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back