Jedi Stumpy's New Mkvi Helmet New Update 12/3/09 Molding Done! Casts Have Been Pulled!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why you have Elite status Jedi! I love this helmet, and I'll just say it's on par with a Blue Realm Helmet... Excellent work! I have to get cranking on my armor build(s).

This just gets me motivated to get better and get to building... Fantastic Work!

Mouth fell open, tongue rolled out of my mouth, all the paperwork on my desk is compleetly soaked. But who cares. I just saw a helmet so great and so smooth that im just out of words. Now i saw whats my stuff an the stuff of more profesional people.

Jurgenp1

That is some straight up amazing Detail Work. That helmet looks spot on. One of the best I have seen here on the site in a while

pooper said:
This is why you have Elite status Jedi! I love this helmet, and I'll just say it's on par with a Blue Realm Helmet... Excellent work! I have to get cranking on my armor build(s).

This just gets me motivated to get better and get to building... Fantastic Work!

Thanks Pooper!! I was at first (and still am) in love with your helm. That's what got me inspired at work on mine! And as for on par with a BR Helm...sure I'll accept that compliment!

Hopefully in the future we can put all out knowledge together and making something even better!!!

(Summer trip to GA?!)

LT-GRAVE said:
dude, that black looks sick. for some reason it just fits better then the other colors

The black isn't the final color. I just needed to "seal" it before I clear coated it. But I do agree. The Black does look sick. The paint I use looks great!

jurgenp1 said:
Mouth fell open, tongue rolled out of my mouth, all the paperwork on my desk is compleetly soaked. But who cares. I just saw a helmet so great and so smooth that im just out of words. Now i saw whats my stuff an the stuff of more profesional people.

Jurgenp1

You can't blame it on the dog now!

It just takes time a practice. Your stuff is looking good right now as well. Gotta start somewhere!

XxK1LLR0YxX said:
That is some straight up amazing Detail Work. That helmet looks spot on. One of the best I have seen here on the site in a while

Thanks!

Good news, I ordered my Molding supplies from my local Smooth-On distributor. It all should be here TOMORROW! It's going to be like Christmas for me!!!

I will take pics and document the krap out of this, quoting BenStreeper among others as I go.

I'm going to professionally approach this as well for this mold. (No home-remedies)

If everything goes right I can give you an update tomorrow evening (or afternoon)!

Till then!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I received my early Christmas Gift from myself today! It was awesome! Had no idea what it was!

Got my new area set up. The only thing I need is to get a drop cloth down.

Here is what I got:

Rebound 25

Smooth-Cast 325

Plasti-Paste®

Sonite Wax

Ease Release® 200

Thi-Vex II 1

Silc Pig Tint

So-Strong Tint

DSC02683.jpg

I would love to start tonight but "Good Ole' Smooth-On" is there for yah:

Material needs to be at room temperature before use. If not it won't cure and I'm not going to have that!

DSC02692.jpg

I will be making videos and pic tuts/updates as well to help pass the knowledge around the community.

I don't think I will be able to sleep night! The only issue for me is that tomorrow I work and I just had the last TWO days off! Oh well.

Keep ya posted! Till then!

hehe nice gift to yourself :)

I should do this to this year :) That way i'm sure i know what i want :/ or erm give

dangit...

JediStumpy said:
Well I received my early Christmas Gift from myself today! It was awesome! Had no idea what it was!

Got my new area set up. The only thing I need is to get a drop cloth down.

Here is what I got:

Rebound 25

Smooth-Cast 325

Plasti-Paste®

Sonite Wax

Ease Release® 200

Thi-Vex II 1

Silc Pig Tint

So-Strong Tint

I would love to start tonight but "Good Ole' Smooth-On" is there for yah:

Material needs to be at room temperature before use. If not it won't cure and I'm not going to have that!

I will be making videos and pic tuts/updates as well to help pass the knowledge around the community.

I don't think I will be able to sleep night! The only issue for me is that tomorrow I work and I just had the last TWO days off! Oh well.

Keep ya posted! Till then!

Nice Christmas present....haha....can't wait to see more man!! Looks very, very good thus far!!

JediStumpy said:
265mm Height. It is the default that the FS HD MKVI file opens up to. It wouldn't fit huge heads but I have a good sized head and it fits me just fine. If this helps I have a hat size of 7 (US) or 24 inches circumference. ((Hat sizes range from 2 to 8, Small to XXLarge)) My head is 23 7/8 inches circumference and I got the opening to fit just fine WITHOUT taking off the entire bottom.

But it is now about 275-280mm because of all the bondo on top. So Molded cast will be that height and not the Pep height (or file height)

There's your answer SuperE1!

That actually would be perfect since I used the default last time. It fit fine but could have had a little more room, ya know?. The increase with the bondo detailing would fit a lot better once a cast was pulled.

I'll be waiting on the run for one.

also

have you used smoothcast 325 before?

I dunno if it was just me but my 325 didn't tint as well as they advertised. It was very translucent

Also very rubbery. I usually let the helmet sit in the mold for an hour before demold, maybe more.

Temperature was not a factor aswell, it was room temperature.

It was a weird material that I will not buy again unless I need it to mold very small parts or props etc

Good luck with it. Let me know how your batch works for you.

Well the Molding has begun! This year I can't make it home for Thanksgiving so my wife and I are cooking at our place( with me doing most of the cooking) So between layer I have been watching the turkey. Yum!

Here are some action shots:

I will load up a video later:

DSC02707.jpg

DSC02710.jpg

DSC02719.jpg

Dayum, buddy! That helmet's looking great! :D

I don't know if I posted this already, but if not:

sealSpartanII.jpg

Like has been said before, this helmet looks spot on, dude. I agree the quality of this could even rival BlueRealm's, lol. Good job! *applauds*

SPARTAN II said:
Dayum, buddy! That helmet's looking great! :D

I don't know if I posted this already, but if not:

sealSpartanII.jpg

Like has been said before, this helmet looks spot on, dude. I agree the quality of this could even rival BlueRealm's, lol. Good job! *applauds*

YES!! The SpartenII Sta-Stamp!!!

rvb18 said:
post-5249-1227663221_thumb-1.jpg
only a boiler maker, can cook a turkey and throw silicon on a helmet at the same time

LOL!! That is sounds just right!!

Ok sorry for the double post but got an update:

I have two layers on plus I added thickened silicone to the undercuts.

Next is two more layers of silicone with at least a few touch ups with thickened silicone here and there to finish the keys.

DSC02732.jpg

DSC02737.jpg

DSC02764.jpg

DSC02775.jpg

It's work like this that inspires me to do more and more. Wow, just wow.

ps. I didn't see it said anywhere, but did you forgo resining the outside of the pep?

Spawnd said:
It's work like this that inspires me to do more and more. Wow, just wow.

ps. I didn't see it said anywhere, but did you forgo resining the outside of the pep?

No I put a layer of FB resin on the outside first

OK BIG UPDATE!!!

Got the molding all done. Silicone, Mother Mold is all done just need to do some sanding tomorrow and fill in some thin spots after I pulled it off the silicone (the mother mold that is)

The Mother mold worked out great for my first time. I made keys into the clay and they turned out good, but not great....just did press in the Plasti Paste hard enough in some spots.

The Clay is Prong Model Clay and and sealed it with Sonite Wax and Ease Release 200. The Wax is great and easy to work with!

The clay pulled right off.

The mother mold took me awhile to get off because I mess up the the side silicone keys I forget I would be pulling the Mother Mold off straight back and the keys for a front side, opps. So with alot of tugging since the keys had about a 1 inch front I got the MM off. I also trimed off the key to make it easier to pull off.

So I just got my first poor in the the mold, witch I seated back in and I'm going to wait awhile to demold it.

Here some pics:

All of them can be found here:Photobucket Link to all Pics of new Helmet

DSC02811.jpg

DSC02816.jpg

DSC02824.jpg

DSC02826.jpg

DSC02829.jpg

DSC02832.jpg

DSC02832.jpg

DSC02836.jpg

DSC02840.jpg

Cast are ready now if you would like one. They aren't going to priced very high at all.

I will make a Classified Topic in a day or two.

Or just shot me a PM whenever!

I will post more later!

DSC02832.jpg

wow amazing jedi it just looks really great, The helmet and mold came out get i might pm you about a cast

Thanks,

Th3 FETT MAN

EDIT- Cant pm you you inbox must be full

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back