JF140's Jun WIP for Reach Release-New Robo Craft

Status
Not open for further replies.

JangoFett140

I wasn't planning on a new suit this year....and then I saw Juns armor and I was in love and had to build it. I started a helm while the forums where down but it came out a bit small.
th_DSCF5137.jpgth_DSCF5138.jpgth_DSCF5163.jpg
I picked up a Robo Craft and as my first build to test it out I rebuilt the helm. I have a weird problem where on the bottom half of the page it streches the top part of pieces so the bottom ends up off. So to counter I'm using my legal size cardstock and doing half on one side and the rest on the other. Any thoughts on this??

I'm having trouble sizing the attachment right cause im using raziel1981 files and they don't come sized to match but otherwise their great files.
th_DSCF5167.jpgth_DSCF5166.jpg
Im using L3X BLU3R1V3R's Updated Torso.

th_DSCF5165.jpg
Progress to come quickly. Only 66 days till release!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that helmet is looking real good. Im gonna keep an eye on this thread because I want to see how it will look like when finished.

Jun is my favorite character so far from Reach, and I was planning on either building Jun's armor or an ODST but Im undecided for now.

Wow, that helmet is looking real good. Im gonna keep an eye on this thread because I want to see how it will look like when finished.

Thanks Much. Got the Torso done looks like i was about 1/2-3/4 in off on the scale so depending on time ill redo it or just cut and snip and make it the right size.
th_DSCF5170.jpg
th_DSCF5169.jpg
th_DSCF5168.jpg

47 days to go!! got the shoulders done while i was in Minnesota. Peping by a lake is relaxing :D Want to have the forearms and Cod done this week also. Peping should be finished by the 17th of August.
th_35778673_photobucket_1394_.jpgth_35778673_photobucket_1630_.jpgth_35778673_photobucket_1631_.jpgth_35778673_photobucket_1393_.jpg

Major update. I finally have some time at a decent hour to post some pics up. only have one boot left to do and some detail mods on a few parts. still debating on whether i should rebuild my torso so just mod it so it fits better. as you can see in my forearm ive fitted the attachment to my itouch. after Reach is out and we seen what all that forearm comp does im gonna make a basic app that replicates it. im assuming ill be adding satellite photos of the campaign levels and such.
DSCF5180.jpg

DSCF5179.jpg

DSCF5178.jpg

DSCF5177.jpg

DSCF5176.jpg

DSCF5174.jpg

Any update on the helmet pieces scaling, im about to start work on raziels. I like the fact that its seprate but at the same time this could end up just being a big headache.

Any update on the helmet pieces scaling, im about to start work on raziels. I like the fact that its seprate but at the same time this could end up just being a big headache.
Best I can give you is to multiply the scale factor of the helmet by 1.20 and see how it looks. If its to small still measure the width of the top "fins and the back plus the gap between them and compare that to the width of the attachment where those places touch and add how ever many millimeters needed to match to the width. the problem with this file it that it will never be a flush fit. Im going to add a few things onto mine so it is. Hope this helps, if you have any questions just ask.

As for updates here's where I'm at on the helmet.
yesterday
35778673_photobucket_8110_.jpg

35778673_photobucket_8111_.jpg

today
35778673_photobucket_8325_.jpg

35778673_photobucket_8326_.jpg

As for the rest of it the forearms are rondo'd and bondo'd but not sanded. Torso is rondo'd but need another layer of fiberglass. It started to fall apart when I fiberglassed it and got messed up so I built new sections and glued them to the inside to fix it. its not the best but it works for release night. ill probably remake it this fall.

awesome :D

hey there... i haven't been using the same methods that you use for the helmets with the rondo and bondo.. i was wondering if you would be gracious enough :p to explain it to me, for example what is rondo? as far as i have it figured you resin the helmet, then rondo the outside? then do all the sanding back and detail?? and also.. fantastic work :D

hey there... i haven't been using the same methods that you use for the helmets with the rondo and bondo.. i was wondering if you would be gracious enough :p to explain it to me, for example what is rondo? as far as i have it figured you resin the helmet, then rondo the outside? then do all the sanding back and detail?? and also.. fantastic work :D
first i resin the out side then pour rondo on the inside. I use a ratio of about 1/6th resin to bondo to make it runny enough for my taste. Ben Streeper has some great vids on his youtube-http://www.youtube.com/user/iceagonakilya for how to rondo. hope this helps

Finally have some time to update ive been getting home and working till 2-3 most night this week.
2010-08-29_01-07-04_934.jpg

I made this for my cousins 1st bday. sadly its probably small but he lives in Tx so it was hard to scale right in one night :p
I used the size tester model and then cut foam paper copies of each piece to glue on top.
2010-09-01_02-42-47_168.jpg

2010-09-01_02-42-37_429.jpg

2010-09-01_02-42-26_851.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing you can do to keep the ipod cover thing on is rare eath magnets, they probly wount mess with the ipod. Rare earth manets are cheap and strong. just dont screw around with them, there manets and cn do PAIN to fingers and such. Also awsome build, wish I had a shop like that to work in. keep it up!

Im using a snap lock like for cupboards
threw some random paint i had on it to see what i would look like
35778673_photobucket_12018_.jpg

35778673_photobucket_12019_.jpg

35778673_photobucket_12020_.jpg

35778673_photobucket_12021_.jpg

Thats a nice build so far. A while back i tried out his helmet as well and i made it too small too =[
the helmet looks really good.

Very nice. Im planning a Jun build as well and was wondering where you got the peps for armor i can only find helmet.

Finally had some time to post a few pics from the midnight release! It was a total blast, just wished i could have gotten there sooner. got delayed by a bad wire. it kept blowing my fans and then when i fixed it my brand new voice amp blew up, dont know what happened there. anyway Reach=Win Bungie= the gods
New torso will get started on this weekend along with resanding some part so they look better and not rushed and of course THE SNIPER :D will start soon. Gotta be ready for Nebraskon 2010
35778673_photobucket_14864_.jpg

35778673_photobucket_14866_.jpg

35778673_photobucket_14867_.jpg

35778673_photobucket_14868_.jpg

35778673_photobucket_14869_.jpg

35778673_photobucket_14870_.jpg

35778673_photobucket_14871_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back