Johnson Arms - Prop Guns and related stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't even tell what the Halo Guns are supposed to be, they're just painted nerf guns.
The only one I recognized was the Turret.

They're not supposed to be any official, canon guns. They're just CUSTOMIZED (not just painted) Nerf guns made to look like they fit into the Halo universe. That help?

Wow... i shouldve looked more into just paint and minor customizations as opposed to creating a custom rifle. These look awesome!

The only one that annoys me is the one with the upside down recon stock, and a scope. The scope is useless because the stock is right behind it blocking it. Id say use one of those recon laser pointers with the rail on it, and make a makeshift riser mount.

Welcome to the 405th Brian, And an awesome job on your guns btw keep up the good work. P.S OMG Your in Floridaaa!!!!! Sweeeet <:3 PARTY HATS!!!

Very cool! Yes, if you ever find yourself in the Tampa/Clearwater area drop me a line. Always glad to have people come by and see my little shop and hang out :)

I built a custom riser for the scope, it just wasn't complete for the photo. Sorry about that, just didn't think it took away from the photo too much.

One of my current projects is a nerf custom using parts from a bunch of gun parts and other assorted bit. I thought I'd do something on the side to show I do more fabrication, I just don't have the time to do too many as my primary job is painting replicas, not nerf guns. They're just a lot of fun to do when I have the time or a request from a client.

I was inspired by another person's gun on RPF as well as the TV show Tera Nova. They made some really cool guns from mostly nerf parts as I'm sure most of you will know by now, heh

I also finished up on a steampunk barrelbreak and a Gears of War themed Lasertag LTX pistol. I think they came out pretty successful, hope you enjoy.

The Beast Rifle :)

IMG_7534.jpg

IMG_7533.jpg

IMG_7527.jpg

IMG_7530.jpg

IMG_7529.jpg

more stuff!

Pinpoint site - best scope evar. :)

IMG_3690.jpg

IMG_3699.jpg

IMG_3696.jpg

New branding iron arrived! Got the temperature set correctly

IMG_3703.jpg

IMG_3701.jpg

Resin solid cast kit - Mal's Pistol from Firefly

IMG_3696.jpg

IMG_7517-1.jpg

IMG_7503-1.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3696.jpg
    IMG_3696.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 77
No real limit, i just try to keep to whatever theme I'm shooting for. I like using brighter colors, but I do more of what I know is well received right now. Once bills are covered, then I get to goof around with my own ideas :)

More photos from the past few days. Hope you all are doing well :)

All done on the LTX
IMG_7545.jpg

IMG_7548.jpg

IMG_3747.jpg

Cerberus Logo on a white Stampede
IMG_7543.jpg

Progress on the Mass Effect resin kit - This was a monster for me to clean up, but it's ok except for the slight body bend
8e4a2486.jpg

First color is on the LongDeploy :)
IMG_7542.jpg

Another Recon/Longstrike combo
IMG_7541.jpg

and sometimes thing break in shipping..before and after. I think a few large air bubbles were to blame for the damage
IMG_3744.jpg

IMG_3746.jpg

Here's a mixup of some new stuff I'm working on, I've been neglecting the photo editing part of all this, but I should be able to take a breath after I ship the last few weeks worth of stuff, haha

Nerf Element WIP, looking a little Terra Nova I 'spose
IMG_3797.jpg

IMG_3802.jpg

A few scouts with some carbon fiber testing on the black one. First try with the vinyl
IMG_3742-1.jpg

IMG_3804.jpg

IMG_3806.jpg

more firefly orders
IMG_3796.jpg

IMG_3729.jpg

50's deco themed Tommy20 for a fallout look when it's done
IMG_3799.jpg

and what's finally done, but took forever. They look pretty cool now that they're all complete and lined up on the rack. I like to pretend I'm in the armory of the Normandy..before it blew up ;)
IMG_3798.jpg

First stages of a longstrike recon mashup - trying for a steampunk look
IMG_3754.jpg

IMG_3803.jpg

and things to start sanding for next week..
IMG_3791.jpg

IMG_3793.jpg

IMG_3792.jpg

A few things I'm working on! Hope you all are having a great Thanksgiving!

Final Photos on the Green Hornet themed X6
IMG_7622.jpg

IMG_7624.jpg

A better photo of this one:
IMG_7633.jpg

A few detail shots on the Stampedes
IMG_7652.jpg

IMG_7645.jpg

IMG_7669.jpg

and here's a few extras I'm doing up, the praxis is non-functioning, but it will have LED lighting - I'm thinking blue will be the final interior color or possibly a few different colors

IMG_3880.jpg

IMG_7678.jpg

lighting mock-up
IMG_3885.jpg

IMG_3886.jpg

IMG_7680.jpg

another one of Mal's pistols is almost done
IMG_7686.jpg

IMG_7685.jpg

IMG_7684.jpg

Very nice, very clean.

Have you ever done any scratch builds?

I'm not sure I'd say I've ever built anything from the ground up, but I've done some pretty modified guns in the past. Not everything can be photographed and shared so unfortunately some of the things I'd like to share end up sitting on my hard drive :/ I'm glad you like how the new stuff is looking, though. Thank you!

Here are the steel and bronze pistols all finished up. I realized this morning that I missed the screw in the handle of the bronze version and that will be fixed immediately :)

IMG_7709.jpg

IMG_7710.jpg

IMG_7692.jpg

IMG_7711.jpg

IMG_7708.jpg

The Haloish Element is all done as well so I'll add a few photos of that too. All the screw holes were filled as were all the gaps created from shaving off the hook hanger on the grip as well as the plunger arm that came out the back

IMG_7704.jpg

IMG_7705.jpg

IMG_7703.jpg

IMG_7706.jpg

Here's a few photos from the past few days. My kidney stone is still being a problem so I've been unable to do as much as I'm use to. I hope to have that fixed soon

Steampunk Longstrike
IMG_4012.jpg

IMG_4011.jpg

IMG_4013.jpg

Firefly Resin cast prop WIP
IMG_4010.jpg

Jayne's Lemat getting close to finished
IMG_3995.jpg

IMG_3996.jpg

A shot with the metal Denix and some midly painted grips
IMG_3997.jpg

Rust practice in progress :)
IMG_3989.jpg

Thanks!

Amazing work! I still can't get over what some of you guys can do with off the shelf plastic toy guns! Keep it up man...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back