Johnson Arms - Prop Guns and related stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnson Arms

Hey guys, I've been a forum troll on 405th for a long enough and wanted to get more involved here on the site. I make prop guns, focused more on the painting than the fabrication at this stage until I can move into a larger workshop. I do commissions when time permits and I'm always up for working on someone's custom weapon. Drop me a line if you have any interest in this stuff and I hope you'll check out my blog for some of the 300+ guns I've done this past year :)

Since the site is HALO specific, I will try to focus on posting only those guns that are HALO related until I would hear otherwise, thanks for understanding :)

Regards,
Brian Johnson

IMG_7206.jpg

IMG_7194.jpg

IMG_7248.jpg

Vigilon WIP
IMG_7231.jpg

IMG_3161.jpg

Lanard X6
IMG_7217.jpg

IMG_7216.jpg

IMG_6813.jpg

IMG_6811.jpg

A few other themes..
IMG_7189.jpg

thanks again and feel free to post your stuff here, I enjoy checking it out too :)

These are some really nice nerd guns! I like the combinations of barrels! I did some similar stuff recently, but your paint jobs are beyond what i have done! from one n00b to another, this is some sick stuff!

Haha, nerd guns, I do that all the time, hehe. Thanks a lot :) I've been doing it for about a year now so I'm looking forward to what I can produce in another year or two. Right now I'm just having a fun time with em and they help fill the open spots in my schedule!

Just a few more photos from the shop today. Finished the Vera gun, finally! ;)

Youtube professionalism at it's finest...ok, did it on the phone cam. Ick! Just a few more photos from the shop today. Finished the Vera gun, finally! ;)

Video of the guns in the photos:

IMG_7319.jpg

IMG_7313.jpg

IMG_7315.jpg

IMG_3302.jpg

IMG_7322.jpg

IMG_3301.jpg

Video of the guns in the photos:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't even tell what the Halo Guns are supposed to be, they're just painted nerf guns.
The only one I recognized was the Turret.

Holy crap! dude those are amazing guns! Any of these for sale?
i just painted my nerf longstrike today.

That is some OUTSTANDING work! I am loving the Vera...it is my very favorite gun.
And are those .357 sig cartriges I see next to the UNSC lighter????

That is some OUTSTANDING work! I am loving the Vera...it is my very favorite gun.
And are those .357 sig cartriges I see next to the UNSC lighter????

Thanks, that one was a lot of work, but pretty fun to build. Being the first one it took a bit longer to do :) Ya, that's from my sub compact Glock, haha. Good for props too

I can't even tell what the Halo Guns are supposed to be, they're just painted nerf guns.
The only one I recognized was the Turret.

Ya, you missed the point, I think.. I do replicas mostly and the nerf stuff is just fun to do when I'm not doing the other. I don't try to chop the bodies too much because they just get to be sloppy looking with all the patching. I do them in a style of that "universe", but never meant to be exact. I'm more of a painter than a fabricator anyways, so that works for me :)

lol, iPhone spell check, much?

Ya, that was me commenting on the other guy who wrote "nerd gun"...but yeah, my iP4 does that correct all the time.

Holy crap! dude those are amazing guns! Any of these for sale?
i just painted my nerf longstrike today.

Thanks for that! They're all sold or orders so already spoken for. I don't get much time to do side projects, but when I do, I try to do more detail than normal.

Most of these are close to complete, but still a few days out. All function except the longshot with the skinny barrel inserted. Thanks for checking the out

Lots of nerf scouts in the works..some of these you'll see are not quite finished

IMG_7379.jpg

IMG_7381.jpg

IMG_7409.jpg

IMG_7407.jpg

Longshot sniper rifle (awaiting bipod stock for an actual rifle) Scope was a stand in..a bit more detailing and it's all done

IMG_7411.jpg

IMG_7412.jpg

Spectre - Simple Dieselpunk look for a book trailer (becoming more popular I guess)

IMG_7393.jpg

IMG_7391.jpg

Almost done messing with this one :)

IMG_7403.jpg

Alternate Mass Effect themed Vigilon

IMG_7406.jpg

and to roud it off, another Lanard X8 in a brass and steel color combo

IMG_7387.jpg

IMG_7388.jpg

IMG_7389.jpg

Ok finally some more photos to share. As usual, time had to be spent working and not getting to play around on the computer last week. Here's a mixture of WIPs and also finished guns. The crappier photos are from the phone. I cannot wait to get the new 4S for the better camera alone hehe

Long-barrel sniper rifle
IMG_7459.jpg

IMG_7453.jpg

IMG_7457.jpg

A couple props for a friend's little film project. No real closeups planned so I left the logos on there. Hey, I did the work for free! ;)
IMG_7462.jpg

IMG_7463.jpg

IMG_7464.jpg

Mini steampunk styled blaster
IMG_7450.jpg

IMG_3585.jpg

Green Hornet Gas Gun inspired colors on this X6
IMG_3616.jpg

and some assorted photos

IMG_3583.jpg

IMG_3598.jpg

IMG_3518.jpg

IMG_3607.jpg

IMG_3610.jpg

Just thought I should say, Awesome!!! Your paint jobs are great. They really make the nerf guns fit the universe you are trying to imitate. I like a lot & you have one more fan...lol. Again, great work!

-Tony

Just thought I should say, Awesome!!! Your paint jobs are great. They really make the nerf guns fit the universe you are trying to imitate. I like a lot & you have one more fan...lol. Again, great work!

-Tony

You are very talented man! You have given me a great idea, I see you used nerf guns

Impressive paintjobs, my friend!

Thanks guys, that kind of stuff makes me want to startthe next project..and the next...hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back