Invidiax4fan

Jr Member
Member DIN
S935
Hello all!
Some of you that know me, know that I'm currently looking ahead to do my Jorge build from Halo Reach. Jorge because he is a true homie and always stood out in Noble team to me, also a huge fan of grenadier armor is general.
I will be using the NerdForgeDesign Mark Vb files for 3D printing using a Bambu Lab X1 carbon which I have some experience with by now considering this will be my 3rd NFD build with his files.
Because I have done 2 Noble six armors so far, I hope to take all that knowledge of connecting parts, mounting and scaling and use it for this build.
Below you can see my 1st rendition of the Noble six armor, to get an idea of the scaling I will use according to my body build.
IMG_5033.jpg

I am fortunate enough to have the files fit me perfectly without needing to scale it.
The only thing that needs scaling regardless is the forearm/gauntlets because the base scale makes it so I have to break my hand to get in/out.
I will be reusing the fiberglass abdominal piece from my previous build which was ordered from 850armorworks, shown below:
IMG_6309.jpg

IMG_6310.jpg

IMG_6313.jpg

As you can see, they come in 2 shells, They have a video on their facebook to show how to trim and connect it. You glue one side, while adding velcro to the other side which allows you to easily put it on yourself without assistance, and completes the Mark Vb look.
On to the printing side of things.
I am using a Bambu lab X1 Carbon which has been my workhorse ever since I sold all my other printers because this one is faster and more reliable than the others.
Its been printing non stop since I got it and this baby does it all.
149B9E90-FC9B-4170-AB25-394971A88A49.jpg

I am using sunlu PLA+ and have had a great experience with it. You can easily get it on Amazon.
73D03A97-1919-4B16-AC87-321A6B983960.jpg

B8B3B7B7-82AC-4941-954D-E45FBBCE00CF.jpg

Above you can see I started on on the base of the Mark Vb first, because I want to get it out of the way, since this is my 3rd Mark Vb in a row and it is becoming monotonous work to print haha. Once that is done, I will start on the grenadier chestplate addon, shoulders, calves and bracers.
I will be making the boots and shins into 1 "boot" because the shins are freaking MASSIVE on this guy. Shins are the worst part of a build for me because the Mark Vb shins, you could house 10 regular size families in and still have spare room for your leg.

That's all for now!

Hello friends!

Ive been quite busy with printing while working on other projects, but storage is becoming a big issue due to the many parts that make up this armor as seen below:
7AADAC35-6D91-435B-99EE-15EE66971308.jpg

Because of the 256mm cubic buildplate on my printer, the chestplate consists of 5 pieces and the backpack of 4 pieces, which I started glueing together with the grenadier addon pieces today:

7AFBE53E-31D4-4E4D-85C0-7C2AEC06FE2D.jpg

IMG_6982.jpg

Glueing was done with ZAP Medium CA glue on sanded surfaces of the PLA+ parts. I accelerated the process by curing it faster with the ZAP KICKER CA accelerator. I'll link a picture below for refference:
7005B27A-56A2-42E2-8FF7-B69535CEB059.jpg

The bond is very strong after it hardens, Ive tried breaking the 2 PLA parts at the weakest point with a lot of force and it does not budge. I will melt both parts together on the back part where it is hidden for additional strength.
-------------
Up next are the shoulder pads. Jorge consists of a EVA shoulderpad, and a grenadier shoulderpad. Both weigh about 600g each before connecting to the bicep armor. There will be connected to the bicep parts using magnets.
Because of this and the size of these parts, I will also add mechanical connections between the bicep part and the shoulderpad.
I have added holes not present in the nerdforge files to sink in a magnet, aswell as heatinserts on each side of the madgnet to screw in the shoulderpad to the biceppart. This is done so that other visitors at conventions dont brush your suit and knock a shoulderpad to the floor.
Pictures below:
IMG_6976.jpg

70AD6D0D-39DB-4633-8110-526A891326CF.jpg

1265958E-91AF-41AB-B91C-000F7D9508D2.jpg

------------
Next up is the helmet which is currently printing. As stated before in my first post, the armor files fit me perfectly. This is not the case for the helmet. The helmet is scale way too large compared to the armor files. I went to armor smith and decided on scaling the helmet to 85% compared to the chestplate. Pics below.
7319c65700534cdc4578e9f2a2dafd64.png

1f0938014df436588a34ed9c4f69b9eb.png

Thats all for now!

Hello friends!

Ive been quite busy with printing while working on other projects, but storage is becoming a big issue due to the many parts that make up this armor as seen below:
View attachment 329366
Because of the 256mm cubic buildplate on my printer, the chestplate consists of 5 pieces and the backpack of 4 pieces, which I started glueing together with the grenadier addon pieces today:

View attachment 329367

View attachment 329368
Glueing was done with ZAP Medium CA glue on sanded surfaces of the PLA+ parts. I accelerated the process by curing it faster with the ZAP KICKER CA accelerator. I'll link a picture below for refference:
View attachment 329369
The bond is very strong after it hardens, Ive tried breaking the 2 PLA parts at the weakest point with a lot of force and it does not budge. I will melt both parts together on the back part where it is hidden for additional strength.
-------------
Up next are the shoulder pads. Jorge consists of a EVA shoulderpad, and a grenadier shoulderpad. Both weigh about 600g each before connecting to the bicep armor. There will be connected to the bicep parts using magnets.
Because of this and the size of these parts, I will also add mechanical connections between the bicep part and the shoulderpad.
I have added holes not present in the nerdforge files to sink in a magnet, aswell as heatinserts on each side of the madgnet to screw in the shoulderpad to the biceppart. This is done so that other visitors at conventions dont brush your suit and knock a shoulderpad to the floor.
Pictures below:
View attachment 329370

View attachment 329371

View attachment 329372
------------
Next up is the helmet which is currently printing. As stated before in my first post, the armor files fit me perfectly. This is not the case for the helmet. The helmet is scale way too large compared to the armor files. I went to armor smith and decided on scaling the helmet to 85% compared to the chestplate. Pics below.
View attachment 329373
View attachment 329374

Thats all for now!
That's an awesome amount of progress! Your prints look super clean too!

Amazing work and very inspiring!!! I have a Bambu X1C and I am going to attempt the Master Chief Infinite armor set. Do you have any tips on what settings you used for your Bambu? Anything would help. I just want to make sure the armor is tough and can handle wear and tear so I am curious what Strength settings you went with. I'll be printing in Sunlu PLA+ like you.

This is looking Great! i am also working on Jorge build and will defiantly be following your progress with great anticipation!

Invidia how did I not see this thread until now???? Had no idea you were makin jorge. I too, will now be following your thread XD

Wow that's so Awesome!!! I know how much thought you've put into that fine Armour art. I've spent 2 years of interrupted effort on my CQB helmet and am purely amazed with your end result. Good work....Nah I mean it... Really good work!!!
I used Kevlar on Pep and it's been 3 prototypes and you've convinced me. I'll be looking to 3d print now and line with fabric coated EVA.

Attachments

• DSCF2775.JPG
    DSCF2775.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 72
So how is Jorge coming along? Are you going to make the backpack as well? What files are you using for Jorge? NerdForge?

This thread is more than 6 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back