Props Juliet76's Blueprints

Status
Not open for further replies.

juliet76

Early 2009 I got asked to draw up some blueprints for a build on here. Not long after I realised that the hand drawings I intended to do weren't going to cut it quality wise as I'm just too damn fussy about how good they'd look for people here on the forum to use. So around mid 2009, I scored a copy of AutoCAD 2004 and since then have been teaching myself how to use it. Here's the results.

As I do new blueprints I'll post them in this first post.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

MARATHON SHIELD

This is scaled based on the blades of the normal/heroic/legendary emblems been the same size as an old Australian Army machete that I own.
MarathonShieldBlockedVer-1.gif

Here's reference pictures and a breakdown of the shield in three different layers- Marathon Shield

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

UNSCDF KNIVES

The Machete based off of mine and scaled to suit the above Marathon Shield.

UNSCDFMacheteVer.gif

Here's two non-canon knives based upon the above machete- Dagger and Combat Knife

BUCK'S BOWIE (Halo 3: ODST)

Buck's bowie knife and sheath.

BucksBowie11.gif

BucksBowie-Sheath12.gif

Here's a link to reference pictures I used- Buck's Bowie Reference Pictures

UNSCDF Combat Knife (Halo: Reach)

The UNSCDF Combat Knife (as used for assassinations) and sheath. I only textured the side view to help prevent obscuring details in the other views.

ReachUNSCCombatKnife-Tex.gif

NOTE ON SHEATH: The rivets indicated on this blueprint are purely decorative and are not designed to be functional. This is as narrow as I could get the sheath due to the width of the blade, yet it is still not as narrow as the in game model.

ReachUNSCCombatKnifeSheath12.gif

UNSCDF Combat Knife reference pictures- Reach Combat Knife

Emile's Kukri (Halo:Reach)

This was updated- 30/10/10. The end of the pommel is the only difference from my original version. Now that the game is out I've been able to get more accurate screen shots.

EmilesKukri11.gif

And the long awaited sheath, sorry it took so long to do. This version is based on screenshots of the blade sheathed- which indicate that it slides in from the bottom. This is contrary to what is seen in cut scenes where Emile hooks it in at the top and pivots the kukri into the sheath sideways. I believe the design to be a bottom feed (please see my updated reference pics) but the cut scenes show the side feed for simplified animation.

EmilesKukri-Sheath.gif

Reference pictures and a reference blueprint of the blade sheathed- Emile's Kukri

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

NA4 FLAMETHROWER (Halo Wars)

The flamethrower used by the Hellbringer units in Halo Wars. I've put this together over a long period of time with limited reference material. This is mainly based of off a picture of the McFarlane toy.

NA4Blocked1of7405thTitleBlock1-1.gif

Here's reference pictures of the Mcfarlane figure, concept art and each view of the blueprint individually- NA4 Reference & Blueprints

MA37 ICWS (Halo: Reach)

Updated: 30/10/10 The MA37 Individual Combat Weapon System based upon reference pictures from the beta and re-scaled to the dimensions released by Bungie. Please note that scaled to these dimensions it does become quite narrow so an alternate version that is wider to allow for things like electronics is included in my reference pictures.

MA37ICWSRev1-1Ver1.gif

Reference pictures I took from the Beta to help with builds as well as the wider alternate version and pictures of a cutout I made to indicate scale- MA37 ICWS

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

M45 Tactical Shotgun (Halo: Reach)

Black *expletives* of death don't come no bigger.

M45ModelGIF.gif

SoellKraft 8 gauge Manum Round

As used in all the Halo shotguns. Based off of the real world 8 gauge round and Bungie's dimensions on the futuristic magnum round.

Soellkraft8GaugeRound.gif

Link to reference pictures from the beta and parts blueprints to assit with builds- M45 TS

Okay a few things-

I've drawn these up for the 405th community to use in their prop builds, if you're going to take them and post them elsewhere at least have the decency to acknowledge where you got them from.

These are scaled to real life sizes based on research I, or others have done during the course of their builds.

Yes, you can change the scale for your build.

Yes I know a lot of you live in places that use the imperial measuring system, that's why I have a link to a conversion calculator in my sig.

No I will not be taking requests or suggestions. I have very little time for the builds that I want to do, I'm sorry but I don't have the many hours required to dedicate to a blueprint for yours.

And lastly- POST LINKS OR PICS OF YOUR BUILDS IN HERE FOR ME TO SEE! Heaps of you are building cool props and models from my blueprints and reference pictures and I've got no idea, I have to stumble across them on the net. I love seeing what comes from my hard work, please show me! :D

Regrads- Juliet Joe.

P.S. I'd like to thank-

Wizard of Flight whose great blueprints inspired me to do my own. My co-worker Ash for getting copies of AutoCAD and a great document converter for me so that I can post my drawings in the best quality I can. Everyone who gave me encouragement with the Bulldog and Combat Knife threads that I started. Thanks. ;)

Thanks everybody. It feels great to finally post these as I've felt slack not posting anything on the forums. But now I can show you all that I really have been working on stuff. :D

I'm working on something else right now, but it'll be a while before I'm able to post it. After that I have another two or three things in mind that I'd like to do up the blueprints for, all lesser noted firearms from the expanded Halo universe.

@ Lee- note that I changed the blade length on the combat knife from the first version that I sent you (I think I sent you an updated version though).
wink.gif

If you ever need any help figuring something out on AutoCAD, let me know. I work with it everyday. ;)

Good stuff so far.

23Magnum said:
If you ever need any help figuring something out on AutoCAD, let me know. I work with it everyday.
wink.gif

Good stuff so far.

Wow. Thanks very much Magnum, the offer is greatly appreciated. If I get really stuck I'll let you know.
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, hey! Nice job you've done on those blueprints, my friend! It's good to see others getting into the whole blueprinting aspect of prop work ;)

Looks like you're getting the hang of using AutoCAD pretty well, heh. What material(s) were you planning on using for the Marathon shield? MDF board, perhaps? Or some sort of wood? :unsure

P.S., You and I should "talk shop" again sometime about blueprints, btw. I know we (albeit briefly) discussed it through PM's before, but never really hammered out any of the details, lol.

SPARTAN II said:
Hey, hey! Nice job you've done on those blueprints, my friend! It's good to see others getting into the whole blueprinting aspect of prop work
wink.gif

Thanks Buddy!
wink.gif

Since joining the forum and doing up these blueprints I've had a look back at some of the other stuff I've built, both at home and at work, and realised that a blueprint has always been involved somewhere in my builds. I guess it's something that's stuck with me since doing tech drawing in high school (which we used to call Graphics and was all done by hand. Yes, I'm old) and it was just a matter of time before I upgraded to autocad and incorporated it into my hobbies.

Looks like you're getting the hang of using AutoCAD pretty well, heh. What material(s) were you planning on using for the Marathon shield? MDF board, perhaps? Or some sort of wood?
huh.gif

Planning on using? Mate I've already done the build!

53b3a7ac.jpg

I just want to get more of the machetes done before I start posting the build step by step.:) I used 7mm pine plyboard for Layer 1 and 3mm MDF for layers 2 & 3. Oddly enough I did the Marathon Shield build before the blueprints and it worked out so good that I thought others might like to have the plans to do it too. Wish I'd built mine with these plans, it would have turned out even better lol.

The Machete and Combat Knife blueprints were based on using 7mm plyboard for the blades, but that was just too thick for the slender look I wanted for the dagger. To be honest I think it's too thick for a real knife, or even a machete blade of these designs, but it's the size I was going to build the machetes with so I thought I'd use it as the blueprint size. If there's enough call for it I could reduce it on the blueprints without much issue.

P.S., You and I should "talk shop" again sometime about blueprints, btw. I know we (albeit briefly) discussed it through PM's before, but never really hammered out any of the details, lol.

Well I seem to recall mentioning that at one point months ago. But someone was too busy with parties and BBQ's and a beautiful Canadian woman to find a free hour or so to discuss it with me on skype. Hmmm, now let me see, who was that agian...?:p

Well I seem to recall mentioning that at one point months ago. But someone was too busy with parties and BBQ's and a beautiful Canadian woman to find a free hour or so to discuss it with me on skype. Hmmm, now let me see, who was that agian...?
tongue.gif

I agree with you.

But I would have probably done the same thing.

The shield and Blade look great. Can't wait to see it finished.

juliet76 said:
I guess it's something that's stuck with me since doing tech drawing in high school (which we used to call Graphics and was all done by hand. Yes, I'm old)

That's how I got my start in middle school. Board drawing is what it was called for me. I didn't do anything with AutoCAD until college. I still remember being the only person in my first class who didn't raise their hand when asked "Who all here has had prior experience with AutoCAD?" After I learned the basics, no one could touch me with my prior knowledge of drafting on a board. :D

Knowledge of old fashioned blueprints and how to put them together is part of a good foundation for any good draftsman. ;)

23Magnum said:
That's how I got my start in middle school. Board drawing is what it was called for me. I didn't do anything with AutoCAD until college. I still remember being the only person in my first class who didn't raise their hand when asked "Who all here has had prior experience with AutoCAD?" After I learned the basics, no one could touch me with my prior knowledge of drafting on a board. :D

Knowledge of old fashioned blueprints and how to put them together is part of a good foundation for any good draftsman. ;)

I agree. I learned drafting on the board too. When I went to collage we still did it that way. Near the end they started talking about AutoCAD and how it was going to make it so much easier. Later I learned how, but learning the old fashion way made AutoCAD a breeze to learn.

juliet76 said:
[...]

Thanks Buddy! ;)

Since joining the forum and doing up these blueprints I've had a look back at some of the other stuff I've built, both at home and at work, and realised that a blueprint has always been involved somewhere in my builds. I guess it's something that's stuck with me since doing tech drawing in high school (which we used to call Graphics and was all done by hand. Yes, I'm old) and it was just a matter of time before I upgraded to autocad and incorporated it into my hobbies.

[...]

Planning on using? Mate I've already done the build!

I just want to get more of the machetes done before I start posting the build step by step. :) [b]I used 7mm pine plyboard for Layer 1 and 3mm MDF for layers 2 & 3.[/b] Oddly enough I did the Marathon Shield build before the blueprints and it worked out so good that I thought others might like to have the plans to do it too. Wish I'd built mine with these plans, it would have turned out even better lol.

The Machete and Combat Knife blueprints were based on using 7mm plyboard for the blades, but that was just too thick for the slender look I wanted for the dagger. To be honest I think it's too thick for a real knife, or even a machete blade of these designs, but it's the size I was going to build the machetes with so I thought I'd use it as the blueprint size. If there's enough call for it I could reduce it on the blueprints without much issue.

[...]

[b]Well I seem to recall mentioning that at one point [i]months ago. [/i]But [i]someone [/i]was too busy with parties and BBQ's and a beautiful Canadian woman to find a free hour or so to discuss it with me on skype. [i]Hmmm[/i], now let me see, who was that agian...?[/b] :p

[/quote]

BOLD # 1: You're not old, my friend... just "experienced" ;) If it's any consolation, keep in mind I still employ the old hand-drawn approach for mine, so at least you're getting with the times, lol. Like you, I've always drawn up schematics for any of the scratch-built prop projects I've done over the years.

BOLD # 2 & 3: Holy schnikes! That looks awesome, buddy! Don't ask me why, but somehow I figured MDF board would factor into the build somewhere, lol. I bought some of that stuff myself for a molding master of the TNG Medkit (shoulder-strap version) I intended to put together, but haven't really done anything with it yet.

BOLD # 4: Well, yeah... but... can you really blame me? The part about the "beautiful Canadian woman" in particular :) (we'll try to plan a chat session on Skype sometime soon; the only issue is the time zone difference)

[QUOTE="LeeKegan"]

[...]

[size="7"][b]I agree with you.[/b][/size]

[b]

But I would have probably done the same thing.[/b]

The shield and Blade look great. Can't wait to see it finished.

[/quote]

Hey, c'mon now... you [i]too?[/i] And all of a sudden, everybody's busting my chops :rolleyes lol

I'm also looking forward to your step-by-step build thread, buddy :cool

LeeKegan said:
...The shield and Blade look great. Can't wait to see it finished.

Thanks Lee. The little blade on the left is that scale test I did ages ago, the machete on the right is the size my blades will be sized to and what the shield is scaled off of.

SPARTAN II said:
...(we'll try to plan a chat session on Skype sometime soon; the only issue is the time zone difference)

...I'm also looking forward to your step-by-step build thread, buddy :cool

Let me know when's good for you mate and I'll sort it from there (weekends are best).

I should be doing more in the workshop soon, I've been in hibernation for the winter (all that ventilation makes it cool down there) but it's warming up here now so I'll be back down there soon. Once I get a bit more done I'll get a thread started.
wink.gif

Those are fantastic blueprints! I appreciate how you seperated the shield ones into the 3 layers, very cool.

I will definitely have to look into using them to make myself a nice little wall display :cool

juliet76 said:
[...]

Let me know when's good for you mate and I'll sort it from there (weekends are best).

I should be doing more in the workshop soon, I've been in hibernation for the winter (all that ventilation makes it cool down there) but it's warming up here now so I'll be back down there soon. Once I get a bit more done I'll get a thread started. ;)

Ah, okay. Sounds good. Weekends would probably work best for me too, though not at the moment.

My damn fridge died on me, and so I've been staying over at the gf's place for the last week. I've been stopping by the apartment daily to use my internet (she doesn't have that over there), but aside from that have been away from my place. Once the fridge has been replaced, I'll be back here again, so we'll arrange a time then (I know there's the whole different time zone thing to deal with, lol).

Looking forward to seeing you get back to work on your projects, my friend :)

Cadet said:
Those are fantastic blueprints! I appreciate how you seperated the shield ones into the 3 layers, very cool.

I will definitely have to look into using them to make myself a nice little wall display :cool

Thanks Cadet! I wasn't sure about including that blueprint of the layers but with the amount of people here that blow plans up and use them for stencils I thought that maybe someone may use it. Please let me know how the build goes if/when you get around to it. ;)

SPARTAN II said:
Ah, okay. Sounds good. Weekends would probably work best for me too, though not at the moment.

My damn fridge died on me, and so I've been staying over at the gf's place for the last week. I've been stopping by the apartment daily to use my internet (she doesn't have that over there), but aside from that have been away from my place. Once the fridge has been replaced, I'll be back here again, so we'll arrange a time then (I know there's the whole different time zone thing to deal with, lol).

Looking forward to seeing you get back to work on your projects, my friend :)

Just had a look at your time over there and you're 14 hours behind me, which works out pretty well. Your morning is my evening and my morning is your evening, so neither of us have to get up/stay up till ridiculous hours to talk to one another. :D

Sorry to hear about the fridge mate. Rather than take this thread off topic though, I'll just go post my thoughts on the subject on your thread solely dedicated to it's discussion (now that I think about it that makes more sense :p).

juliet76 said:
[...]

Just had a look at your time over there and you're 14 hours behind me, which works out pretty well. Your morning is my evening and my morning is your evening, so neither of us have to get up/stay up till ridiculous hours to talk to one another. :D

Sorry to hear about the fridge mate. Rather than take this thread off topic though, I'll just go post my thoughts on the subject on your thread solely dedicated to it's discussion (now that I think about it that makes more sense :p).

BOLD # 1: Really? That much of a time difference? I didn't realize that. And yeah, that does work out pretty well in our favour, then. Not this weekend though, I'm afraid. Going to be over at the gf's place (which is where I'm exclusively doing all my prop work now). As if I haven't been spending enough time over there lately, lol.

BOLD # 2: Thanks, buddy. By all means, post a reply there. Helps to keep things on topic here then, lol.

SPARTAN II said:
Really? That much of a time difference? I didn't realize that...

Yep. All you guys are really that far behind Australia. lol :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back