Jun Type Helmet2 W.i.p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!

This is my seccond atempt at the jun helmet. (my first one was a complete disaster... it was the size of a tolet bowll!)

Take a look!

IMG_8328.jpg

Thanks to brothersDarkness for unfolding it and thankyou razel for modeling it. :D

Im curious about how the strenghening method 'Mudglassing' works. Ive read about it in the past but im still confused on how it works, in witch cases its used for, and what I need to use it. :unsure

If annyone can explain this I will be greatfull!

Updates probably won't be too often due to school and such.

Enjoy!

Muglassing is similar to regular glassing, but instead of fiberglass resin and fiberglass cloth, you use rondo and fiberglass cloth. Rondo is a mixture of fiberglass resin and bondo automotive body filler. Watch BenStreeper's "Making a Helmet from Pep to Finish" topic, it's VERY informative.

Good pep. That's actually the file I plan on using for my Jun build. Can't wait to see more.

There are a few different ways to strengthen with mixtures of resin and bondo. This mixture is sometimes called rondo or mud.

The first is using only rondo. Illustrated by Ben Streeper's fantastic videos

BenStreeper said:
Rondo Hardening method:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBQhDAzLzgM[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxl-VC8YzcY[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for double post but it wouldn't let me post more links...

Second is another method referred to as "mud-glassing" this utilizes a different ratio of bondo to resin and incorporates fiberglass cloth or matte

Here is a tutorial.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HuYb50tsGo&playnext_from=TL&videos=UQxg0xyJdrs[/media]

This method provides a little more structural integrity, but also adds a little more difficulty.

@neoproks. Dude, that's going to help ALOT! :lol Thankyou!

@carpathiavh99. I realy recomend this pep. Its Realy eazy and clean to pep. Just a heads up, Start with page one, cut all of the parts out and put them together, then continue the process for each page it works realy well that way!

Edit:

What do you guys think of this here color scheme?

IMG_832.jpg

woah I really like that color scheme, definately go for it.

On another note thats a good idea to test a color scheme, and you can fake insanely good drawing skills :p(though I think its obvious you have some skill there)

Hey guys!! I've been thinking, And Im going to take on the challange of a Full reach suit... I have the files but im fairly lost When it comes to scaleing for the body... Im useing the files Here... If you could help me out that would be AWSOME!!

Thankyou!

HARR18

P.s. UPDATES LATER TODAY!!

HARR 18 said:
@neoproks. Dude, that's going to help ALOT! :lol Thankyou!

@carpathiavh99. I realy recomend this pep. Its Realy eazy and clean to pep. Just a heads up, Start with page one, cut all of the parts out and put them together, then continue the process for each page it works realy well that way!

Edit:

What do you guys think of this here color scheme?

IMG_832.jpg

WOW! That looks awesome! Im love the color scheme^^ Great job! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE TIME YALL!

This is all I have so far because the weather in the middle of nowhere only got to 50 degrees a few times this last week...

IMG_8755.jpg

So far, the Body filler+Fiberglass Resin+Fiberglass cloth= REALY SRTRONG STUFF, method is working Amazingly well :lol ...

Hopefully durring this weekend ill get more Bondo and Resin so I can finish the inside of the helmet...

Enjoy!

HARR18

very nice pep job. :D im glad my files are being used. hope to see more on your jun build. great work so far. like the color scheme. :cool

Hey lookin good. What file did you use? I want it, but I need the visor slit to be open, not pepped over lol (There are several Jun helmets)

looking good so far. hope to see it finished. i too an interested in the helmet file. i want to try this halmet at some point. keep up the good work my man.

UPDATE

I got more bondo and reson... but due to the last week of school things are full of... well... school...

Well sence the only recording device I have is a samsung video camera... a video will have to do...

More progress will be done when school is over... so look forward for that! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back