Just a thought on how to make an easier to get out of Halo chest piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysticporo

Just had a thought about how to make an easier to get out of cosplay Halo chest piece, so from my understanding people build cosplay to the standard of close to realism surely this leads to the issue of well how do you get out of the dang thing once it’s on.
what if instead of trying to squeeze out or use a clip system you just took the two pieces that go underneath and around your arms and attached some strong Velcro to the front and back sections of those pieces then connected them by simply pressing them into place.
In theory you should be able to put the chest piece resting on your shoulders in place then attach the two sections on underneath after and your good to go, then after you’re done cosplaying or want to take a break you can carefully take the two pieces off then simply lift the chest piece off and you’re set to rest/chill or go walking round the con centre.
Unfortunately, this would exclude heavy metal builds due to weight.

1608437844553.png
1608437853892.png

Attachments

• 1608437815894.png
    1608437815894.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 131
this is what i am thinking of doing for my build. I also have shoulder gaskets that close the gap on the sides that will give it more structure(mine is 3d printed)

That's a good idea to get in and out of cosplays, especially to help with certain... emergencys. I think replacing the velcro with magnets would work better however - they align better, are stronger and if you build them into your armour there's no small gap between pieces.

I did this in the past with velcro for one of my older suits. It works alright, but it's hard to try and put it together or take it apart yourself as you only have use of one hand on each side. It also tries to come apart time to time just from general movement throughout the day.

I did this in the past with velcro for one of my older suits. It works alright, but it's hard to try and put it together or take it apart yourself as you only have use of one hand on each side. It also tries to come apart time to time just from general movement throughout the day.
That's a good idea to get in and out of cosplays, especially to help with certain... emergencys. I think replacing the velcro with magnets would work better however - they align better, are stronger and if you build them into your armour there's no small gap between pieces.
Hmm interesting… what about the incorporation of a hidden hinge system for the back sections, then you could use strong magnets on the front sections to keep the pieces in place as a compromise to both problems you’ve said above.
It would most likely be the last thing you’d take off so you shouldn’t be to constricted movement wise, would that work better than the Velcro system above? The only problem I see with hinge’s is that it might be tricky to hide, I don’t see the magnets being much of an issue since you could use a strong kind enough to where they won’t budge or move accidentally when magnetised but weak enough so when needed you can release both pieces with a decent amount of force, you’d have tinker with magnet strength to find the right kind to suit yourself though.
Hiding the magnets shouldn’t be much of an issue if you embedded them into the armour itself, once attached you shouldn’t be able to see them since the armour would be covering the magnets if you correctly aligned them.

This might not work for some armors where the head hole is too small. On my halo 3 chest piece, my head doesn't fit through the head hole, so seperating into 2 parts is necessary. While it's possible to enlarge on the base chest piece, that won't really work with some attachments (hayabusy). With strong enough connections it should still work for others where your head fits through (halo 5).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back