JUSTINIAN 117's MARK V BUILD

Status
Not open for further replies.
*SIGH* Much jealousness. I'm about halfway done with my mk V... and that's a very generous "halfway". I love your build though. It's cool to see it being built by non-conventional methods (by this site's standard). Love the quality too. Looks like armor fresh off the assembly line from the depths of the Damascus Materials Testing Facility on Chi Ceti 4. Can't wait to see it done!

Been a while since I last visited you're build you come along ways since then. Needless to say you're still doing a epic job. It's near perfect finish and the materials being used make it stand out, and in some cases far above others of the same type build. Thank you for taking the time to share it with us.
I'm glad you like it. Scratch building is a rarer method on this site, and it does set it apart from the rest.

My thought was "if I am going to spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars, why make it look old an used. Make it look brand new." Though the weathered look does make it realistic, the quality of the new finish just looked better in my opinion.

I hope to have the shins completed by the end of this week, so stay tuned.

Justin Would you have any tips for a group of people new to this they would be helpful because i started a little business called the Misriah Armory
the website is http://www.misriaharmory.webs.com please any help would be greatly apprecitated considering my crew and I are utterly new to this art we know about bondo ,scaling,resin but is there anything were missing?

Justin Would you have any tips for a group of people new to this they would be helpful because i started a little business called the Misriah Armory
the website is http://www.misriaharmory.webs.com please any help would be greatly apprecitated considering my crew and I are utterly new to this art we know about bondo ,scaling,resin but is there anything were missing?
Good luck with your business.

As long as you take your time, and try to get the fine details right, you guys should do fine. It takes practice to get good. Try as many different methods to make things, and you guys should do great.

Update time.

I used a heat gun to bend the sintra to fit on top of the shins. Here it is in place:
100_1326.jpg

After some bondo and a lot of sanding, here is the almost complete shins:
100_1327.jpg

I should be able to have it in primer and painted by the middle of next week.

Thanks for looking.

Again, I love some of the methods you think of to tackle your armor. Very outside of the box. The shins are looking awesome. Can't wait to see them painted! Keep up the great work!

HOT BUTTERED LUGNUTS!!! Do Want!!! I'm still amazed every time I see the way you make stuff!

Hey would anyone know where to get visors kinda cheap? We as in me and my crew need one really bad we need it for our MK.V build they want me to wear it to Halo Anniversary's midnight release party at gamestop and advertise for my company any suggestions would be greatly apprecitated.

Dude this build is so awesome, your armor is fantastic! I've been waiting for an update, that's how awesome this build is.

Hey would anyone know where to get visors kinda cheap? We as in me and my crew need one really bad we need it for our MK.V build they want me to wear it to Halo Anniversary's midnight release party at gamestop and advertise for my company any suggestions would be greatly apprecitated.

You sir, amaze me. I can't believe how smooth and refined that bondo sanding job is. It looks like pure porcelain! LOVE. IT. And may I add, what creative new ways to build armor. Thank you so much for sharing your epic trip with us!

P.S.
Congradulations on the little one! Aren't babies a joy trip!?!? Just wait until he hits 2, or starts biting you for getting overexcited >.> He's perfectly adorable.

sweeeeeeeet!!!!! getting so close!!! I really can't wait to see this suit finished!!! like everyone said already, the methods of building in this thread are amazing,inspiring, and outside the norm. Thanks Justinian!!!
And.....

Seriously??? use the search button.... theres only like 2,341,234 threads that ask that exact same question, and have been answered approximately 2,341,233 times....

Thanks for liking it guys, I really appreciate it.

I got some more detail sanding done, and I hope to have it in the final primer on Monday.

Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of the final primer (big bummer, because that is my favorite part).

Anyways I have pictures of the black detail being painted here:
100_1328.jpg

100_1329.jpg

100_1330.jpg

100_1331.jpg

I'll let it dry overnight, and then I can paint it green, and it will finally be done. Ironically it will be finished exactly 1 year after I started this thread.

Hope you enjoy it.

At long last the shins are now complete.

100_1332.jpg

100_1333.jpg

100_1334.jpg

Here is the leather detail that I cut out for the back part:
100_1335.jpg

100_1336.jpg

My armor is now officially complete. I will get it strapped and pictures tomorrow.

OK read the whole thing. WOW. First of all congrats on your kid, I hope your sleeping through the night by now.
Secondly now that your done this needs to go into the elite section based only on your epic bondo skills. You must wet sand for hours for those results. Also must be painted with a HVLP gun? Can't wait to see the whole suit.

Really amazing job on the paint man. You should do some more armor.
I do plan on making many more suits and props.

OK read the whole thing. WOW. First of all congrats on your kid, I hope your sleeping through the night by now.
Secondly now that your done this needs to go into the elite section based only on your epic bondo skills. You must wet sand for hours for those results. Also must be painted with a HVLP gun? Can't wait to see the whole suit.
Glad to here that you like the build. I don't actually wet sand, but I do sand for hours and hours, with very fine grit sand paper and sanding blocks. I do use an HVLP spray gun. It is a cheap one, and I will have to upgrade very soon, but it worked this time.

Here is the suit all strapped and put together on the floor:

100_1337.jpg

100_1338.jpg

100_1339.jpg

I just finished all of the straps, but didn't have anyone around to take pictures of me in it, so that will have to wait until later this weekend.

I hope you enjoy it.

dude........ Dude......

...its... BEAUTIFUL....... *happy tears*

Stoked to see you suited up in it!!!! congrats on hard work paid off!!!!!

That. Is. EPIC!!! Congrats JUSTINIAN 117!!! I think, no wait... I KNOW this deserves to be in the Elite section. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back