Kanohi Hau

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahu505

Member DIN
S505
I made a life sized Kanohi Hau, the mask of shielding, from Bionicle. I made it a couple months ago for my university's 3D printing club pop culture themed competition. Just wanted to share some pics of it, hope you guys enjoy!
20191206_161149.jpg

20191206_161109.jpg

Here are some of the progress pics too
20191201_154012.jpg

20191201_174137.jpg

20191203_201047.jpg

20191204_192926.jpg

Its okay! We just gotta go and take some open land somewhere random and do it. I mean with all the quarantines going on it would be an easy land grab

In all seriousness, did you model this yourself? Fantastic work as well. I'd love to see Pohatu's mask, Kakama, the Mask of Speed

Well now that you mention it, there's already a lot of open land here in Nevada haha

Anyways, I didn't model it myself, I found the model on thingiverse. I would have loved to model it but for the competition we only had about a month to work on our projects and so far my only 3D modeling experience is in Solidworks, so I don't think I would have had time to finish it on top of school work. Plus that months competition was more focused on finishing 3D prints instead of the modeling and engineering aspects that the other competitions usually focus on.

Also Pohatu is my 2nd favorite toa right behind Tahu, so if I ever do end up making more then the Kakama was next on the list along with the Pakari, Onua's mask of strength.

Here's the thingiverse link: Full Size Kanohi Hau (Toa Tahu Bionicle Mask) by Chase_H

Well now that you mention it, there's already a lot of open land here in Nevada haha

Anyways, I didn't model it myself, I found the model on thingiverse. I would have loved to model it but for the competition we only had about a month to work on our projects and so far my only 3D modeling experience is in Solidworks, so I don't think I would have had time to finish it on top of school work. Plus that months competition was more focused on finishing 3D prints instead of the modeling and engineering aspects that the other competitions usually focus on.

Also Pohatu is my 2nd favorite toa right behind Tahu, so if I ever do end up making more then the Kakama was next on the list along with the Pakari, Onua's mask of strength.

Here's the thingiverse link: Full Size Kanohi Hau (Toa Tahu Bionicle Mask) by Chase_H
I WAS LITERALLY GOING TO SAY, The Pakari is one of the most iconic as well and would make a great one to make. Here you are reading my mind!
Hell lets just make our own version of a Bionicle Land. Nui-Jaga, tarakova, Make all the Rahi into rides. LOL Well done sir, nonetheless. Your finish gloss looks stellar.

I WAS LITERALLY GOING TO SAY, The Pakari is one of the most iconic as well and would make a great one to make. Here you are reading my mind!
Hell lets just make our own version of a Bionicle Land. Nui-Jaga, tarakova, Make all the Rahi into rides. LOL Well done sir, nonetheless. Your finish gloss looks stellar.
HAHA I'm all on board with a Bionicle Land! There will also need to be a Kolhii field. Also thank you for commenting on the gloss! I normally go for metalic finishes and this was my first time trying a gloss finish. The goal was to make it look almost like a giant Lego injection mold lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back