Kat Helmet -among other things- WIP (Annanymous)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screws and puddy wouldn't be too bad either. I came across this repair putty recently and find it to be AMAZING! I put some rare earth magnets in my chest piece using it. It cured in 45 minutes, is rock hard, and can be sanded.
If you were closer, I would come help you with putting the visor in but you aren't
Hmm, it seems like there are a lot of different methods for doing it. Maybe I'll do a combination of puddy/hot glue/ spacemeat's idea of garage door insulator foam. And if only there were more local costumers!
When I filled the gap between my visor and helmet, I bought some garage door insulation foam, cut it to size and glued in between the visor and helmet. It gives it the appearance of a rubber seal

oo I like the idea of using garage door insulator foam, and thats definitely something I could buy locally, thankyou.

Hey all.
I had to present my kat and mark 6 helmet to some art teachers at school today for a final project sort of deal, so I had to get my visor in really quickly and ended up using Macattack64's idea of hot gluing the visor in. I used this method for both this helmet and my mark 6 helmet and it worked out great, especially considering the time constraints. I did a really messy job gluing around the edge though because the visor wasn't fitting too well, but I plan on cleaning that up later now that the due date for the project is done.

Screenshot2012-05-17at42934PM.png

Screenshot2012-05-17at42945PM.png

Hey all.
I had to present my kat and mark 6 helmet to some art teachers at school today for a final project sort of deal, so I had to get my visor in really quickly and ended up using Macattack64's idea of hot gluing the visor in. I used this method for both this helmet and my mark 6 helmet and it worked out great, especially considering the time constraints. I did a really messy job gluing around the edge though because the visor wasn't fitting too well, but I plan on cleaning that up later now that the due date for the project is done.
I also glued my ODST visor to my ODST lid with hot glue. It worked suprisingly well!

WOW same here how did i miss this?!?!? this is freakin amazing =D the helmet looks awesome with the gold visor!!! great job

Looking good
>.>
<.<
>.>

/]

brohoof?

brohoof.

[\
I also glued my ODST visor to my ODST lid with hot glue. It worked suprisingly well!
Yes it does! I'm glad that mac told me about it.
Looks nice!
Thankyou! I was considering using the blue visor that I used on my mark 6 but I wanted to switch it up. I might end up reversing them though because they can be removed since the hot glue holding them in isn't permanent.
Looks great! now is the time to make some progress myself, thanks for the motivation :D
haha thankyou and no problem.
Ooo yours is really nice, its much cleaner than mine thats for sure xD Can't wait to see it painted.
Excellent job on the helmet, you really got that thing together in no time at all
thankya. I might still end up using your idea of sealing the edge of the visor with garage door foam sealer
Helmet looks great :)
Thanks
So now that your helmet is basically done.. We all expect a full suited photo ^_^
true! Hopefully I can find someone to take pics sometime this weekend

Looks good Annanymous- I see you like working on this suit more than the mark 5 here lately =D

*I know this isn't your mark 5 thread but..... What blue visor did you buy for you mark 5 visor? ...is the visor blue?

Kat suit looks awesome! ( I hope you used black foam...I used Kids pink/yellow/purple/blue/red foam and the paint rubs off all the time!!) SO ANNOYING!!!

Suit looks great!!- Send pepakura files if you want =D I May start on a new project soon... but can't find KAT suit files...

I think you're a better looking Kat than the game one. The armor looks fantastic too. I'm digging the helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back