Kat Helmet -among other things- WIP (Annanymous)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,
So I kind of want to make this look like the live action Kat suit, so instead of the robo arm I tried recreating the right bicep to match the left bicep. It turned out okay; its not perfect but they look pretty similar- Although there are some minor details I have to add still.

Front:
Photoon2012-04-27at21063.jpg

Side:
Photoon2012-04-27at21064.jpg

Next to the original left bicep:
Photoon2012-04-27at2107.jpg

(the new one is on the right)
_________
I don't know where in Vermont you live, but if you are in the North west area Montreal isn't super far away (just ordinary far away ;) ). Our Comic-con is September 14-16 this year. I don't know if you are up for crossing the border, but if you are then William Shatner and Will Weaton are going this year. Among others off course.

Getting back to your armour though, looks like a great fit! HaloGoddess did a superb job, make sure you give that suit a good home! I'm looking forward to seeing the helmet.

I am about 1 and a 1/2 hours from montreal! I would love to go to your guy's comic con but unfortunately by September I am goingto be in my first year of college way out in Ohio! :( Thats why I really want to find a convention for this summer before I head off to school :D

Thankyou for giving the idea that maybe I can look for some conventions in canada though

nice build coming along. one thing i liked about kat's suit is the color sceme i think blue for spartan is nice.
the color for mine will be a bit darker but ill be having the blue faceplate on my JFO varaint helm. will probly be fiberglassing that soon just waiting for my 5g bonus next week to come in.
pretty sure ill be spending a good few hundred for materials and paint for my suit, just need time to work on it and times costlyyyyyyyyyyy

speaking of im at work..lol haaa
boom

halo3trailer_4-1.gif

You did a darn good job at making yours match the one I built. Just need to add some screws to it like I did and they should match up real good. :p

my jaw dropped and stayed dropped just comparing yours to HaloGoddess's the detail is amazing

You did a darn good job at making yours match the one I built. Just need to add some screws to it like I did and they should match up real good. :p

Thanks! Its definitely not as detailed (I didn't bother with the details underneath the non-foam part that you built) But I will make sure to grab some of those screws today and put them in, thanks for reminding me!

I am about 1 and a 1/2 hours from montreal! I would love to go to your guy's comic con but unfortunately by September I am goingto be in my first year of college way out in Ohio! :( Thats why I really want to find a convention for this summer before I head off to school

What college are you going to here in ohio? I live in northeast ohio, so if youre coming anywhere near here, i could probably point out a few good cons and such. Theres actually a pretty big one coming up in sandusky in mid june, so if youre here by then, itd probably be a good first stop.

That bicep looks really good! Even the paint matches really well. And the proportions of the whole suit look like they worked out great!

Hey guys so I know that some of you were requesting a pic of halogoddess's suit on me to see how it fit, and after modifying a couple more of the pieces and remaking the right (robo) forearm and shoulder / changing the strapping and thighs I finally made it fit correctly!

So yeah, here are two pics, sorry about the bad quality!! I'll get some better ones later

PS. I should be resining and bondo/rondoing the helmet by sunday, as long as it gets at least a little bit warm out!

Screenshot2012-04-23at52504PM.png

Screenshot2012-04-23at52417PM.png

This looks amazing! I'm kinda jealous, you're such a good looking Kat!

Can we please get some hires-pics? I wanna see this awesomeness in every detail! :D

With the biceps...i can't tell the difference. But that's what you were going for anyways. =D Nicely done!

thanks everyone for the compliments on the shoulder.
I don't have any pictures for this update, but I just wanted to say that today I resin'd and rondo'd my kat (air assault) helmet and also that I have to have it detailed and painted (with a visor installed) by next tuesday!--- Its for an art project at school and that is the due date >_<

Anyway, I should be plenty busy this week with the sanding and bondoing, lets hope that the details on this helmet turn out better than my last one!

This looks amazing! I'm kinda jealous, you're such a good looking Kat!

Can we please get some hires-pics? I wanna see this awesomeness in every detail! :D

haha thankyou! I do need to get some better pics up, and I definitely will, but probably not until my helmet is done.
Also fellow brony? Rainbow dash is best pony ! <3

haha thankyou! I do need to get some better pics up, and I definitely will, but probably not until my helmet is done. <3

Can't wait for the pics! :p So, well, i guess we have to wait some time for an update.
Good luck with your helmet.

Also fellow brony? Rainbow dash is best pony ! <3

To be honest, i haven't seen a single episode yet, but i definitely will! And I'm sure I'll like it.
Nevertheless Rainbow Dash is a cool "guy" :D

Rainbow dash is best pony ! <3

Please... everyone knows Luna is best pony! XD
I love the detailing on your armour, and seeing your foot pieces reminded me I still need some shoes to fit inside my pieces. Perhaps I can find a use for the worn out pair I was about to throw out after all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back