Kirrou's Reach Foam Spartan Semi-Scratch Build [Pic Heavy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work, Kirrou! Seeing successful foam builds just stirs my desire to start one of my own (maybe this winter). Everything looks so clean and crisp, keep it up!

Wow it looks awesome!! I love the back and spine details. Everything is done super clean, I am jealous!

Hahaha thanks you. I am really trying to make it as clean as possible. I am glad it is showing.

Looking really nice man. Good to see another nice clean build out there :)

Keep up the good work,
Tom.

Thanks a lot. That is quite a complement coming from one of the best foam builders on the 405th. You work has been very inspiring.

This is looking quite awesome :D

I always love looking at foam builds and seeing how everyone takes a little different approach to their pieces. Excited to see more!

Yeah it really is interesting to see everyone's unique ideas and techniques.

Wow that is really impressive your foam work is amazing. I am so glad there are more of us in AZ.

Yeah thanks. And Ditto.

Great work, Kirrou! Seeing successful foam builds just stirs my desire to start one of my own (maybe this winter). Everything looks so clean and crisp, keep it up!

Do it man. It's very satisfying to build with foam.
Latest and greatest is just awesome. Loving the details you're working into this build.

Thank you thorn. You work has also been quite inspiring. I am going for the game accurate look. And though it won't be perfect, I'll try to be as close as my abilities will allow.

Small Update:

I have been busy with work and life. But I have managed to start working on the stomach plate. Once I have something worth showing, I'll post it up. Hopefully it will be up in the next few day. Thanks again for all the positivity guys. Till next time. Keep it sexy everyone. Hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello spartans I am back. After a two year hiatus I am ready to finish my build. Finished making the stomach plate and now I am working on the abs soft armor. Still trying to figure out how it will all fit together and how I'll make it easy to put on and take off.

WIN_20150125_140417.JPG

WIN_20150125_140441.JPG

Sorry about the bad image quality I didn't have my camera handy. I'll upload better pictures later. I am going to continue working on the torso and the maybe move to the cod plate.

Update:

Here is the image of the soft armor abs pattern I made. I did this by wrapping masking tape on my dummy and drawing out the pattern. I then place the masking tape on cardstock to make it sturdy and easier to trace.

abs_softarmor_pattern.jpg

Here is what the soft armor abs look like. They are a bit bulkier than I would like so i might have to go back and remake them out of thinner foam. But for now they work fine.

abs_softarmor.jpg

This is a better close up of the stomach plate I made. The pattern was one I modeled myself.

Stomach_plate.jpg

This is the pep file I created to make the stomach plate. I might share it if people are interested.

stomach_plate_pep.jpg

And finally all of the pieces put together so far.

stomach_and_abs.jpg

stomach_and_abs_closeup.jpg

So now I am making my way down the body. Currently, I am modeling a more game accurate cod piece. It is specifically design to be used for foam. I am using game models as reference which makes things much easier.

cod_piece_3d_model.jpg

Having a 3d game model to rotate and zoom in an all the details is really great.

3d_reference.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good as always to see people return. Stick around a little longer this time? It'd be a crime to withhold your kind of building and modeling ability ;)

Welcome back man. I too have come back after a long vacation. Look forward to seeing this move along again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back