Kitsune's Nerf Smg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabenbetz

this is the project that has domintated my time over the last two days. im trying to make an smg with a nerf gun encassed inside so i can have an smg that shoots darts.

anyway, heres progress (sorry some of the pics are a bit blurry, but i took them quickly at 11 oclock last night).

first up, i chose the wipeout nerf gun because of its compatible shape. this pic shows it in comparrison with a styrofoam body which i intended to use. however, due to complications, i opted to go for the pep method.

PICT2280.jpg

PICT2293.jpg

i didnt remember to take a photo of this, but in the last one, you can see the gun to the right. some peices on the dart gun need to be removed with a hacksaw. like the triger guard, the purple front handle and the sight at the top.

next, i built most of lionheart912's pepakura smg, leaving the top open. a hole was cut for the trigger, then the nerf gun was glued in place.

PICT2294.jpg

PICT2299.jpg

PICT2297.jpg

a section of the top also has to be removed so the cocking handle can be opperated.

im now up to the cardboard deatails.

PICT2301.jpg

PICT2303.jpg

once i finish this, ill get back on track with the odst and the sniper projects.

all comments, criticism and questions welcome.

well, that looks pretty fancy, not going to lie. I think they way the cocking handle pops out the top looks a little wierd, but that can't really be helped. Nice Job! You did better then what I would have done.

like nerf guns so i think this is a very cool project, but i am wondering what someone could do for a silenced Smg

I had the same idea, but I haven't started looking into it since I just started my own armor lol

Looks great so far and I'd love to see how it turns out!

thanks for the comments (SchitzophrenicMC's made me laugh).

@ monkeyfist: im planning to make a cover for the cocking handle so it fits in better. im gonna go work on that now.

also, does anyone have any ideas on how to attatch the clip so it can still be detatched?

WOW dude! that looks really great! The nerf gun fits excellently into it! and those cardboard details look sweet!...Might i ask how you went about doing them?

ok, first things first: progress report. this is from the last 4 hours.

the whole thing now with the stock firmly attatched.

PICT2317.jpg

now, for monkey fist, some close ups of the cocking handle cover. firstly, when closed.

PICT2318.jpg

now open...

PICT2320.jpg

now questions.

Lmnospartan: the cardboard deatailing was done buy studying the reference pictures for the smg, then (based on my smg's mesurements) estimated roughly how all the deatails would be made. once that was done, i planned them out on the cardboard and cut them out with my pocket knife (but an exacto knife would work too) and dry fitted them to the body. if i was happy with the result, on they went. if not, i tried again. certain peices like the sights and the soon to be barrel are made out of the orriginal pep file.

Stevieboy7: i wont be using bondo on this smg for two main reasons.

#1 ive never used bondo before and to be totally honest, i dont even know if you can buy it in australia.

#2 i feel that i could get a sharper edge with cardboard, rather than a rounded of smooth edge, and i prefer sharper edges on weapon props.

just a quick update. not much has hapened thanks to school work. im going to do the first coat of resin tomorrow, provided i can get some masking tape to covet the areas that cant be resined.

ok, its been a while thanks to school, but im slowly making progress. got some pics of the smg with 2 coats of resin.

PICT2331.jpg

PICT2332.jpg

probably going to do 1 more plus even it out in some spots, then its on to the painting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back