Knife making continues.

Just finished this one today. An elegant hunter-style blade. High carbon steel blade, stabilised myrtle handle with recycled-ammunition, brass guard.

kyV1tl6.jpg

It's great to have a passion for creating stuff then get a job doing that very thing!

My boss took this very arty photo of me last week, smashing out a Damascus steel billet.

rCHnIbl.jpg

Whilst in my free time, I get to smash out some of my own then make a nice big twist-pattern Damascus Bowie out of it. I love this knife already and might not want to let it go...
I gave it a quick acid etch before heat treating for a sneak-preview of the pattern. Lower count and much bolder than I've done before. I like it!

Baz.

x2BKHLt.jpg

YXc5a70.jpg

This is such awesome work to follow, period. The Damascus Bowie and the Japanese style look amazing! I LOVE the hammered finish on the Japanese blades

-Matt

^^^ Thanks Matt. :D

Working on something a little different now. Deer antler and Damascus steel. Both are rejects/offcuts from work that I toyed with until I could get something useable out of them.

CgXJYq4.jpg

Damascus blade and guard hardened, tempered and etched. I have a couple more arty things I want to do to it all before I fit up and glue.

05vk8G6.jpg

Nearly there. Fit up done with a pre-glue. and all ground together. All the parts are taped and waxed before gluing, so I can pull it all apart and do the finishing touches on the steel before re-etching and re-gluing. Hopefully then it will all line up again.

ajYNWr3.jpg

This little beauty has been a fiddly one, a learning curve and an enjoyable challenge. Deer antler and Damascus steel. I've a couple of little spots to tidy up before releasing it, but it's pretty much done. A lovely addition to any collection and a sharp, handy little blade. I wonder now what to call my little invention?

Fig6O5V.jpg

bhatY17.jpg

TmUMaHl.jpg

I love your handles, they are so pretty.have you ever decided to make a clasic bowie?
Or a rubic twist handle?

I'm in the middle of making a Damascus Bowie. It's a fun job, which means the paying knives have taken priority. Whilst I try to make knives beautiful, I like to focus on keeping them practical when I can. Really elaborate designs like the one above are interesting, but currently not my thing.

Latest. High carbon steel, hairy oak handle scales.

Edit: Just realised after I put the photo up, that I have to put an edge choil in it. Rest assured I will take a diamond file to it and put one in before it goes to it's new owner.

jF82FMr.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back