Knives, lasers, armor, and various projects from over the years

Status
Not open for further replies.
That second spider actually looks awesome... but, that's just me. I like spiders! In the way I would like a dragon that was trying to eat me. They're dangerous, but still cool.

Keep with the pics man, looking great :3

Intresting choice of steel for the blades. Have you tried (for a blade) forge welding with a stack of 1080 carbon steel plates and then traditional hardening?

Sweet looking stuff man, I would also love a shop like that, tools in it or not!

What kind of freaky spiders are those and what part of the US are you in? I just want to know so I can stay the hell away! I'm in Australia at the moment and they got some bad ones here too (Look up huntsman spiders, they aren't deadly or anything but they're EVERYWHERE!) but they usually stick to themselves.

I can't wait to see more, but no more spiders please!

Intresting choice of steel for the blades. Have you tried (for a blade) forge welding with a stack of 1080 carbon steel plates and then traditional hardening?

I've done very little as far as forge welding, metallurgical speaking unless you use two significantly different types of alloy there's not any point in forge welding, basically a ton of work, and a ton of opportunities to mess something up and waste all the time you put in it. I like the spring steel, its resilient, and you can get a real nice protective oxide finish to form on it so its extremely rust resistant, also with sword size pieces you can bend it and it will spring back to shape. I've done others in 1045 & 1060, W2, O1 with traditional hardening. Even traditional hardening with some of the spring steel pieces.

I have to say this stuff looks amazing. Have you considered making a spartan laser with one of your lasers in it? Post some more of your projects.

Wow, you have a lot of cool stuff there. I have to say, I favor your "Laser Swords" over everything so far. Have you used them in any fan films yet or is that still a WIP?

Wow, you have a lot of cool stuff there. I have to say, I favor your "Laser Swords" over everything so far. Have you used them in any fan films yet or is that still a WIP?

Those were used in fan films way back before any of these fancy new video animation programs existed, everything was rotoscoped by hand frame by frame using adobe premiere and photoshop. I dont even know if I have copies of them anymore.

34.jpg

Threw some paint on the elven dagger rebuild, now it kind of looks like some semi-digital camo snake.

Those were used in fan films way back before any of these fancy new video animation programs existed, everything was rotoscoped by hand frame by frame using adobe premiere and photoshop. I dont even know if I have copies of them anymore.

That would be interesting to see if you could find them. If you remember the program LSmaker, that's what I used for a while, so I know how painful it is. It's a lot easier these days though with all the awesome programs that are available.

That's an interesting paint scheme on that knife. What inspired it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back