Kony 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has the time or opportunity to watch this, I seriously encourage it.

This may be one of the most important opportunities we have. Share with your friends and family. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not home so im on my iphone and can't see the video. Can someone explain what it is about?

I shared the video as well. The world should not care who was seen with who, or who was seen wearing what at some award show. We should care about stuff like this and we should try to stop it. Just my two cents.

Can you imagine if this was spread at San Diego ComiCon? Hundred thousand more people right there.

I'm excited to have shared this with the community.
I was thinking about doing a little fundraiser; make a great helmet, sell it and donate all proceeds towards the project. Would anyone be interested in helping?

Just in advance, I do NOT support Joseph Kony or what he did/does. He is a monster of a man and is a terrible human being. The problem I have is with the Invisible Children group.

I have known about the Invisible Children group for awhile, but it seems that they have gained a lot of support the past couple of days from the video. I have no problem with that at all, stopping a Ugandan warlord for kidnapping kids, all for taking him down. It just seems that the Invisible Children charity isn't giving a lot of that money to the cause. There tax forms have been floating around, and it seems as though only roughly a third of the donations actually go directly to the cause. The rest was spent on travel, film producation and paying the 2 co-founders, and the CEO (Theres actually a few photos floating around that are not very good for publicity). There are also roperts of them supporting the Ugandan army, which haven't really been that good either.

Like I said, I support what they're doing. Its an autrocity and should be stopped. I would just like to make a suggestion and maybe instead of donating to Invisible Children, make a donation to a simialr charity that will dontate a larger portion to the cause ( There is a link in the first article).

Sources:
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2012/03/problem-stop-kony/49634/ (An analysis of Invisible Children and where the money is spent)
http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2012/03/07/stop-kony-yes-but-dont-stop-asking-questions/ ( Article about Joesph Kony and the Ugandan government)

Just in advance, I do NOT support Joseph Kony or what he did/does. He is a monster of a man and is a terrible human being. The problem I have is with the Invisible Children group.

I have known about the Invisible Children group for awhile, but it seems that they have gained a lot of support the past couple of days from the video. I have no problem with that at all, stopping a Ugandan warlord for kidnapping kids, all for taking him down. It just seems that the Invisible Children charity isn't giving a lot of that money to the cause. There tax forms have been floating around, and it seems as though only roughly a third of the donations actually go directly to the cause. The rest was spent on travel, film producation and paying the 2 co-founders, and the CEO (Theres actually a few photos floating around that are not very good for publicity). There are also roperts of them supporting the Ugandan army, which haven't really been that good either.

Like I said, I support what they're doing. Its an autrocity and should be stopped. I would just like to make a suggestion and maybe instead of donating to Invisible Children, make a donation to a simialr charity that will dontate a larger portion to the cause ( There is a link in the first article).

Sources:
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2012/03/problem-stop-kony/49634/ (An analysis of Invisible Children and where the money is spent)
http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2012/03/07/stop-kony-yes-but-dont-stop-asking-questions/ ( Article about Joesph Kony and the Ugandan government)

I'm sorry, but I have to agree to this. As much as I'd love to "help" capture some sick, twisted, man somewhere on the other side of the world, I just don't feel like donating money or anything like that to this group. Is there ANY other group at all that I could donate too?

It just seems a bit off for me. Don't get me wrong, I feel horrible when I see children exploited like that. Makes me sick, but in the past, some of these so-called "advocacy groups" didn't use the donations to what they said it was used for.

I'm just wondering if there's any other way to donate or help out.

The whole point of the video was to raise awareness. And it did just that. It went viral with millions of views. Heck, I found that it was on the front page in a sub article in the Arizona Republic newspaper this morning. Now that the hype is there the problem they really face isn't donations or doubt about their financial motives, it's how they're going to keep the awareness active for the rest 2012 like they aim to.

I would hate to be there when the bubble bursts. it is hard to believe people in this time and age and I mean this for both sides of the story. I understand that thinking this way doesn't help the situation, but either way that coward needs to brought down and fast. cowards like him can't do anything without a gun or a group cronies to back him up.

Nevermind guys, I read this and found it disappointing yet rather funny

Joseph Kony 2012: filmmaker Jason Russell arrested on suspicion of masturbating in public

The video went viral because it plays on the emotion of human beings and how guliible we are. The social networks and YouTube helps this cause for good or bad. Regardless, be wary of what you see on TV. With the power of good software and good editing skills, you can make Saddam Hussein a savior more than a devil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back