Kumoricon 2012 (September 1-3, Vancouver, WA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saber

Member DIN
S028
I’m creating this thread for the dual purpose of costume progress and to open for other people who wish to post about Kumoricon 2012 to do so.

I’ve never gone to K-Con before but I have big plans for this three day event!
I may even try to enter the cosplay contest!
I plan on making three costumes.
1. Agent Texas (which I have been working on for a while)
2. Celty Sturluson from Durarara! (An anime)
3. A Claymore from Claymore (Also an anime)

I have not worked on the second or third costume but I have plans and sketches for them.
I also got my entry pass in the mail today and I’m really excited!

For those interested in going, here is the official site.

Who all is going and what are you going to dress up as? :D

-Alexis

Here are some pictures of the costumes I plan on making in the near future:

Celty Sturluson
Google Pic
And a Claymore
Another Google Pic

I will start on both soon. The only thing I need to work on the Celty costume would be the helmet and scythe. So as soon as I get the money to but a motorcycle helmet + black tinted visor, I'll jump on that as soon as possible.
The Claymore costume will take more time, but I plan on making this out of foam, so it should be a fairly quick build.

I hope there are a lot of Kumoriconers out there! I'd love to meet up with lots of 405th members! :D

Stay Frosty, 405thers!
-Alexis

Looks like you've got your work cut out for you! Hope you'll be able to get your Tex finished in time, but I'm rooting for you! Also... Nice! I didn't know there were any cons in the PDX area, I might need to make it over to "the 'couve" for that, especially since PAX sold out. Thanks for the tip, and good luck with your builds!

It's good to see some 405th members in the Vancouver/ Portland area! Ill have to see what my schedule looks like for the convention but would love to go!

Looks like you've got your work cut out for you! Hope you'll be able to get your Tex finished in time, but I'm rooting for you! Also... Nice! I didn't know there were any cons in the PDX area, I might need to make it over to "the 'couve" for that, especially since PAX sold out. Thanks for the tip, and good luck with your builds!

Thanks for the encouragement! :D And it would be so cool if you went! I think they're still selling tickets. I know they sell them at the door if you don't get them by mail.

It's good to see some 405th members in the Vancouver/ Portland area! Ill have to see what my schedule looks like for the convention but would love to go!

It would be awesome if you did go! Yay North-Westerners! :D

It was you!!!! I heard rumors of a Tex around the con so I was trying to hunt you down! Well, I found you now and thats all that matters.
BTW, I found some photos of you from the con. You did a really great job on the suit. I just wish I could have found ya there.
207729_498473006848766_1711450356_n.jpg

292901_498473103515423_722621125_n.jpg

304963_498473046848762_27173221_n.jpg

Yeeeaaahhhh, you probably would've found me if I had stayed for longer than an hour! haha
I never really tested my suit before going out to the con so it started to fall apart. I had no one around with me (big oopsie) to help me when I started to fall apart so I had to drive back home. :C I'm really disappointed that I couldn't stick around for longer but I plan on coming back next year!

-Alexis

Yeeeaaahhhh, you probably would've found me if I had stayed for longer than an hour! haha
I never really tested my suit before going out to the con so it started to fall apart. I had no one around with me (big oopsie) to help me when I started to fall apart so I had to drive back home. :C I'm really disappointed that I couldn't stick around for longer but I plan on coming back next year!

-Alexis

Sorry to hear that! What happened, what started falling apart? Any plans on repairing/reinforcing the damaged pieces?

Let's just say hot glue is not the best way to keep strapping on your armor. haha
Nothing is really damaged, except maybe some unglued parts on the foam thighs, it's just the strapping that needs redone. Nothing real big to cause alarm or heartbreak.

-Alexis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back