Props LeeKegan Reach M6B

Status
Not open for further replies.
so will you be selling these awesome creations cuz I do not have the transportation to get materials to build one

I have one with the base construction built but I need more wood but can not get to the hardware store lol

Awesome! Im so pumped to start a wooden prop on my own:) So ill ask you some quick questions:D

1. What are the best tools for a beginner to use?

It matters on what you have available and if you know how to use them.
My main 3 tools are scroll saw, Table sander, and drill press.
I also use hand drills, files, snap blade knives, sand paper, and small chisels.

2. What kind of wood do you use? It looks like on some pictures that some parts of the wood are glued. Are they glued to make a block you can carve out of, or are they pieces that have been carved and then glued?

Poplar sheets from Lowe's is the wood I use most.
I cut out each layer and glue together and some of it is then sanded for small angles on them.

3. Do you keep your pieces under presure when you glue them? The stuff I made at school got marks from that.

I use clamps with rubber faces to hold pressure on them or if I use metal clamps I put another piece of wood between the wood and clamp.

Hope that helps.

I just bleeped a brick!!! I am new to this forum but dang!!! This is the most amazing wooden gun i have ever seen! do you have a mold of this puppy made up yet?

I just **** a brick!!! I am new to this forum but dang!!! This is the most amazing wooden gun i have ever seen! do you have a mold of this puppy made up yet?

it truely is amazing, but the swearing is forbidden on the forums, just an fyi, not gonna say I didn't say the same in person though lol

hey lee, great to see your still watching this thread :), my pop just finished making a halo reach emile's kukiri knife, using juliet76's blueprints for the blade and your predator knife thread for reference pics for the sheath and handle. he gave it to me today and i was over whealmed by the beauty, size and detail of it, (btw he thinks you did a great job with yours) i was wondering:

1. did you have reference pics and if so where did you get them from?
2. is this the pistol in reach?
3. if you know of any blueprints for the reach pistol can you please send me them?

email is dansgeo@gmail.com

thanks lee! (this looks great!!!!!)

sorry bout the swearing guys. i took it out.

LEE!!! I really want that gun!!! I just printed my cardstock off and will be able to start work on it Tuesday but I want mine to have moving parts like yours. I have a few ideas of what i can do with mine but I would love to get a mold of yours before launch to show off as I pick up my elite version!!! you should PM if/when you are going to mold it.

Once again Lee, you never fail to disappoint! If and when you mold this and make a run available, you can most definitely count me in!!!!!!!!! This is my favorite of all the pistols!

Wow, this is really awesome! If I had the ability to do THAT with some pieces of wood, I would have made hundrets of these. ;D Amazing job!

moz-screenshot.png
HaloReachM6B002.jpg

Chief, no teabagging the pistol XD especially that part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back