Legendary Armor – Mark VI Master Chief Helmet Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
BishopX said:
Yeah...I know. CNC work is not cheap. Helmet CNC work alone was in the thousands...imagine what costs of the armor would be...

My Teacher at school is letting me use Auto Cad and the CNC machine free, all i have to do is bring the material for it to cut.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's Day Two.....I haven't had time to get anything done since I've been busy playing Santa....
All I've done is clean up the CNCd part and hard shelled it.

Halo%20Helmet%20Day%20Two%2002.JPG

Halo%20Helmet%20Day%20Two%2003.JPG

Halo%20Helmet%20Day%20Two%2004.JPG

Halo%20Helmet%20Day%20Two%2005.JPG

Halo%20Helmet%20Day%20Two%2006.JPG

Halo%20Helmet%20Day%20Two%2007.JPG

Halo%20Helmet%20Day%20Two%2008.JPG

Halo%20Helmet%20Day%20Two%2009.JPG

Halo%20Helmet%20Day%20Two%2010.JPG

LOL. Well, I wouldn't say perfection but It's getting there. There's still a bit of work to be done.

BishopX said:
But I don't speak Chinese. LOL. :D

I do bro...LMK if you were serious about the China plug. And awesome work so far.

Stay safe.

Tim.

It was so cold today that the resin wouldn't kick off quickly otherwise I would have started on the clean up and evercoat work. I kicked the crap outta the resin but it stayed tacky forever.

I have always wanted a CNC machine, but I never seem to have an extra million bucks laying around anywhere...

Lol

You have really gone a great lengh to make an awesome as butt helmet. Good job man.

Awesome! It's amazing to see most of the base details there right off the bat.

I see what you mean about the near-perfect symmetry :D

It's so frickin' cold the resin hasn't cured yet. I've put the stinky helmet in my office to warm it up a bit since the shop isn't climate controlled (59 degress F). Makes it tough to get your fingers moving when they hurt. LOL.

BTW....59 degrees is cold for California.....Nyah... :p

BishopX said:
BTW....59 degrees is cold for California.....Nyah... :p

Haha, I been out there around San Fransico before, and it gets a little chilly when it's all overcast out there by the bay.

Could you try a little heater? I don't really know how fast you're suppose to let that stuff dry, but a nice little ceramic heater on low may help.

-Magnum

Im for finding a way to get a top notch visor thats game accurate, but not at the cost of a couple hundred dollars.

Im going to be capping my self to 30 to 50 max for the visor. Im hoping to keep it even lower.

This is my theory with many things...

I don't mind spending the money on things that are the best. If there is something better then I will generally try for it but there needs to be a balance between getting the best and moving forward. I don't want to work on a costume for 2 years just to get it to a wearable state. I like to get it done and work on parts that need correction/replacement.

That's my philosophy...

:D

nice. nice philosophy too.

CNC is nice but it is really too expensive and out of my way for me.

If i wanted to, i could make one, but where am i gonna put it.....

I don't own the CNC. I subbed it out to have the part made. It was expensive for sure... It's worth it though since I am very far along in my project and I know that I will end up with a symmetrical helmet.

hand.jpg

LA%20Handback%20Armor.jpg

As each of the costume parts is completed, we will move into molding. We are intending on casting these parts from a foam rubber. Why rubber you ask? Because the rubber that we will be using will have a slight amount of flex to it, holds paint well and will allow the armor parts to have real thickness to it without a huge amount of weight. Not to mention, it will be able to take a pretty severe beating without showing any wear other than paint scrapes.

Once again, you have done a fantastic job, keep it up. I love the detail you got in. Gotta love 3D models and the CNC machine :p

-Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back