Legendary Armor - MA5C Assault Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

BishopX

We will be starting the MA5C Assault rifle on Thursday next week. I've drawn this rifle in Autocad. I've altered some of the dimension since the gun is just too skinny in the game. The handle area has also been slightly modified to allow a real hand to hold it. I've also beefed up the barrel to make it slightly larger, that way it doesn't look like a Mc Donalds straw.

imgma5c.jpg

When you said you guys were going to work fast, you weren't kidding.

Drawing looks good. Is it 3D or just profile views? I do notice one thing with the handle. Nothing big just a misalignment in the drawing I think. The back part of the forward handle doesn't line up between the top and side view. I could be wrong, but I usually have a pretty good eye when it come to ACAD.

Keep up the good work.

-Magnum

This will be made from scratch. I'm not sure where the discrepancy is in the drawing but I will look for it.

BishopX said:
This will be made from scratch. I'm not sure where the discrepancy is in the drawing but I will look for it.

Oh wait, I think I was mistaken. Yeah, my bad. Here's what I thought I saw in the attachment.

Last edited by a moderator:
BishopX said:
I've altered some of the dimension since the gun is just too skinny in the game. The handle area has also been slightly modified to allow a real hand to hold it. I've also beefed up the barrel to make it slightly larger, that way it doesn't look like a Mc Donalds straw.
This is also the area where I modified my project. In my case. I find the grip too vertical so I angled it slightly forward to make more similar to the ones found in real guns

Crossfire said:
Are you going to make it off of a airsoft gun?
I'm planning on doing just that. I already have a "cheap" airsoft rifle to put inside.

BishopX said:
This will be made from scratch.
If you want. I'll volunteer to change this into a pep pdo file. I absolutely adore the details on your model.

I don't see why not. You may have to go back and add some of the details back in but I suppose it's feasible...

Very cool, I have a friend with a pretty big cnc mill, do you know what I have to do, or can you give me any pointers to convert a 3d file for milling? was/will your rifle be done on a 5 axis machine?

No. Something like this will be handmade. We make guns for movies all the time. This will be quick and easy to just make from scratch. I would talk to Vrogy about getting a 3D file of this gun made. You should be able to take that 3D file and convert it for CNC.

I love AutoCAD... :D

I kinda became an autocad pro at school... :p... But that was last year... Haven't played with it in a bit... :\... If I were could you send me that file? or Your drawing?

Isn't there a way to cross the 2 and make it 3d... And then modify it... :\...

Macattack64 said:
Isn't there a way to cross the 2 and make it 3d... And then modify it... :\...
I tried doing that yesterday using the PDF file that BishopX posted but none of them worked. At least, none that worked with Pepakura Designer, Milkshape and Blender. I was hoping to convert it to a pep file.

BishopX said:
You can try this one but you will need to do some repair. There are some surface issues but if someone took a few minutes, they could probably repair the problems.

Legendary Armor MA5C 3d Model reference .dwg file

dd%20ma5c.jpg

I could alter this to a 3D Model with some work in Inventor if you'd like. Just let me know. Vrogy could even help out with Solidworks. I'm pretty sure either of us can export to .stl, .iges, or even .step. There are others too, which ever would work best for your CNC people.

-Magnum

I appreciate that very much....This will definately come out better if it is made by hand though. CNC for something like this will take a very long time and be incredibly expensive. If I build it, it may take a couple weeks on lunches to build this.

We built this in 7 days. This appears to be about the same amount of work to me.

DSC05930.JPG

DSC05931.JPG

DSC05932.JPG

DSC05933.JPG

DSC05934.JPG

DSC05936.JPG

dd%20ma5c.jpg

BishopX said:
I appreciate that very much....This will definately come out better if it is made by hand though. CNC for something like this will take a very long time and be incredibly expensive. If I build it, it may take a couple weeks on lunches to build this.

We built this in 7 days. This appears to be about the same amount of work to me.

DSC05930.JPG

DSC05931.JPG

DSC05932.JPG

DSC05933.JPG

DSC05934.JPG

DSC05936.JPG

dd%20ma5c.jpg

OMG THIS IS AWESOME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back