Legendary Armor Spartan Armor Progress....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, the Magnum is being worked on by Stormy151. Skullcandy is doing the armor modeling. I'm still working on the CQC helmet. I'm about a day away from completing the base helmet. Another day for the side tube things. Slavefive is chomping at the bit to get his hands on the foam master for the armor so he can start sanding. Obviously, this helmet need quite a bit more clean up. I figure a day more (4 hours) and it should be good enough.
IMG_1031.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1035.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

Phenomenal! CQC is a personal favorite of mine, I'm glad to see it done with such loving precision. Congratulations to all involved, thats one fine helmet!

Well. Thanks. The pictures actually make the helmet look cleaner than it is. There is still a ton of work to be done on it.

great job! i must say, it looks good! nice to see you also add some hand details! now make it light up and put a disco ball in it :D !!!!!!!!

also, nice pic quality! what camera do you use? other than the brand name i won't really know too much about it lol, unless you also tell us how much the camera cost :p

EDIT: sorry if i sounded like a douche: it was ment to be a joke, but others didn't take it as that so i changed my post. these things are happening alot lately, i suppose it is just the tension because it is the last week of school.

There are different ways to build....

There's not reason not to use tools that are available to you. That would just be silly not to. Building armor via CNC and modeling takes a ton of effort and skill. That's why we get paid such giant money. Huge in fact....LOL.

"Press button and get armor?" Monk, I'm not sure what flavor of Haterade your drink, but Stormy and I are working pretty hard on making these models from scratch, and Ruze has been busting his butt gathering reference for some of these models.

Here's the process: Coordinate with Bishop, gather reference, prep reference, start up Maya or Rhino, model, reference check, model, reference check, model, reference check. Check in with Bishop, model, reference check, and depending on the complexity of the base model 6-18 hours later you have a base for the CNC. Stormy goes through and chops up the model, and tries to fit it in a 4" deep space, and whatever else he has to do, then he'll "press a button". Then Bishop, slavefive and other members of our team only have to spend a couple days(also because they're amazing sculptures and craftsman) not weeks getting a final piece and then to fun process of mold-making ensues.

There is no such thing as just "pressing a button". If you feel insecure or angry because of access to machinery or years of hard work learning this stuff, I dunno what to tell you. Just don't say douchey things like "I'm not a fan of how you work".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back