Legendary Armor Spartan Armor Progress....

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH MY CREAMSICLE! BY THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY!!!
how did i miss this???
those models are some of the best i have ever seen!!! and completed so FAST!!!! you guys (and gal) are working like spartans.
Skullcandy girl... will you accept my hand in marriage??? :rolleyes
joking aside, you have all truly created some fine pieces of art. i hope you are all proud of the monster your creating :D
oh, and if you sell to anyone, they should require some sort of certification claiming they would be able to wear this stuff without exploding... its waaay too awesome for civilian use. ;)
Hopefully i will see you all at SDCC 2011!!!! -watch for a dancing spartan- :p

I bet it's nice to have that kind of money and access to CNC to make some awesome armor. I know my husband would be able to do that since he is a CNC machinist, but they don't have the necessary machine in order to create armor like that. :( If they did, I would be putting him to work more than his boss! LMAO

Without a doubt, I can tell that this armor is going to look incredible once it's finished. I myself will be going the foam route for my armor now. :p

_____________________________________________________________________________________
v0bo.gifoGeW.gifkXm2.gifk6eT.gif

Attachments

• v0bo.gif
    v0bo.gif
    1.5 KB · Views: 157
  • oGeW.gif
    oGeW.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 140
  • kXm2.gif
    kXm2.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 181
  • k6eT.gif
    k6eT.gif
    1.5 KB · Views: 147
Okay. So almost final helmet here. Like I said, I'm not going to bother killing myself over the small nooks and crannies. It just won't matter when it's going to be beaten up anyway. There are some obvious blemishes and an issue on the back that I will take care of but I think I'm calling the base of the helmet done. I might come back to this helmet in the end if there is time after armor parts are done.
photo.jpg

I bet it's nice to have that kind of money and access to CNC to make some awesome armor. I know my husband would be able to do that since he is a CNC machinist, but they don't have the necessary machine in order to create armor like that. :( If they did, I would be putting him to work more than his boss! LMAO

Without a doubt, I can tell that this armor is going to look incredible once it's finished. I myself will be going the foam route for my armor now. :p]

You can run the dense foam in pretty much any CNC machine. Even the big industrial ones. It's all about using the right feeds and speeds. They'll cut through that foam like butter.

But running the foam is really, really messy- your husband's boss may not like that. lol

The yellow rigid foam blocks that you can buy for sculpting is awesome to work with but as with any rigid foam, it's messy as hell. It gets everywhere....even in places things should only come out of!

...BTW. We don't have "staff" on this project. No one is paid to model, build, cnc. It's all out of our pockets.

Your work is awesome. Just think that if Microsoft really plans to make a Halo movie, you could be the first one to benefit from it. You already have the 3D model, CAD files, etc. You could make tons of money if Microsoft wants you on the custume production team. Anyway to show your stuff to Steven Spielberg? Perhaps he might consider making the movie after seeing what you have done.

I'm having a hard time deciphering which pictures are screen shots of the model, and which ones are the actual piece.....it's THAT good.

Put the flamethrowers away everyone

But... it's a hot topic. Why no flamethrowers? :-((

No, just kidding. Seriously, I think it's perfectly normal that a lot of people are interested, you're doing awesome work, especially turning the digital models into physical ones. Without the background, you sometimes wouldn't see the difference.

EDIT:
Hickeydog had the same thought I see :-D

Hahahahahah you pyros XD

I usually hide messages of that nature, but it has to be known behavior like what was just exhibited towards us isn't acceptable... ever.

Look. All apologies, from both sides, hopefully accepted. We are busy. We all work full time+ jobs. I'm doing my best to answer pms and such. Just try to be patient. Not anger or hurt here....just busy.

I've got a family too. They have to play in here somewhere also.

I think Spielberg would fire me for me adding details that aren't there. "That's not accurate to the game! You're fired! Go wait in the next room with ET to get your last check."

I think Spielberg would fire me for me adding details that aren't there. "That's not accurate to the game! You're fired! Go wait in the next room with ET to get your last check."

When did Spielberg ever stick to the script? I think he would say, "That's a good compromise you have there. I think a camera view on the left would look much better."

Plus, there are so many variants of the armors I don't think it is wrong to add details.

Okay. So almost final helmet here. Like I said, I'm not going to bother killing myself over the small nooks and crannies. It just won't matter when it's going to be beaten up anyway. There are some obvious blemishes and an issue on the back that I will take care of but I think I'm calling the base of the helmet done. I might come back to this helmet in the end if there is time after armor parts are done.
photo.jpg

This makes me wanna cry. (sniffle) its so beautiful. amazing work once again

LOL Bishop you and your team need to give yourself more credit, You guys Do Phenominal Work, Seriously i have never seen ANY 3D model look that good and accurate. You guys pay attention to every minute detail. I think Spielberg Would appreciate it. NO ET ROOM FOR YOU :p. Anyways i look foreward to seeing more. It gives me inspiration to do better every time i look. Keep up the great work guys and gal

Just for the record.....it's not my team.... It seriously is a even collaborative effort to make some cool stuff. Everyone is pulling their own weight. Time, money, suggestions, criticism, etc. It's all helpful no matter where it comes from. I wish our work hours would cooperate also.

That cqc looks so real.... i could just REACH out and touch it :p
SKG.... i can dream.. cant I? :( lol I kid I kid. your bf is a lucky dood!
your all making some extreme stuff, i still think it needs some sort of warning sticker... (starting to hurt my eyes) :D
I am Officially keeping an eye on this one. keep it up LEGENDARY!

Oops haha blame me Bishop hahaha, I keep deferring to you as el' Captitan', and throwing the word team around, cause well hahaha you are to me ;). And I like saying team since well, "those other 3D artist, CNC machinists, sculptors etc who like halo too," takes more time to type HAHAH!

@ Solo: hah you're silly, and I'm just as lucky, he accepts me for the huge nerd I am :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back