Legendary Armor Spartan Armor Progress....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are a couple shots of the biceps as they stand. We tried some new foam. Slightly cheaper but much more gritty. I'm not impressed. I'll use it for now but I'm going back to the old stuff.
IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad I'm at LEAST 15. lol

I didn't notice this at the shop, but that laminated pink/green foam looks like that Astronaut ice cream.

Whew! I just went (more like breezed) through the entire thread. I may have to go through it again to digest all of the information. Great to see you guys back again after a long absence. Even NZ-TK came back. Awesome!

LOL. I gotta post this since this is amusing and hilarious to me. A member on this forum sent me a pm asking if he could get copies of the files we are building/using to make our armor. I responded politely explaining that there are many people involved in the making of this armor and that would not be possible. I get another pm from that member saying, "You could have just said no." I of course responded again more simply, "no". I get another pm from that member, "Was that so hard? A two letter answer that took approximately 7 seconds? Instead of just ignoring me?"
Someone started a thread Thursday evening that sounds very much like the person you're describing. Let the mods handle it.

The most amusing thing about this is that this is not an isolated incident on this forum.
Unfortunately, the forum is going through that seemingly regularly-occurring phase again but hopefully, just like in the past, we'll get through it.

Oh ice cream??? WHERE?!

Gritty kitty foam :D Hmmm so the shapes aren't as sharp eh? Do they leave a lot more foam dust too?

I'd hate for you guys to have gritty Cod's!

The finish came out nicely. I'm very happy with the sharpness. It's just the sanding on this foam that is a bit of a pain.
IMG_1147.jpg

I figure that this must be a kid age 12 to 14 based on his level of ignorance. I responded with this...

Ignoring you? I'm not sure how old you are but the interesting thing to me about many of the members on this site is that most feel that they are due some sort of extended respect beyond common courtesy. When I originally replied that there were problems in giving the files away, the explanation was not because I enjoy typing. It was out of courtesy. The short "no" answer was my way of explaining that your crybaby response was unwarranted. My typical last communication to people like you is "Grow up and earn respect. You are NOT entitled to it".

The most amusing thing about this is that this is not an isolated incident on this forum. It's actually very common. Children and socially slow adults tend to overstep bounds because they are typing on a computer from another state or country. They feel that there is no consequence to acting like a jackass. They also assume that they are due respect or "timely" responses to their requests. It's not the case. If you don't hear back in a "timely" fashion, send another pm or just stfu. LOL. Seriously. Parents need to teach their kids some common sense.

Well said. I just read another post that was locked about a 16 year old kid ranting of not getting what he wants. He should be banned forever instead of allowing to return. Most of us "adults" have full-time job trying to make some dough. Armor making is a hobby, which doesn't bring food to the table. These "kids" probably don't realize that get a job first and pay bills are that important. Demanding toys like a 7 year old before Christmas are more their "thing".

I work full-time and am trying to complete some costumes for my kids. I know how tough it is to find the time to get these armors done. Reading some of the veterans who decided to leave is really sad. Probably not because of their busy lives, but how they are being treated by some members.

Beside this point, I just want to reiterate that I think you do amazing job (probably repeat the tenth time). I salute you for being a perfectionist.

Yeah. This site is comprised of people of all ages. The unfortunate thing is that many of the members have a severe lack of courtesy and an over inflated sense of self-worth. It's okay. If they get out of line, I will just continue to put them on F-off

(Sorry to muck up your thread Bishop, SKG has her PMs disabled, but it seems like this thread is a favorite haunt of hers.)

Hey SKG, do you take comissions for 3d work? If it turns out you do and your plate isn't full, drop me a line.

Yeah. This site is comprised of people of all ages. The unfortunate thing is that many of the members have a severe lack of courtesy and an over inflated sense of self-worth. It's okay. If they get out of line, I will just continue to put them on F-off
Heck, I was happy to just even get a response from you guys when I first got into all the star wars costuming madness

I just have to be Mean Mommy for a second, stay on topic ;)

*ninja appear* Oops yeah Yoda I have em disabled hahaha, sorry. I am pretty stacked right now with a couple jobs :(

Okay, no worries. When things clear up, I'll probably have some work for you if you're interested in working up other parts for milling.

Well I sent ya a FR. My schedule is just too unpredictable, I'll atleast chat with ya about it.

@Boba: Oh ahah missed your post -_O *taps Hammer in palm* haha I keed, I keed ;)

It's just as the other feller said...We all have full time jobs and do this for fun. This thread isn't a menu for you to pick and choose what you'd like to order. It's us sharing as best possible our attempt at building a cool costume. Just enjoy and comment.

^Seriously, it's practically the opposite. Sometimes I feel like I should be paying for a lot of these "pro-tips" and techniques I pick up from these master craftsmen.

@Boba: Oh ahah missed your post -_O *taps Hammer in palm* haha I keed, I keed ;)

Backs away slowly... JETPACKS AWAY! The Fett man knows how to pick his battles... lol. I love seeing these CNC videos. It's much the same thrill I get when doing pottery on the wheel, how something just... transforms before your eyes!

We are using a brand of foam called Renshape. The part number of this green foam escapes me at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back