Legendary Armor Spartan Armor Progress....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously, there are details to be added to the gauntlets. We'll start adding the lines and missing components tomorrow.
reach_10951097_Full.jpg

reach_8131452_Full.jpg

There are some additional items that get added to the upper torso that hopefully Nexnox will model and cnc. These items will require lighting and close up details.

This back unit. No idea WTF it's called but it needs to be modeled and cnc'd. We'll call it the shield power core for now.

Shield Power Core:
reach_9797000_Full.jpg

reach_9797017_Full.jpg

reach_10951099_Full.jpg

reach_10951101_Full.jpg

reach_10951108_Full.jpg

That's the Armor Ability device, don't know if there is a technical name for it...
The device is the same for all of the armor abilities (except jetpack), it's only the color that's different for each. You'd want yours reddish-orange for Armor Lock :)

I'm pretty sure I've got orthographic shots for modeling that thing too, I'll check and see what I have.

If you get that armor ability device modeled, is there any chance that a pep file might become available for it? I wanted to have this for my armor too, but people seem to overlook that piece and I wanted to add it to my armor. :p Also because being able to add the lights will make a nice touch to my armor. :) hehe
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
p588.gif0JZK.gifUB9L.gifNA8v.gif

Attachments

• p588.gif
    p588.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 147
  • 0JZK.gif
    0JZK.gif
    1.4 KB · Views: 166
  • UB9L.gif
    UB9L.gif
    1.4 KB · Views: 163
  • NA8v.gif
    NA8v.gif
    1.5 KB · Views: 143
great work on the armour guys really amazing, going to look ridiculously epic when its done :D

If you get that armor ability device modeled, is there any chance that a pep file might become available for it? I wanted to have this for my armor too, but people seem to overlook that piece and I wanted to add it to my armor. :p Also because being able to add the lights will make a nice touch to my armor. :) hehe

Carpathiavh99 has a pep model for it :) cant remember where though try his thread

There is a pepakura file for it, that jerk who's running the Reach files thread just hasn't added it to the first page yet...

Here's the post by carpathiavh99

Here's the post with the unfold by Sithslayer78

Break neck speeeeeeeeeeeed!

Do you want me to take a crack at the shield power thingie on the back Bishop, or do would ya rather Nexnox handle it? No biggie either way :)

Wow, you're right. That renshape holds a razor edge.

Care to share your tooling presets? I didn't catch the ustream but I'm going to guess 1/4" roughing, and at LEAST an 1/8th endmill for the finishing pass.

What cam software is that? I don't recognize the GUI.

SKG: I think we'll let nexnox do this one if he wants. You're going so quickly on the armor, I'd hate to loose momentum. We'll be running some of the upper torso parts this weekend. possibly the bicep as well.

Wow, you're right. That renshape holds a razor edge.

Care to share your tooling presets? I didn't catch the ustream but I'm going to guess 1/4" roughing, and at LEAST an 1/8th endmill for the finishing pass.

What cam software is that? I don't recognize the GUI.

Correct, I used a 1/4" flat and 1/8" Ball. Hard to find 1/16" Balls with enough flute length to get deep details. The pink ren is where the real detail comes in, thats the material used for the magnum.

We are using RhinoCAM, which is a Rhino Plug-in version of MecSoft's VisualMill.

The reason I like armor lock is because it gives you a second to think of a way out of the bad situation....

It's like that TWix commercial.... "Someone named Terry says they need you!"

Inspirational! you are all making some serious progress!!! I would love to see this in person when its finished, are any of you planning on attending any cons in the future? i heard something about SDCC 2011, but it slipped my mind.
oh yea, 117th post! boo ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back