Legendary Armor Spartan Armor Progress....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm preparing to run the upper torso armor again. I've changed some settings for the cnc and will attempt to make it a bit cleaner tomorrow.

oh hoh hoh....this thread tickles my fancies~ Im really liking the SEXINESS of the armor! good job Bishop (and whomever else gives him models :U )

A little here a little there I have been whittling away at the Ability Controller. Threads been a little slow, so I thought I would post a progress picture of it.

Disclaimer: Still a WIP and I don't have my normal rendering software installed since a recent reformat.
5313455734_2700254da4_o.jpg

Attachments

• 5313455734_2700254da4_o.jpg
    5313455734_2700254da4_o.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 165
Hi bishop!
I read your thread for a long time but I never post.
So first, let me congratulate you: you're making a fantastic, amazing, epic job !

After my old ODST armor, I want to realize a noble 6 armor, and I need some advices.
My helmet will be the CQC helmet (it's my favorite ^^). But I didn't find the pep files When I saw yours, I was nearly dead: it's just ... epiiiiic ! How did you make it? I mean, did you find it in a pep file or did you create it?
Then, your underarmor. It's very cool But where did you find the lycra? Actually, I'm French and I don't know where can I get it ^^'...

Thanks you and keep up to fill with wonder me !

@nex: That's looking sexy, nice work! :D Ugh I had to refresh my whole OS not too long ago since vista decided to take a dump. I like windows 7 though!

Howdy Will,
I'm one of the 3D artist's on the project, and the CQC was modeled from scratch by me. There is a pep version of the CQC in the works by some other members on the forum. The thread was locked for now, but when they finish the model, the thread will be unlocked and the link to the pep will be uploaded.

I don't offer my models to the public, sorry :(

Howdy Will,
I'm one of the 3D artist's on the project, and the CQC was modeled from scratch by me. There is a pep version of the CQC in the works by some other members on the forum. The thread was locked for now, but when they finish the model, the thread will be unlocked and the link to the pep will be uploaded.

I don't offer my models to the public, sorry

Okay thanks skull :D I hope they finish it rapidly :p

Here is a better render, please excuse the bad text. I don't have photoshop yet and I was trying to use GIMP. That program is gimped, what a pain!

5314217056_5a21336558_o.jpg

Attachments

• 5314217056_5a21336558_o.jpg
    5314217056_5a21336558_o.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 196
AH, might as well post my progress too...
Been working on this here and there, just lazing about with the holiday week :). A bit more work and she'll be done, then back to the rest of the body armor :)
mk5b_wire.jpg

Skull I'm curious?
Do you work your models on a Symmetric program? Like in CAD, if your design is symmetrical, you can do one side and flip it to make up the remaining side and just connect the two to make and clean it up slightly.?

I live the Upgrade pack. I may eye-ball one and foam it, as my favorite is the Camo.

Oh man I'm a Cadtard, hahahah, I'll leave it to you engineers(whom I always admire) ;) Well in Maya I use the instance function. Instead of just copying the geometry, it copies the history along with the geometry, so on the "original", when you model, the changes happen on the instanced side too :). It at the least cuts anyone's workload inhalf by %50 ;) There are similar functions in XSi and Max :)

Cadtard?! there can be no such thing! CAD rocks the socks!

Well I was just curious, Didn't know there were functions called "instance". I learned something today thanks.

I don't have CAD to work with at home. I Blender and wings, Had them for months now and still haven't found a decent tut to work them, So I'm stuck with working certain things at the College, till I can at least get my own copy of CAD. And yea my teach has taken some odd flip of the coin and now I can't model armor for my project. Oh well I'm still going to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back