Lieutenant Commander Catherine-B320 - AceNat's build PIC HEAVY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that you built that belt that I edited by TheDigitalFix. I take it that it was an alright piece to pep? I was kind of curious as to how that would turn out due to the way I edited it. XD

And if you are building the Kat torso that I edited, I would REALLY like to see how that turns out for ya! :D

hey HaloGoddess!
ahah yeah i totally did! i spent several hours scouring the site for some awesome kat files when i decided to make her for launch, and i found that your friend has modelled some really great ones (of course edited to perfection by yourself)
and yeah it is pretty good to put together, the supports hold it well, its a pain to rondo though. gotta do that in 4 parts, the front sides and back, but im mud-glassing to make it super strong :D
but seriously you've edited it really well, the only thing.. im not sure if you've noticed but the back looks a little different to the in game and live action. so im going to be adding some bondo to that to add a bit more detail, like im doing to the back of the bicep piece :p

Edit:
hey cirkob, hope you dont mind i re unfolded the forearm you did for me :D
used yours as a base though, got it from 70 pieces to 15 !! not sure how easy it is to build though, im about to try it now :p
http://www.4shared.com/file/r2xMYLrx/katroboforarm_unfoldCirkob5477.html

15. Are you serious. THAT IS AWESOOOOOOME! And by extension, completely insane. How much time did it take? o_O
RELEASE THE CAGED BEAAAAAAAAAAAAST! Post on Reach thread! Post on Reach thread! :D
And I don't mind, feel free to edit anything :D
But credit me when it's done :cool

ha so far so good, i was kinda wondering what you were going to do with the right arm and hey as usual great scaling cant wait!

Wow Nat, I really can't believe I have missed this!! Keep it up! Your work really is great!! I really hope you can finish in time for Reach! Its really getting down to crunch time!

that is so awesome. your lines are so clean. keep up the good work. trying to figure out how you got your lines so clean.

OOnsksad.png

Looking good:p

Duuuuude! an you were telling me to slow down? lol

I cant believe you broke your Shoulder!! but knowin your extreme pepin skills you'll pep a new one in like an hour :D

NOOO! OONSK!

Haha this looks epic... and wow. Unfolder, modeler, pepper, builder. Got it all covered, don't you? 70 to 15, holy crap...

I'm still confused that the forearms aren't like the ones in the game/kat pics is someone still experimenting with them?

hd handplate!

ok so ive been modelling a bit lately and have a bit of a list that i need to do, well actually just the handplates and boots!
so here is the hand plate ive done modelled and unfolded by me
kathandplate.jpg

http://www.4shared.com/file/aiabDugc/kat_handplate_hd_modelled_AceN.htmlhttp://www.4shared.com/file/LxXhpdOU/kat_handplate_hd_modelled_AceN.html

Wow Nat, I really can't believe I have missed this!! Keep it up! Your work really is great!! I really hope you can finish in time for Reach! Its really getting down to crunch time!
hey brandon! thanks so much :) im really hoping i finish in time too, there is alot left but i reckon i can do it! pushing my skills to the max :D
ha so far so good, i was kinda wondering what you were going to do with the right arm and hey as usual great scaling cant wait!
thanks! yeah i thought 'hey if im going to build kat im going to go all out!

awww oh noooo! haha Well that sucks, but besides that your looking goo so far haha
ahah its ok, i whipped out another pep for the add on that night in about half an hour! and thanks :D
I'm still confused that the forearms aren't like the ones in the game/kat pics is someone still experimenting with them?
Ruze has actually modelled a new one and i think its pretty good, ive actually built it as its kinda a mix between game and live action :)
NOOO! OONSK!
Haha this looks epic... and wow. Unfolder, modeler, pepper, builder. Got it all covered, don't you? 70 to 15, holy crap...
poor little oonsk.. he deserved it after warping on me.. :D ahaha
thanks! im wanting to be good at it all, i mean im using everyones files so i figure why not use my skills to help others!
Duuuuude! an you were telling me to slow down? lol
I cant believe you broke your Shoulder!! but knowin your extreme pepin skills you'll pep a new one in like an hour :D
ahah ive totally caught up! :D and yep i sure did
15. Are you serious. THAT IS AWESOOOOOOME! And by extension, completely insane. How much time did it take? o_O
RELEASE THE CAGED BEAAAAAAAAAAAAST! Post on Reach thread! Post on Reach thread! :D
And I don't mind, feel free to edit anything :D
But credit me when it's done :cool
hey hey cirkob! done and done, only took about 10 mins, just re joined and moved stuff around, created bigger pieces really!
BTW, AceNat, how do you bondo? it looks like you dip it lol
well have you ever seen crackheads tutorial for bondo? when i first joined this site i watched it and pretty much have used the same technique. put some bondo on cardboard mix with hardener then use a scraper to push and move the bondo onto the piece. i also use a popsicle stick to spread it over smaller areas (and alot of the time i use my fingers (gloved of course) to spread it into the shape and smooth it out :D
that is so awesome. your lines are so clean. keep up the good work. trying to figure out how you got your lines so clean.
haha thanks, well alot of the cleaness is down to the pep file, i try not to use bondo (only to smooth or add details) so i love high def files!

Roadwarrior!! best picture ever ahahahha

AceNat - That is a nice looking handplate ya got there. I will most likely use this. :$

Also, when I opened it in pepakura to check out your unfold, I noticed that you had quite a few overlapping areas. Stuff like this can cause things to not line up right and result in a messed up build. D: Since I try to avoid stuff like this in my unfolds, that is why it can take me hours to do an unfold because I way zoom in on areas that look funny to make sure nothing overlaps. So when you do an unfold, be sure to check that out and look closely at the lines. :)

AceNat - That is a nice looking handplate ya got there. I will most likely use this. :$
Also, when I opened it in pepakura to check out your unfold, I noticed that you had quite a few overlapping areas. Stuff like this can cause things to not line up right and result in a messed up build. D: Since I try to avoid stuff like this in my unfolds, that is why it can take me hours to do an unfold because I way zoom in on areas that look funny to make sure nothing overlaps. So when you do an unfold, be sure to check that out and look closely at the lines. :)

woah really? could you specify where the over laps are? just so i can learn from this :p
or do you mean where ive just alligned it on the page?

ive tried again.. how does this look?
http://www.4shared.com/file/aiabDugc/kat_handplate_hd_modelled_AceN.html

this is "only" an unfolded model... but... take your time, resin and bondo... then it will be amazing. its still looks really sharp and pretty.
cant wait for the finished handplate ;)
subscripe is waiting ;)

and here... my promised video tutorial

woah really? could you specify where the over laps are? just so i can learn from this :p
or do you mean where ive just alligned it on the page?

ive tried again.. how does this look?
http://www.4shared.com/file/aiabDugc/kat_handplate_hd_modelled_AceN.html

Yes, that unfold is much better. No more overlaps, although the 2 pieces on either side of the bigger piece could be connected. It doesn't really matter, but when I actually re-unfolded your model, I put them together. Again, that doesn't matter, but at least you no longer have overlapping edges. :)

update time with pics!

trying hard to get things done now.. fast!

hows it looking? i wanted to test it with my chief helm to see how it looks.. cant wait to build the kat helm!
chest seems small with my helmet but if i make it bigger it gets way to wide.. so this is what im going with :/
23-resize.jpg

from the front
22-resize.jpg

shoulder test
24-resize.jpg

25-resize.jpg

26-resize.jpg

knees! ready for sanding
27-resize.jpg

in the end i went with ruze's new forearm as its bulkier than halogoddess's edited one and i felt that it would match the shoulder better :)

Wow, dudette! The build is coming along great!
You got about a month to finnish this up!
-Pony
ahah thanks! yeah a month is too soon! need more time !
this is "only" an unfolded model... but... take your time, resin and bondo... then it will be amazing. its still looks really sharp and pretty.
cant wait for the finished handplate ;)
subscripe is waiting ;)
and here... my promised video tutorial
thanks harican!
and your helmet strip looks pretty good, thats the same method im using for kats armour with here white stripes :D
Yes, that unfold is much better. No more overlaps, although the 2 pieces on either side of the bigger piece could be connected. It doesn't really matter, but when I actually re-unfolded your model, I put them together. Again, that doesn't matter, but at least you no longer have overlapping edges. :)
ah yeah i see what you mean, thanks for your help.
definatly going to be more thorough with my unfolds :D
Really cool I cant wait to see it finished :3
thanks! i cant wait either haha :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back