Life-Sized Brute (Jiralhanae) Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.
A close up of the black washing of the skin texture.

v94x6Mt.jpg

Painted the scars I had sculpted.

R1WjojB.jpg

Bought these styrofoam eyeballs from Michaels and then repainted them for the Brute.

pG2Ga9A.jpg

OTpaje8.jpg

Started laying the hair in large chunks of hair extensions in areas where the hair would be the thickest.

4hFrwML.jpg

Installed the newly painted eyes.

OxNAN56.jpg

The hair is about 70% done here

03rzDIj.jpg

And here are the teeth test fitted in
cd9CeDS.jpg

And here it is with the hair all done!

PFb4QMD.jpg

0Xpy0RB.jpg

IjXTI0b.jpg

We have so much done, but only three days left to complete the Brute before we drive it to Seattle!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

A close up of the black washing of the skin texture.

View attachment 248922

Painted the scars I had sculpted.

View attachment 248923

Bought these styrofoam eyeballs from Michaels and then repainted them for the Brute.

View attachment 248924

View attachment 248925

Started laying the hair in large chunks of hair extensions in areas where the hair would be the thickest.

View attachment 248926

Installed the newly painted eyes.

View attachment 248927

The hair is about 70% done here

View attachment 248928

And here are the teeth test fitted in
View attachment 248929

And here it is with the hair all done!

View attachment 248930

View attachment 248931

View attachment 248932

We have so much done, but only three days left to complete the Brute before we drive it to Seattle!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!
He looks awesome! Awesomely...hideous? He looks so cool! His hair definitely looks more raggedy than before. No more Jesus-brute, though.:unsure: Sad.

:D:D:D

Ok but really. What are you gonna call him? Brutius?

He looks awesome! Awesomely...hideous? He looks so cool! His hair definitely looks more raggedy than before. No more Jesus-brute, though.:unsure: Sad.

:D:D:D

Ok but really. What are you gonna call him? Brutius?

Thank you! his hair was a nightmare to get all glued on and looking right. Now I have to do that to the rest of his body!

His name is Erebus. :)

Thank you! his hair was a nightmare to get all glued on and looking right. Now I have to do that to the rest of his body!

His name is Erebus. :)
Oh, cool. I might have missed his name earlier. Lots of pictures to dig through...

Wow, that head is movie quality! Wouldnt look out of place sitting around in the cantina bar haha.

Wow, that head is movie quality! Wouldnt look out of place sitting around in the cantina bar haha.

That's really high praise! Thank you!

I already have ideas of how to improve the head and potentially make it capable to house animatronics... Mueheheheh

This is quite a remarkable build! How heavy is this to wear and how difficult ids it to move around in?

Thank you!

We're not entirely sure how heavy the costume is. It's not very since it's mostly made of upholstery foam, but there a lot of solid components within the body structures so I would make a general ballpark guess of 50-75 lbs.

As for movement, it's not all that bad. The actor can wear the suit and stand comfortably (so much better than paint/drywall stilts) and can walk at a moderate pace. Arm movement is minimal, but enough to emote. He just has to be careful not to smack anyone with his arms XD

We are so freakin' close to getting this costume done, it's ridiculous. Tonight is the last night we get to work on the Brute before we drive it to Seattle tomorrow. Gunna be a push!

The hands still need to be cast. We tried for an hour and a half to open the jacket mold, but the fiberglass was locked around the fingers and I couldn't for the life of me get it open. Our actor was able to open it this morning. He's a lot stronger than me XD

We'll be casting the hands and painting and furring them tonight and then adding the claws. Hopefully we'll have enough flex foam to cast two hands, but if not, we can improvise if we only make one.

The body is almost fully furred. Just need to add a hairline on the forearm, chest, and back, trim up the hair more uniformly, and dirty it up with some pastel chalk.

After that, the costume is done!

We are so close! Raise them spirit fingers, guys! We're comin' in hot!

PHctQC3.jpg

Yeah, the chest looks like he is in mid waxing......They must charge extra due to his size.........It looks FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! Definitely a labor of love and the results prove it. What is the overall height of this monster?

Sorry about the delay, everyone!

Since PAX, we've been super busy making adjustments to the costume and going to Rose City Comic Con. As soon as we got back from RCCC, I had to go to work.

The debut of the Brute was a success!

We were invited to 343i for their VIP event and we showed off our Brute to them first.

Our costume was bigger than their Atriox display!

gsJxrsP.jpg

Brute, Rookie, and Gabe in his ODST.

3rleK18.jpg

"You'll only feel a pinch."

ZCyTZWg.jpg

We had a photoshoot with other members of the Halo Costuming Community in Seattle.

3xJUC10.jpg

vpMmYB9.jpg

Xnw7lKY.jpg

KmfJ39J.jpg

9YwdYBp.jpg

UzDh0EB.jpg

I got more photos to share from RCCC, but that's all I can share for now. Gotta get back to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back