Linda-058 First FULL build. I'll do it in 143 days!! 52 DAYS LEFT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Linda-058 First FULL build. I'll do it in 143 days!!

If you're looking for a good workout to tone yourself, try looking into squats/curls/sit-ups and jogging. I tend to spend about an hour on a three-mile jog daily, followed by a 20minute course of reps and whatnot. My stomach's firming back up and... well. Let's not talk about the caboose, but the husband likes it :p

Regardless - I'd recommend mainly working on the lower core (tummy/bum/legs) if you want to get a more screen-accurate Spartan physique. Mercifully, the upper torso armour hides the upper body, and padding solves what workouts can't.

Jogging is pretty much the death of me. I have pretty bad knees but everything else I get on the job. Otherwise I have found biking and rowing really target all leg, core, and back areas that spartans have toned.

I personally spend about 40 mins to an hour biking to and from work uphill at a steady, fast pace. I highly recommend this as a free transportation and quad builder; if it's safe to do so in your area. Huge motivator is having 20 mins to get to work on a 30 min ride because you stayed up too late making cosplay... Ive made records of 16 mins from that.

Each body type with their blessings and their curses of course. My day job I never sit except for on breaks and am constantly lifting heavy things/ walking, this is why I have muscle I suppose besides I love ham! Again opposite of you I am slimming into the new H5 "reveals-all undersuit" . TFW I am more suited to being DARE than Linda. ;p
So true ^^" A high metab makes it easier to lose weight than it is to gain. A big issue for myself, always hungry but can never pack it on.

If you're looking for a good workout to tone yourself, try looking into squats/curls/sit-ups and jogging. I tend to spend about an hour on a three-mile jog daily, followed by a 20minute course of reps and whatnot. My stomach's firming back up and... well. Let's not talk about the caboose, but the husband likes it :p

Regardless - I'd recommend mainly working on the lower core (tummy/bum/legs) if you want to get a more screen-accurate Spartan physique. Mercifully, the upper torso armour hides the upper body, and padding solves what workouts can't.

XD I'm lucky my physique gives me a fairly toned stomach naturally and I'm long legged. I basically have the ideal Cortana physique save for larger.... bust *pats the barely existent chest*. I don't much like biking so I've been the type to walk everywhere when possible. It's amazing though just how out of shape I am T_T all from a year of not walking to school. Since I started college last September I've been fairly inactive. I just started going for jogs this week and am wheezing by the time I'm halfway around the block which is something I used to be able to do with ease. It's depressing really :p I need to get myself back in shape for the summer walks up the hill. No way am I hopping the bus when I can walk the hour or two to Central library.

My knees are shot so running's out.......Catcher in Softball for years.......so biking is my thing.........I do any where from 25-40 miles on the weekends and an hour in the house a day. Still haven't gotten rid of the spare tire but it differently has sprung a leak and the air is slowwwwwwly leaving me. I have to be able to fit into my old skydive suit which might be my undersuit.......Some where on here is the MC work out chart........But getting back to the build, as everyone has already stated......Its your own preference. Use the piece you have if it fits.

My knees are shot so running's out.......Catcher in Softball for years.......so biking is my thing.........I do any where from 25-40 miles on the weekends and an hour in the house a day. Still haven't gotten rid of the spare tire but it differently has sprung a leak and the air is slowwwwwwly leaving me. I have to be able to fit into my old skydive suit which might be my undersuit.......Some where on here is the MC work out chart........But getting back to the build, as everyone has already stated......Its your own preference. Use the piece you have if it fits.
I'm going to go hunt down that chart. Edit: Found it. Not sure how much of it is really for me ^^" At least not yet. I have barely any upper body strength. I can do a good portion of it but the push ups I tend to just flop on the floor and be a fish.

Chernobyl FYI, All husbands like their wives wife's caboose........Its some of the wives that don't like their own caboose.......;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Chernobyl FYI, All husbands like their wives wife's caboose........Its some of the wives that don't like their own caboose.......;)

True. But less talking about the quality of my behind, this is supposed to be a build thread.

Magical powers of hurling this thread out of the gutter AWAY!

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't you mean ACTIVATE?

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you mean....ACTIVATE?

Choo choo, here comes the re-railing train!

I HATE BLENDER! There, I said it. This is the worst part of pepping adding in/taking out details, or fixing game meshes. I'm trying to move onto forearms and shins. The chest is gonna just collect some dust while I am less frustrated :D
Screenshot_49.png

Choo choo, here comes the re-railing train!

I HATE BLENDER! There, I said it. This is the worst part of pepping adding in/taking out details, or fixing game meshes. I'm trying to move onto forearms and shins. The chest is gonna just collect some dust while I am less frustrated :D
View attachment 26813

Doesn't look like you converted from tris to quads. That might alleviate some of the confusion'

Doesn't look like you converted from tris to quads. That might alleviate some of the confusion'

Seconding this.

CTRL+A, ALT+J, before you do any other work to your models. It'll save you a whole lot of problems later on down the line.

Seconding this.

CTRL+A, ALT+J, before you do any other work to your models. It'll save you a whole lot of problems later on down the line.

I do have a fair amount converted to quads, my frustration lies in the meshes that I am cutting and melding together :p

I do have a fair amount converted to quads, my frustration lies in the meshes that I am cutting and melding together :p

Well, what are you having issues with? And, have I sent you my unfolded/edited torso file already? I've done a fair bit of work to the entire thing, it's the 'extra' bits (booster pods, shield pieces) that need some minor work.

I'd be more than happy to Livestream or Skype screen-share some Blender time with you to help resolve some of these issues.

Well, what are you having issues with? And, have I sent you my unfolded/edited torso file already? I've done a fair bit of work to the entire thing, it's the 'extra' bits (booster pods, shield pieces) that need some minor work.

I'd be more than happy to Livestream or Skype screen-share some Blender time with you to help resolve some of these issues.

Thank's Chernobyl! I am just cleaning up all the extra faces and the protruding faces so everything is one piece. Just not having a fun time/week since I am sick
You haven't shown me your chest file yet, no. :O

Screenshot_50.png
I simplified it more and cleaned a small portion since last pic. Slowly, Slowly.

Looking good. As regards to my torso file: I've designed it to be modular. The chest plate, the shoulder/back plates, the 'hump' and the booster pods are all separate files imported and collected as one file - you can use the 3D Menu > Show Object List function to individually highlight one particular segment of the file to work on, while hiding the rest.

While this makes the file more simple to unfold and work from (you can orbit around a particular piece without having it obscured by other geometry), the true benefit of this method is that you can add or remove parts during the development without having to re-unfold the entire file. For instance - I could remove the booster pods from the file, re-work them in Blender, and then re-add them to the main Pepakura file while still keeping the main development scale and work. If you're interested in doing something like this yourself, here's a workflow:

- Complete work in Blender
- Export each piece of the file as a unique object (chest plate, back plate, booster pods... whatever you like)
- Open each file in Pepakura, unfold and save as .PDO file
- File > Import File (*PDO) to import each component
- Use 3D Menu > Show Object List > Right-click component > Delete to remove pieces as needed.

I've recently done some work to the booster pods and I've added the new development - you're welcome to the file, though the booster pods need unfolding. The file likewise doesn't contain the abdominal plating, shield components, camera parts or other smaller 'detail' work - the file was created mainly as a size-tester with the aim of adding other detail in later.

Attachments

• Argus Torso (Cherry WIP 05052016).zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 212
  • torso wip 05052016.PNG
    torso wip 05052016.PNG
    149.6 KB · Views: 244
  • torso wip 05052016 02.PNG
    torso wip 05052016 02.PNG
    139 KB · Views: 260

I have zero skill or clue regarding how to use blender.

Quick update; Made my mom try on the chest I was making, fit her perfectly. My shoulders are about 5 cm wider than hers. Short and thick of it gonna make a new one. Luckily thanks to Chernobyl, I don't even have to size a new one we're the same size, I'll use the file you graciously provided me to make a new chest peperonie base :p

​#moreboobroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back