LongShot-X's Mark VI HD MJOLNIR Armor - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty stoked to see what you got up your sleeve, bro. So hey, quick question, are you gonna have a double layered visor for your helmet, or are you gonna just have a single layered dealio? With Reach coming just around the corner, it'd be kind of a crunch to get the double layered thing put together, but a suit of this kind of epicness should use a double layer. I'll see if I can find a link to the visor thread thingy....hang on a sec...
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/16910-Tutorial-Make-amp-Paint-Your-Own-See-through-Visor There it is! Anyway, idk if you already have plans for this, or if you don't, but either way, there you go. Cheers back at ya!

DUDE! You just saved me a bunch of reasearch time! Thanks! Yes. I totally agree. That's why Im progressing from ground up. Helmet or Torso will be the last pieces I work on. If I have to skip the 2nd visor... so be it (at least for reach). I do have a total of 3 visors to work from. I got the extra one just in case I screw up on one. However... If all possible YES! I plan on doing the double visor thing.

Now gota get some sleep!!!!!! I have all day off Sunday. I'm gona try to make it a marathon day.

OH... BTW EVERYONE! Sorry for the late post... But then again I hope that those pic's made up for it!

Cheers!

Wow, you'll have to put up a poll and ask everyone if this is elite material. I guarantee everyone will say yes.

Wow, you'll have to put up a poll and ask everyone if this is elite material. I guarantee everyone will say yes.

You know what? I'm going to do just that. It would be great feedback material.

i am looking foreward to the finished product. BTW you have encouraged me too start over and do it right. thanks and keep up the good work!!!

@Putitang
Your welcome and good luck.

@Nobel 1
Even I had to start over on a few pieces. This is normal. Just learn from it and improve upon it.
I intend to keep up the good work... Thanks!

@Spartan Will-043
Thanks man! I figured you would! :)

@Thatdecade
Funny you mentioned "Pollished"... That's all Ive been doing... Sanding... Sanding and more Sanding. Right to the point where the surface is "Pollished" LOL

As for the Poll: Nice to see that the majority, except one, agree's with the Elite worthyness.

Well back to more Sanding....

Cheers!

I believe the general rule of thumb is 10 yes = elite :p

EDIT: Now you have to go around yelling "WORT WORT WORT".

just wandering what your plans are once you have finished this project.... will it be another armor if so what kind

edit: i just finished pepping a forearm piece and it is a little hard to get my hand out without the glue breaking any suggestions on how to fix this, i thought i might not glue the end pieces so that the opening is a little wider, but i might just make it 10% bigger

@scrub
WORT, WORT, WORT! LOL... yea I could to that!
Yea. I am seriously concerned as to why Condor4 voted "No". Everyone here, so far, has been extremely motivational, inspirational, constructive and positive thinking. I also believe that everyone here wishes this project to be a success. At least that's the feeling I get. But, to have one person vote "No" and not leave any constructive comments as to why is disheartening. ie. I pitty them.

@SLane972
Agrees.
It takes more than one to have good collaboration.
But it takes only one to ruin it for everyone.

@noble 1
As far as I can see... I don't think that this project has an "End" I have lots of ideas that I want to implement. Such as a nice custom undersuit, weapons, differnent armor permutations.
For the forearm piece... I had a similar problem. I just readjusted those end pieces so that the opening was a tiny bit bigger. I use a glue gun. So all I had to do was unglue the piece and re-attach it a bit further apart.

Cheers!

man you are making me want to wear some of my armour on release day, sadly.... I only have the ODST helmet that I bought off SB. You think it would be lame to go in with just a helmet?

Project related, The LEDs look awesome, not overdone but still flashy. Makes the suit pop. I'm going to be building a work area similar to yours in my new place. I move in friday. I cant wait to get settled, and have the designated area to try to start my chronicles.

man you are making me want to wear some of my armour on release day, sadly.... I only have the ODST helmet that I bought off SB. You think it would be lame to go in with just a helmet?

Project related, The LEDs look awesome, not overdone but still flashy. Makes the suit pop. I'm going to be building a work area similar to yours in my new place. I move in friday. I cant wait to get settled, and have the designated area to try to start my chronicles.

I dont' think its lame at all! In fact I'll be wearing what ever I have, regardless if the suit is completed or not. Go for IT and have FUN.
I love the LED's. Your right. I don't want to over do it. "Flashy" is cool!
Glad that your going to start a project with a good workplace to craft. I'll be eagerly waiting to follow your chronicles!

Cheers!

question about the shin files....did you have to rearrange the pieces to fit on the paper as well as split some of them

question about the shin files....did you have to rearrange the pieces to fit on the paper as well as split some of them

Yes i did. I had to do that every time that I rescaled a PDO file. This is normal.

Cheers!

Quick update:

I was working on the final sanding of the forearms, when my brother ("Gadget") showed up. With his help, we think we have solved all of the strappings, with the exception of the shoulder pieces (that ones already been solved)

We are working on that right now. Some pics have already been taken. Will post them later on tonight... Probably very late tonight... we'll see.

Also got an issue with the quick disconnect wires that go to the boots. They are 20 gauge SOLID cord wires. Meaning that they don't like to be constantly bending. One broke. I knew that this would happen... so no big deal. I've got some better ideas as to what to replace it with... But that will be tomorrow's project.

Cheers! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back