LongShot-X's Mark VI HD MJOLNIR Armor - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great stuff Longshot, my inspiration as always man.
Your most welcome. I do have to say that your project is looking amazing!

I should comment on this thread really seeing as since I started my MKVI your photos are in every mobile device in the house. This build is truly amazing. I love the gun attachment using magnets. I was thinking of putting some in mine once I finish making it. I have to confess I will be pinching your idea for where you installed your lights, although I was going to add some before I saw your suit but it helped my lazyness with working out where to put um.

"every mobile device in the house" -- WOW! I sure get around. LOL. Thanks for your kind comments.
Lights -- I'm honored that you like them so much that you want to add them to your suit. Go for it. Can't wait to see how they light up.

This still blows my mind how good it is!

"Mind Blown" -- Thanks!

I can still say with certainty, this is the best MKVI build I've seen. Simple as that.

Also Thanks!

Now down to business:
I did not get a chance to post the magnet mounting system (postponed but not forgotten)

These finally arrived (see pic below):
What is it? Its the "Text with gloves on" product.

Its common knowledge that our everyday run of the mill gloves, in my case mechanic gloves, do not work well or at all with touch capacitive screens (smartphones)

"Text with gloves on" is a cool little screw on button that attaches to the end of the gloves finger. Once attached, the wearer can operate the smartphone with out having to take off the gloves.

Thanks to Polythemus for this cool little find:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/34555-Polythemus-quot-Victor-101-quot-Mk-VI-Build-WIP-PICS

IM000853.JPG

I have tested this out and it works like a charm. No longer do I have to unstrap the glove and fumble around with trying to take it off and find a place to store it so that I can operate the smart phone on the arm. Let alone with having to fumble my way with putting the glove back on and securing the strap. Now I can operate my smartphone with out any hassle.

Until next time!

Cheers!

i think i just may have came in my pants a little bit god what a beautiful suit make me jealous......and kinda hard XD jkjk

i think i just may have came in my pants a little bit god what a beautiful suit make me jealous......and kinda hard XD jkjk

I know exactly what you mean. hehehe. "Someone get this man a towel!!!" - jkjk

Glad that you like it!

Cheers!

Its all about the details, like the "text tappers"!
I think its great that you have maintained your build thread, still going, still making improvements.
I love the constant areas of change and innovation. Most build threads ive read and followed, there is a point when they are about 50% done, you can tell the mindset of "I NEED TO GET THIS OVER WITH!!!" kicks in. And you can see the rushed mentality show through in the work.

While yours is one of the few that have gone the distance!

If my build thread goes half as good as yours, I will be very happy !

Cheers and continue the fight!
Cereal.

Sweet looking gloves. I just hope I don't need to get one of those Cell phone thingy' s to finish my suit. ;)

As always I love the add-on's.

FYI The photo server is down for maintenance. Eta: Tuesday evening. Have a happy Easter.

Happy Easter My friend. :cool Now make sure to unleash some awesomeness when the severs come back on-line. ;)

Hello to everyone on the 405th. Long time and no posts from me.
I have done my last convention for this month and the next one is PAX Prime 2012. Months away.

1st let me say that I miss this place!
2nd here is an inspirational video to kick start things off.

Sit back and enjoy the music and all the fantastic costumes. Pay most attention to the 3 minute mark for yours truly.

Credits to Andy Wang and his brother for putting this together and sharing it. You were fantastic to work with and I had lots of fun.

Thank you to Fan Expo Vancouver 2012 and Calgary Comic Entertainment Expo 2012. I will be returning to you next year.

Now that the conventions are over, I'll be posting a lot (hopefully) of pics for your enjoyment, inspiration and motivation.

Also, I have a few co-workers who have desired to shoot some short live action vids of 'a Spartan's life in the year 2012' (our current year). Our first meeting is in two weeks, after which I'll have more details.

More news!

It would seem that I am living up to my nick name "LongShot"
Why? How? You may ask.

Lets start with what "LongShot" means to me. "LongShot" was one of my favorite characters from the marvel comics. He had the power of LUCK. 99% it was extremely good luck and the other 1% was extremely bad luck. Lately I have been encountering extremely good luck with thing related to Halo.

1) Halo 4 has been announced. It's release date is November 6th.
2) I was born on November 6th.
3) Combine both #1 and #2 and I'll be having a Halo Birthday party. I am, but the venue has not been chosen.
4) News of a live action Halo web series has been announced by Microsoft.
5) That same Microsoft live action halo web series is being filmed with in a 1 hours drive from where I live.
6) My camera man is willing to spend a day trip with me to that location for a photo shoot. All pending 343s approval and the location's approval.
7) Going to Pax Prime 2012 and hoping to meet up with some of my State Side 405th friends.

Enough said.

Wow... I think that's quite a bit I have said. Let's just digest it and replay that video for more inspiration. :D

Super Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
DUDE!!! Thats awesome! 99%luck indeed my friend. :)
Keep us posted how everything goes, and keep the awesomeness coming!

Love the vid You being in it made even more enjoyable:cool

As for the luck... May it always be there for you... If not, You're an Elite builder, build you're own luck;)

Just take the time to share it with the rest of us.:D

I can finally post here! I've been waiting for a year to say how inspiring this thread has been to me. Thanks for the pictures, advice, and tutorials you have been sharing with us.

The movie was really cool, I love your shotgun. My favourite part was probably when the rabbit person started chasing the people taking his picture, that made me laugh.

Also, congrats in advance on your halo birthday.

The rabbit person is the main kid, Kenji Kois's avatar in Summer Wars. Awesome movie btw I recommend it.

DUDE!!! Thats awesome! 99%luck indeed my friend. :)
Keep us posted how everything goes, and keep the awesomeness coming!

I got a reply back from BSAngel. Good news/badnews.
Bad news 1st: Its a no go for having a photo shoot "on set" due to insurance and other liabilities and contingencies. Fair enough for the "on set" stuff. I'll start exploring some of the "off set" stuff and continue from there.
Good news: At the same time, I had submitted some photos for Waypoint. They should be up next week.

Love the vid You being in it made even more enjoyable:cool

As for the luck... May it always be there for you... If not, You're an Elite builder, build you're own luck;)

Just take the time to share it with the rest of us.:D

Ah luck. Looks like I hit a snag with the photo shoot on the set of the Halo web vids. (see my prev comment)
So... I'm going to do the next best thing and make some luck with the hopes of still having a photo shoot on the SFU campus (off set). I'll keep you all posted on this.

Video looks great!
Looks like it was a blast!

It certainly was! I saw so many faces over that weekend that I ended up forgetting some of my friends faces during the convention.

I can finally post here! I've been waiting for a year to say how inspiring this thread has been to me. Thanks for the pictures, advice, and tutorials you have been sharing with us.

The movie was really cool, I love your shotgun. My favourite part was probably when the rabbit person started chasing the people taking his picture, that made me laugh.

Also, congrats in advance on your halo birthday.

Thank you Nessy and congrats to your "infantryman" status.

The rabbit person is the main kid, Kenji Kois's avatar in Summer Wars. Awesome movie btw I recommend it.

FYI: I'm going to watch that movie, as per your recommendation.

Thank that had also gad me wondering. Now to see if Netflix in Canada has it

DITTO!

Now lets get right to the fun stuff. Pics! These are from the Fan Expo Vancouver 2010 convention. I went for the 1 day, along with a photographer.
Some of these photos have been previously posted to my FB page: www.facebook.com/spartanlongshotx

Donning the armor in the underground parking lot of the convention center. I'm used to doing this.
dsc_0005.jpg

Its no longer a surprise to me when I have people who want a photo with me, even as I am donning the armor.
dsc_0008.jpg

As any costumed convention goer would know. It is important to do all of the "needs" as early as possible.
I think you can read the body language of this one.
dsc_0009.jpg

If you could not read the body language of the prev pic. Here's a hint. (It was a staged shot)
dsc_0016.jpg

After washing up. It was time to get the PA system going.
dsc_0012.jpg

Adjusting the straps and then to put on the chest piece.
dsc_0014.jpg

Adjusting the mic and helm.
dsc_0013.jpg

Got straight to work with my 1st request. (He wanted me to do it)
I'm not sure how "appropriate" this pic is, but I'll post it and see how it goes.
dsc_0022.jpg

Receiving a txt message on the suits smart phone.
dsc_0028.jpg

More pics of this event to be posted later.

Cheers!

The pictures look fantastic Kevin, I love em. So i gotta ask, how did you get the shotgun to stay on your back?? Im asking because i plan to make it so i can attach guns to the back of mine to, so im curious as to how you did it :)
Loving this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back