Not open for further replies.
Chief out and about

The chief gets out and about again.

Chief trying on a halloween costume.
dsc_0017.jpg

dsc_0007.jpg

"But maaaa... I wana ride in the car!"
dsc_0015.jpg

Waiting for a nice breeze to cool me off.
dsc_0012.jpg

Progress updates:

I have since upgraded the sound system. It now has 4 speakers. Video to show them off will be posted later.

Other news:

I'll be moving to a new location with more room for a better workshop.

The website is now scheduled for renovations in mid november. I have too many pics to on the one page... need to reorganize and make it easier to navigate.

Cheers!

You sir are both an inspiration and a deterrent :)

The temptation to believe I could never achieve what you have created was sometimes a downer. At the same time, the fact that you did it, and laid it our for all to see, has helped keep me going.

I am about 95% complete a low-def suit. I have practiced the skills required and I have a suit that will still turn heads on halloween and at a local SF convention. Now my next personal challenge is to make something that will hopefully be close to yours! So look out! :)

Overall, well done and thanks for letting us follow you during this build.

BTW, my Mom and sister live in Vancouver, I hope to see your work of art next time I am on the left hand coast.

You sir are both an inspiration and a deterrent :)

The temptation to believe I could never achieve what you have created was sometimes a downer. At the same time, the fact that you did it, and laid it our for all to see, has helped keep me going.

I am about 95% complete a low-def suit. I have practiced the skills required and I have a suit that will still turn heads on halloween and at a local SF convention. Now my next personal challenge is to make something that will hopefully be close to yours! So look out! :)

Overall, well done and thanks for letting us follow you during this build.

BTW, my Mom and sister live in Vancouver, I hope to see your work of art next time I am on the left hand coast.

Thanks for sharing your feelings on this... I know EXACTLY how you feel. My inspiration/deterrent was with DogWizards suit. His was a HUGE inspiration yet looking at it I felt that there was no way that I could come close to the quality and detail of his suit. Yes I went through a lot of "downer" moments too.

I would be awesome to see you achive that challenge. And to see ya when you are on the west coast. I'd love to do an "out and about" day with you.

As for my suit... I am still in the tweaking stages... mostly with strap improvments and parts still rubbing against each other. Then I'll start posting more pics and tutorials.

i dont if im the only one this is happening to but everytime i go to the halo costuming wiki and click on the files i want it loads a page says cannot display this page. i know its not my internet cuz everyother site i go on works perfectly fine. So is it just the 4share.com website that is down or is it i just cant connect at all. I need some files realy bad and its not working at all can someone help?

i dont if im the only one this is happening to but everytime i go to the halo costuming wiki and click on the files i want it loads a page says cannot display this page. i know its not my internet cuz everyother site i go on works perfectly fine. So is it just the 4share.com website that is down or is it i just cant connect at all. I need some files realy bad and its not working at all can someone help?

I noticed that some of the file links on 4share.com are not working. However, you can get the all in one pepakura pack from here: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/26285-All-in-One-Halo-Pepakura-Pack?highlight=pack

Cheers!

Chief gets out on Thanks Giving day and decides to carve up a log.
Hmmm... He could use one of these chainsaws in the game.

pa110252.jpg

An AXE would be nice for when the chainsaw runs out of fuel.
pa110277.jpg

He could pack it all on this cool 3 wheeler. Its called the "Bogger" :)
pa110292.jpg

(This photo made it to Halowaypoint)

Cheers!

Great suit, and I like the chainsaw idea.
This could easily go in the Elite thread. Keep up the great work.

Impressive build, really awesome!

Thanks! I'm glad that you like it!

Great suit, and I like the chainsaw idea.
This could easily go in the Elite thread. Keep up the great work.

I like it too! I though about asking the moderators about moving it... but I kinda like it where it is. Besides I still have more mods to do to the suit... so its not quite done yet.

Cheers! :)

I really like seeing all your "out-and-about" photos! I really wish my suit was that versatile and sturdy.

Hopefully I can get on the list for Lee's "longShot" lol!

I really like seeing all your "out-and-about" photos! I really wish my suit was that versatile and sturdy.

Hopefully I can get on the list for Lee's "longShot" lol!

Thanks! I like doing the "Out and about" stuff --- AND --- Sharing them with the 405th! In fact that is the only way that I can test the suit. Each time I finish an outing, I go over the entire suit and beef up the weak spots and then tweak what ever needs tweaking. Lots of FUN.

In fact I'm taking the suit out again tomorrow to do some "Logging" and then attend an evening "Burn barrel party" ---> I get to use the LED's.
Then again on Thursday for a late night Bonfire party! WOOT! More testing of the LED's !!!!

Should have lots of pics to post.

:)

Man, left again for a bit and then WHABAMMO!!! Some one left the chief out with the chainsaw, and he ran it outta gas. pfft. you just can't get the staff nowadays, I presume. No, just joking. Longshot, you have re-kindled the fire of my ODST build. I cannot finish it by halo-ween, but definitely I will revive it.

Here's a question for ya. With all that you know now, how long do you think it would take you to make a suit the quality of yours when it was "Reach Ready"? Just a guestimate...

Man, left again for a bit and then WHABAMMO!!! Some one left the chief out with the chainsaw, and he ran it outta gas. pfft. you just can't get the staff nowadays, I presume. No, just joking. Longshot, you have re-kindled the fire of my ODST build. I cannot finish it by halo-ween, but definitely I will revive it.

Here's a question for ya. With all that you know now, how long do you think it would take you to make a suit the quality of yours when it was "Reach Ready"? Just a guestimate...

I would have to guestimate about 600-700 hours. Because now I dont have to reasearch anything. All of the experiments are done. No more timelaps photography. No web updates... etc...

BUT I would cut that time down with my next purchase: A Craft Robo !!!

Also I have been following Ben Streepers Foam armoring tutorials... I like what I am seeing and I think that I want to make a Reach based suit out of foam. However that will have to wait as I am in the beginning process of moving. Moving to a better location where I can convert a room into a nice workshop/studio for these kinds of projects...

I also have some pics of Chief playing around with an incinerator barrel. I'll be posting those pics later on this week. But for now, I have to get the chief ready for another bonfire party for tonight. More pics of that too!

Cheers!

Wow, great progression and fantastic end result. Might have to pick your brain on a few things when I get to finishing up my own suit! But wow, really well done man, pat yourself on the back, stellar stuff.

Wow, great progression and fantastic end result. Might have to pick your brain on a few things when I get to finishing up my own suit! But wow, really well done man, pat yourself on the back, stellar stuff.

Thanks! I'd be happy to answer some questions.
--AND-- Thanks again for the stellar compliment!
I'm still amazed with it too!

Checked out your thread: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/27882-Jorge-Project-Decreasing-noob-level
Looking good with good progress!

Cheers!

I'm still amazed with it too!

Yeah, man, I TOTALLY know how you feel!! Looks like you wear it everywhere now LOL!! If mine had held together, I would have done the same, but yours is WAAAAY better! Judging by the well earned compliments you've been getting, everyone else is obviously still amazed with it, too, including me :) Seriously, well frickin' done!! I hope my next suit turns out half as good as yours, and I can't wait to see what you do next!!

I got a quick question about how you sanded your armor: what method did you do for finding and filling the tiny nicks that the 2nd coat of spot putty didnt seem to fill and did you use the electric sander for the finishing sanding as well?

On a side note, awsome job!
-Gryphon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back