here are some

blast chambers and barrels
[attachment=7272:photo0068.jpg]

blast chamber cap
[attachment=7273:photo0069.jpg]

business end The barrels
[attachment=7274:photo0067.jpg]

be carefull

Those things can explode. A mate of me has ear damage becouse it blew of next to his head

just make it very safe and tight

Safety Safety Safety...

One thing I did during my potato cannon building phase was to put a 3way T between the ammo chamber and the blast chamber with a rubber test cap on it (the kind with the metal strap). This creates a weak point in the system that if you were to ever overcharge it in any way, the rubber cap would fly off instead of having the chamber blow up. Just make sure the cap is pointed up or away from people.

Another thing is to always inspect the joints, seals and pipe for any structural defects before EVERY firing. It helps to paint the cannon, and if a joint starts to fail, you'll see a separation where the paint is no longer contiguous.

Also, it always seemed that the black ABS pipe was stronger...

Happy hunting!

so, its a bigger twin barreled verion of this?

spud-gun-11.jpg
:lol:
these things look like fun!!

just remember to have fun and be safe!

Last edited by a moderator:
BFDesigns said:
I think someone should do the warthog grenade gun version of this! How sick would that be?
The Gauss Warthog?
Me and a friend were already thinking about this. If we could create the mechanism to spray the hairspray into the end of the launcher by itself it would be doable, but you cant risk that without the lighting mechanism interacting with the whole can of hair spray, which could result in... 'Flammable' Results...

I would recommend wrapping the entire thing in gorilla tape, the more you fire it, the weaker the pvc becomes because of the rapid heating/cooling. Gorilla tape is strong enough to prevent it from splintering. Shrapnel=bad day m'kay.

I do speak from experience on this one, I made one for my AP chem class back in highschool (Though leagally we had to call it a produce accelerator.) After about 30 firings the reaction chamber ruptured and blew out the back endcap into several pieces. Thankfully no one was standing behind it when it went off.

freakazoid said:
I would recommend wrapping the entire thing in gorilla tape, the more you fire it, the weaker the pvc becomes because of the rapid heating/cooling. Gorilla tape is strong enough to prevent it from splintering. Shrapnel=bad day m'kay.

I do speak from experience on this one, I made one for my AP chem class back in highschool (Though leagally we had to call it a produce accelerator.) After about 30 firings the reaction chamber ruptured and blew out the back endcap into several pieces. Thankfully no one was standing behind it when it went off.

And pray do tell what loophole allowed you to create a produce accelerator for a CHEM class? you'd think that'd be something for like, physics or something. I'm in AP Chem right now, I wanna do this, but nooooo, all we do is play with thermite :-D

Rather than using PVC, use ABS instead, I mean, it's stronger, and it's already black!
I plan on remaking mine with ABS. But seeing as you already have a good start, keep going man!
Potato cannons are so fun.

Most people suggest building such "Produce Accelerators" (I love that term, you just made my day) out of metal, using steel pipe for anything that could "Blow out" or the like. Stronger stuff.

Hey thanks guys for both the advice and cheers and yeah this thing will not be fired until all safety flaws are worked out, hell it will probably not even be fired but only a few times in it's life time, at least by me anyway

I think this will be a prototype so I can have a design and reference to later build a full metal version,................... and yes one with revolving barrels

also once I am done I may just open up a contest of some sort to see who walks away with it
or who ever can make or trade me a mark VI chest piece

Contest: Who can hold their breath the longest.
Last one standing walks away with it. ; )

.....what do you mean he winner just past out

Oh well on to the next contset,

Who can hold on to the food nipple the longest and without getting mad at your nipple mate next to you who won't shut up.

Air compressors are safer, won't explode. Of course there are cons to it as you'll need to have it on a cord to fill up, but thats for reference to the guass idea.

The Stig said:
The Gauss Warthog?
Me and a friend were already thinking about this. If we could create the mechanism to spray the hairspray into the end of the launcher by itself it would be doable, but you cant risk that without the lighting mechanism interacting with the whole can of hair spray, which could result in... 'Flammable' Results...

The Gauss Cannon, that was what I was looking for! It'd be really easy to do, just use those black steel pipes for the construction with a plastic backing on it. That way if it jams the explosion will blow out the back without destroying the gun (or you!). I was picturing that you'd fire it like the missile pods or the Gatling guns out of Halo 3 - hold it below your center line and just off to the side. Put a big ass blast shield on it for fun and a muzzle break on the end. I know the muzzle break isn't entirely 100% accurate but it will keep the recoil of the gun from making your arms hurt like hell after a few shots.

Oh yeah, and one shot at a time would be fine as it would look cool enough as it was!

i had a potato gun it was the biggest waste of money ever i mean hell yea it shot and was like BOOOOOM! but after about a couple of days the sparker corrodes and it wont spark or the spark is too small and the cannon smells terrible and the sparker always goes out and there like 20 bucks a sparker so it wasnt worth it but if u get a tazer for the sparker then its another story or go with pneumatic

Use a push button igniter from a gas grill. You can find them in the spring at places like Lowes or The Home Depot for around $10. Drill a hole in your combustion chamber and insert. You may need to use silicon caulk for an air tight seal. Then just push the red button for a spark. No battery needed and they're good for about 5000 ignitions. Yeah, I used to sell gas grills. lol

Hey peeps how's it going anyway just to inform everyone pics of the M41 might be delayed for a while , had to go back to work ,but I have also been busy with other things. I finished my MarkVI hand plates and am almost getting ready to resin my helmet and am saving up to order a MA5C from Adam which i will later fit with a paintball marker

niiice! I whant one too.. but there is one thing that i dont understand, how dose this work? What do you fill the barrel with? How dose that shot a potato 200 meter? Anyone care to gimmi link, or somthing... i need to know!

Hope it gose well with your canon! Always remeber to where your MJOLNIR mk VI when using, so you dont get hurt. You should problably use the EOD version for extra safety...

Other project I have going on, not the most recent pics though, but the helm is already done with the pep and fiberglass stages, I took advantage of the time I had off for turkey day, max of 2 days work, and I also got a hold of some padding, plus I already have the fans lights and wiring for when the last stages come around.

As for the M41 I'm working on the foundation and am trying to see how I can get a metal jaket around the whole thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back