Props M6 Pistol Pdo

Status
Not open for further replies.

bevbor

Hi all,
I've got interesting program, called "SYCODE OBJ export".
It makes OBJ files from many CAD formats, and it does that almost without open edges.
With it I did made M6 Magnum model (model created in SolidWorks 2007, exported to OBJ and then imported to PD).
First time there's no cross-sectioned details at all there!
Here is a link to download PDO file.

Update: Sycode OBJ program adds to model microscopic distortions. Very strange.

Just downloaded this (first!) and it looks really sweet! Thanks Bev! Think I'll move this to the top of my list.

That's a really awesome model!

Is SolidWorks not able to export in .obj? The couple times that I've tested with ProE (which is able to export its native .prt files as .obj), pepakura imported the file with no problems.

:)
People, thanks a lot for your appreciation.

Loess said:
Is SolidWorks not able to export in .obj?
No, it's not able. But with Sycode OBJ add-in installed, it able to do so with it's native models.

Last edited by a moderator:
bevbor said:
People, thanks a lot for your appreciation.
No, it's not able. But with Sycode OBJ add-in installed, it able to do so with it's native models.

Ah, having to use Sycode makes sense now. I haven't used SW for a couple years, the last version I worked with was '05. I couldn't remember what it would export as, since I never tried exporting anything but .jpg as screen shots.

Loess said:
Ah, having to use Sycode makes sense now.
Yes, it means we don't need Maya, 3ds max and other visualization stuff anymore!!!
Heil to parametric CAD applications! :)

That's pretty sick. Quality work.

Do you by any chance have, or are planing to make, an SMG in HD like this?
That'd be siiick, because I need a good SMG model for a project I'm looking into..

TheBlackSpot1228 said:
That's pretty sick. Quality work.
Do you by any chance have, or are planing to make, an SMG in HD like this?
That'd be siiick, because I need a good SMG model for a project I'm looking into..
Thanks a lot.
SMG? Didn't tought about that. Maybe later.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(just me(no one else) @ Jul 4 2008, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Attempt???Whaddya Mean???? That IS awesome!!!</div>
Sangya man :)

I started to glue this model. Llok:
Btw, mold sux.

This is the best magnum model I've seen so far. It looks much easier than the one I just got finished building!

Good work.

Playing with the molding tools in SW? I'm assuming that's for injection molding, right?

That mold estimate does look horrible, but what if you ran a spru/runner system around the model, with multiple gates?[attachment=5199:magmold.JPG]

Loess said:
Playing with the molding tools in SW? I'm assuming that's for injection molding, right?
Yes :) To be exact - with MoldFlowXpress tool

Loess said:
That mold estimate does look horrible, but what if you ran a spru/runner system around the model, with multiple gates?
Thanks for the idea :)

Spawn Camp3r said:
Well I decided to make this .pdo file and now I'm at a the last piece, how would I go about putting in that last piece?

Pictures please?
What piece are you talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back