Made some functional vents, should i use them? pic inside.

Should i use the custom working vents, or just use plain wire loom tubing?

• Custom ones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wire Loom

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the screen im using is a litle thinner than window screen and i found that after 2 layers it becomes way too rigid to bend into the opening the vent sits in. the piece gets really distorted when you try to get it in the vent hole.

Now what you could do is on the inside of the helmet, wire up two small cpu fans to blow at your face from the now working vents.

I think the functional vents are an awesome Idea, and they look great. I think you could place some thin black fabric on the inside of the wire-looming so people can not see through the vents.

well i have n a old xbox 360 intercooler that has 3 small fans i can use, but im not sure how to wire them yet.

the black fabric is a good idea! thanks

Looks great, not off at all it'll definitely keep it aired out more, I'm gonna make some for my mask. I'm planning on making mine fully functional, with air vents, built-in fans, mic set, opening visor ^^. the works.

s-meister said:
Looks great, not off at all it'll definitely keep it aired out more, I'm gonna make some for my mask. I'm planning on making mine fully functional, with air vents, built-in fans, mic set, opening visor ^^. the works.

Master chief doesn't have an opening visor... -.-...

Last edited by a moderator:
pics of the fans i have laying around....

Picture131.jpg

Picture132.jpg

Picture134.jpg

too big?

i want to run 3 fans... each is 12v/16A. can it be done?

btw 2 fans will be intake from either vent i made and the third will be exhaust blowing straight out the top vents.

Mandoman, that is an awesome idea. I was trying to figure just how I was going to ventilate my Mk VI helmet when I'm at that point, and I think I'm going to do the same. I was going to suggest inserting some fans for better ventilation, but it would seem you already thought of that, lol.

Would you mind if I used this idea on my own helmet build? o_O

no i dont mind. i know it was my idea so it dosnt matter to me.

let me put it this way. if i didnt want anyone else to have it, i wouldnt have posted it.

ive been really busy detailing the helm and figuring out how to do the outtake vent and the padding layout, i just cant get any good referene pics of the outtake vent area on he top of the helmet. once i get it all worked ut ill post more pics.

does anyone know how to wire up those fans i have?

MandoMan531 said:
no i dont mind. i know it was my idea so it dosnt matter to me.

let me put it this way. if i didnt want anyone else to have it, i wouldnt have posted it.

ive been really busy detailing the helm and figuring out how to do the outtake vent and the padding layout, i just cant get any good referene pics of the outtake vent area on he top of the helmet. once i get it all worked ut ill post more pics.

does anyone know how to wire up those fans i have?

You make a good point. Still, I feel it's only proper to ask first before utilizing the same methods. Thanks much, buddy ;)

Regarding the padding layout for the outtake vent, probably the easiest thing to do would be to simply cut out a space in the overhead padding to accommodate the fan. To try it any other way would probably hinder the functioning of the exhaust fan.

Just out of curiosity, have you figured out where you'll be housing the battery pack for the three fans? I might have one or two ideas for that if you find you're having problems with that aspect.

Btw, going back to your question of whether or not those fans were too big, would it be possible for you to find slightly smaller ones? I personally think smaller fans would fit better, and not take up so much room on the inside of the helmet. Oh, and you might want to test each of them to see how noisy they are, if at all.

Just a couple friendly suggestions... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
hey, i saw a load of fans in a computer shop the other day, the smallest was about 15mm accross so if you need tiney ones they're out there ya jus need to find em. also, i was planning on putting fans inside the body armour as well if i get the time, has anyone else done something of the like or got any suggestions?

p.s. wheres everyone putting the switch for their fans/lights? i had a few ideas but i jus wanted to check around first.

the battery pack i had planned to put behind my head in that bulged out area in the back of the helm.

im going to look for smaller fans ii just have no idea how to set it up with batteries and stuff like how its wired and what batteries.

and i appreciate you asking before you used my idea, thanks.

Ah, okay. I was thinking the bulged-out area at the back of the helmet too. Looks like we're on the same wavelength here, heh heh.

Let me know what you manage to come up with in the way of smaller-sized fans. I'll see if I can find the same sort of thing here, then.

And you're welcome for asking permission first. After all, it was you who came up with the unique idea for the ventilation of the helmet, so credit where credit is due... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back