Making a Helljumper Helmet and Need help on the Visor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexb240303

Hey, I'm pretty new to this site and stumbled upon it while researching good Halo props and stuff. I am making a Helljumper Helmet (basically an ODST helmet for Spartans). I am 3D printing the base of the helmet, and I am not sure what to do for the visor. I have some high-quality sheets of plexiglass on hand that could be used for the visor itself, but I need to color it properly. (I don't want a helmet with a clear visor). I am going for a sort of blue. I also saw premade ODST visors on Etsy, but they are rather expensive and would take several weeks to arrive, also I am not sure about the scale of them. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make a reflective-ish visor out of plexiglass?

I decided to form the visor, and it looks pretty good. It is still completely clear though, so thats pretty bad. The helmet itself is going to have some internal electronics that will make it stand out. There will be a shield bar at the top of the users field of view. and will raise and lower with the change of the potentiometer (knob). If the shield gets to the minimum level, a couple of other LEDs in the helmet start blinking red. It will have two bright flashlights in it (I'm not sure if the actual helmet has flashlights, but i wanted to add them anyway) It will also have two small fans to keep fogging to a minimum and make it nice to breathe.

Great so far! When you have pictures feal free to show them! I have. It yet had the opportunity to vacuum form a visor, but there are others on this site that have. It being the holidays, it .at take a few days longer than it should to get a response, but I know punished props has some good YouTube videos on the methods they used. I believe they're mr sweepy destiny robot build had a vacuum formed blue dyed tinted visor. You can start there. The plan for the interior of the helmet sounds amazing, and I wish I had that much skill with electrical, but with the visor being so close to your face, it will be impossible to see the HUD, healthcare, or any other detail...

Follow this link to a great tutorial vid by punished props. It's got a lot of good information there that will help you die your clear visor.

Those tutorials are gold! Thanks a lot. Once i finish writing the code for the shield bar, i will post instructions on how you can do the same right here!

Hey! i haven't been active on this project for a while, and i apologize for that... however, I am back at it now! ive been pretty busy with school lately so it's been difficult to get time to work on this project. I've printed the lower back section of the helmet and it looks great! the visor has yet to be colored, but i think im going to need to remake it anyway -- it seems to be a bit big for the parts i have currently printed so yeah thats rough. the LED system works like a charm and ill post the arduino code on it here any minute. There may be a problem with fitting a whole arduino uno inside the helmet so i might change the code to work for a smaller chip. The Flashlights for the helmet has arrived and they are extremely bright (Which is just perfect!) . I used a Maglite LED conversion kit for the lights. Heres a link to those on amazon --> https://www.amazon.com/LudoPam-Upgr...73&sr=8-3&keywords=maglite+led+conversion+kit
I might switch over to a different thread here thats dedicated to this project.
Thanks for the support!
Alex

Ooooh, I am very interested in seeing this HUD / health bar integration you're doing. I've for months thought of doing it when I create my ODST but that's for another time. Good Job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back