Rid3r

How to make a replica gun for use in movies
By Rid3r

Materials
> Toy gun
> Cardboard
> Superglue
> Hot Glue Gun
> Hot Glue sticks (I bought a 100 for like $5)
> Black spray paint
> Dark silver spray paint
> Chrome spray paint
> Film canisters (about 4)
> Other doodads to put on the scope (like knuts, bolts, etc.)

Step 1: Building
MachineGun001.jpg

This is a picture of what my gun looked like. My dog had chewed up the stock. So first I made a longer and more curved magazine, then added a longer stock. This was done with cardboard.

Next I used a film canister and some doodads to make the scope. Then I glued it on. (You probably want to use hot glue and superglue, the scope tends to come off easily)

After that I used the remaining film canisters to make the silencer. I cut of the rims and then wrapped the canisters in a sheet of paper so the canisters didn't look funny.
MachineGun002.jpg

^Airsoft pistol (I glued the magazines together)
MachineGun003.jpg

Step 2: Painting
Next I took it outside and painted the whole thing with Dark Silver (that's what I call it, it's actually something like Hammered Steel).

Then I ran out.

So I lightly painted the bottom of the gun with black spray paint (so it looked like shadows). DON'T overdo this, it looks like the gun got burned... in a firefight. (bad joke)

Then I took the chrome and light sprayed the top, so it was shiny... and voila:
MachineGun004.jpg

looks good, its a definate improvement on the toy, although the scope is extremely inaccurate, no scope is that short. but can i ask what purpose does this serve? they dont really go with a suit of mjolnir because its not a halo weapon.

i think its meant more for heres the concept and now use it for other things like fiberglassing a helmet could lead to how to fiberglass a hole in the car door

thanks alot, very usefull thing,

plus, you got 100 gluesticks for 5$!!!!!

its £3 for 6 sticks here in england!!, thats 6 dollars, 1 dollar per stick!!

man, can you buy some for me so i can buy em off you and send in post plzzzzzz, im so freaking desperate for glue sticks

Are you using a high temp glue gun? I used to, but the low temp sticks are much cheaper. And a low temp glue gun is only $5 too.

Cute Tut. (ha rhyme :D )

anyway, thats the upside of living in the states. everything made here is cheaper (except gas)

rvb4life said:
Cute Tut. (ha rhyme :D )

anyway, thats the upside of living in the states. everything made here is cheaper (except gas)

no... u havent seen petrol and gas prices in england, pointlessly high

still, anyone willing to buy some glue sticks and prehaps even a glue gun and send to me?

obviously ill pay

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back