Custom MA2B Prop Build

40MikeActual

Hey there everyone Mike here! This is going to my thread for a 3d print build of the MA2B from one of the halo books/comics. I'm not quite sure which one however here is one of the panels for a reference image. Also, I take no credit for the 3d design of this prop. I am only printing this out for personal use to pair with my Rakshasa armor set that I am making.
1707692301931.png
1707691935838.png

(Model by: Lobbster Cosplay)

Stock printed out. No major issues with this one and sanding should be relatively easy.
IMG_2926.jpg
IMG_2927.jpg
IMG_2928.jpg

Magazine printed out. This is when my printer problems started you can see the bottom of this one is fairly messed up and will require a reprint or major sanding to flatten out.
IMG_2930.jpg
IMG_2931.jpg
IMG_2929.jpg

From left to right: Bolt, Flashlight, Trigger, Non-suppressed barrel variant (I will not be using this one, however I may in the future so I printed it out.), and the Scope.
No major issues with any of these ether, sanding should be relatively easy.
IMG_2932.jpg

Suppressor printed out 2/11/2024, 20 hours print time roughly 250g of filament. Sorry I did not format the other parts like this one, I do not have anything written down for those. Also, my leg for scale. This thing is absolutely massive. I am extremely happy with this print, as my printer was essentially dead for 2 weeks due to a clog. I ended up ordering a tool and now I've cleared the clog and changed nozzle so it seems we are back in business. This prop should be completely printed out in about a week if everything goes smoothly. More updates to come!
IMG_2933.jpg
IMG_2935.jpg
IMG_2934.jpg

Update One: 2/13/2024:
I've done it! My printer is back in action! I got this to print finally! This is my third attempt at printing this receiver part for the MA2B. I may take pictures of the failed parts and add them to this update later today, as when I'm typing this It is 2:49 AM and I am just awake and have been removing supports from this part for about half an hour.
IMG_2938.jpg
IMG_2939.jpg

IMG_2940.jpg
IMG_2941.jpg

Some of the sides may look a bit bad, but the pictures don't do it justice. This should be perfectly fine with some sanding.

The failed prints of this part. Currently one of them is being used as a stand for my new security cam I am using to remotely monitor my prints.
IMG_2943.jpg
IMG_2958.jpg

Last edited:
Update Two: 2/14/2024:
Another day, another print! The magwell is complete! This one took 1 day and 4 hours to print. I have one part left to go for this project. I may start sanding my parts down soon while this last part prints, as it is the longest one sitting at 2 days 17 hours and will consume an estimated 753g of filament.
Although, this might wait for a day or two as I will be printing some smaller things unrelated to this project. I've bought a camera to monitor my prints remotely so I don't have to walk through a family member's room to get to my back yard from inside the house to access the shed where I operate my printer out of. If that makes any sense. Anyway, I am printing out a wall mount for that new camera next.
Also I've added on to update one to include pictures of the failed prints of that part.
IMG_2957.jpg
IMG_2955.jpg

IMG_2954.jpg
IMG_2952.jpg

So. This took 3 days to print and an entire portion shifted. I did not notice due to all the supports around the bottom. So, now it lives in the trash can in my shed. This happened on 2/18/2024. I only just now took pictures of it because of how angry it made me.

72997710796__B9812649-F2A9-43B1-992E-CA896E937191.jpg
IMG_2992.jpg
IMG_2991.jpg
IMG_2990.jpg
IMG_2989.jpg
IMG_2993.jpg

So. This took 3 days to print and an entire portion shifted. I did not notice due to all the supports around the bottom. So, now it lives in the trash can in my shed. This happened on 2/18/2024. I only just now took pictures of it because of how angry it made me.

View attachment 342732View attachment 342728View attachment 342729View attachment 342730View attachment 342731View attachment 342727
If you measure where it went wrong you can try and pull off the layer-shifted part and print the last of what was meant to be on this part and glue it on. It'll save you wasting a LOAD of filament.
Best of luck!

If you measure where it went wrong you can try and pull off the layer-shifted part and print the last of what was meant to be on this part and glue it on. It'll save you wasting a LOAD of filament.
Best of luck!
There are other parts not visible in these pictures that have holes in them as well and those would be too much to repair, releveling, using glue sticks to make sure bed adhesion is good is probably my best go right now. I am not too angry at the wasted filament, I'm also going to adjust my Z offset and make sure my first layers are good before reprinting. I wish this was a cut and dry fix, but I'll figure it out.

Oof, that's a pretty bad layer shift. Are your belts in good condition / have proper tension?
So, I checked and my bed is not properly leveled anymore, also the belts were in fact more loose than last time I checked. My plan is this weekend to fix my printer issues, do some test prints to make sure everything is all good.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back