Mark 3 Iron Man Armor Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the ironman armour is much easier to make judging from the amount of pieces.

Edit:
HOLY shoot now I take my words back!

I hope we can see more of these Iron Man productions. I wanna see how it looks like on a person!
(y) COOL AND keep up the good work!

I've made some more progress on my suit. Here you will see everything but the cod piece and the boots have been glassed on the inside, and I will start reinforcing the inside this week. If anybody has figgured a good way to attach stuff yet PLEASE let me know. Thanks!

Now the eye candy:

DSCN4112.jpg

DSCN4113.jpg

DSCN4114.jpg

Dark Jedi said:
Now the eye candy:

DSCN4112.jpg
Why do I feel like I'm looking at an archeological dig? :lol:

Anyway, this looks very promising. Can't wait to see more progress on this project.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering, can you still bend those pieces even after they are glassed and resined? Or do they permanently retain one shape? Because I'm wondering how you're gonna get that torso on if its permanent...

Dark Jedi - Dang yo someone has been busy!! I want to work on this project, but I have 3 more in front of this one for Dragon Con which is 60 days away. Impressive work to say the least. I just wish I could hep you more, but all I can do right now is cheer you on. Keep posting and let us know of problems you run into along the way. Maybe we can help.

Loubear said:
Just wondering, can you still bend those pieces even after they are glassed and resined? Or do they permanently retain one shape? Because I'm wondering how you're gonna get that torso on if its permanent...

As this point they still can be bent, but they are a bit stiffer which I am really happy with because it makes fittings the pieces and working with them a lot easier (for instance I can still bend parts of the helmet, but I don't need tape to hold it in the correct position anymore.

Keep in mind at this point all I've done in smear some resin on the outside of the parts. No fabric has been added yet.

I will try to reienforce something tonight and see what happens.

Thanks for the support everyone

The Good news. I began to reinforce some of the armor and it does become rigid. it is not very diffrent from the Master cheif suit other than you need to figgure out how it bends a little better.

The bad news: I am quitting this project. Due to the location of my internship it is incredibly difficult for me to find the stuff I need to finish this suit, particularly money. I am putting what I had done so far up for auction on ebay. Feel free to take a look and let me know if you have any questions.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v450/neumaier/

Dj1500

Dark Jedi said:
The Good news. I began to reinforce some of the armor and it does become rigid. it is not very diffrent from the Master cheif suit other than you need to figgure out how it bends a little better.
The bad news: I am quitting this project. Due to the location of my internship it is incredibly difficult for me to find the stuff I need to finish this suit, particularly money. I am putting what I had done so far up for auction on ebay. Feel free to take a look and let me know if you have any questions.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v450/neumaier/
Dj1500

Glad to hear about your internship!!! Sorry you have to abandon your Iron Man project, but no fear it will be here for you to pick up again in the future. So no worries. Lurk around from time to time and see how we are. Good luck!

hello, i back, the university and work take me all time, i have been working in this pep, its a great model and easy, but the scale is a little hard to create, i try 2 times to create, in the second time i found the perfect scale for me, im 1.75 cm aprox,

here some pictures from what i have done, and some from LOH forum, a guy have 99% finish.

This are mine.
100_2082.jpg

100_2083.jpg

That guy
1be26e4372fe1d1ad001b95156389095791.jpg

23036e4c3534f295d6a1d1491d3150ee41c.jpg

This is my first post. Been lurking the site for well over a month reading everything and I do mean near everything(that was worth reading.) I have been looking for the perfect place to post my progress and this seemed the best place. I am setting some high expectations for myself, hope to turn out a great product. It just seems like so much fun. Here is my progress so far:

DSCF1515.jpg

This was my first version. Used it for fitting.
DSCF1523.jpg

The end all pep file. Frustration but well worth it when bondo stage comes along. I will be applying resin tomorrow and then fiberglass reinforcements and then on the the detailing.
DSCF1524.jpg

Some of the detailing up close.

I am giving myself plenty of time...as long as it takes! Glad to be apart or such a great hobby and company.

hello, i most finish all the parts, but i have a problem with the helmet, this is the second i make, first was to small, and now is much big, i try the scale for the master chief helmet but is not usefull, any one with the perfect scale for the helmet??
im 1.76 cm tall.

here some pictures of my work.

100_2352.jpg

100_2353.jpg

Master Juanin said:
hello, i most finish all the parts, but i have a problem with the helmet, this is the second i make, first was to small, and now is much big, i try the scale for the master chief helmet but is not usefull, any one with the perfect scale for the helmet??
im 1.76 cm tall.
here some pictures of my work.

100_2352.jpg

100_2353.jpg

mine is 27 cm high and fits quite nice. I have a large head though.

i try with 27cm in pepakura.

any know what material is for sculpt pieces?? like this

this helmet is sculpted, i want to try this over the cardboard with some material "plastilin epoxy" is like plastilin for kids, but this harder in a few hours,

i want the material of that helmet.

002-13.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back