Mark V [B] Helmet Barcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeneticSpartan

I noticed that the Mark V helmet in Halo: Reach has a UNSC bardcode on the back. And I was thinking that it would be neat to have a barcode version of something such as my Xbox Live gamertag on the back of my Mark V helmet when I make one. So, I was searching around and found this site, morovia.com, where you can input text to be converted as a barcode image. Just select the "Code 128" barcode format, enter your text data, uncheck "Show Human Readable Text", and click "Submit" to generate your barcode. The barcode would be very intricate to paint onto a helmet though. If anyone has any ideas on how to transfer one of these barcodes onto a helmet, please share. And the trick is to not only get the barcode onto the helmet, but still have it readable by a barcode scanner. Maybe you could print out the barcode, carefully cut out each bar with an X-acto knife, and then use it as a stencil to spray paint it onto the helmet. But that would be very tedious as well.

Here is an example of one of the bar codes using my Halo 3: ODST service tag, GNTC, which is Genetic without any vowels:

barcode.asp?Symbology=5&BarHeight=1000&ShowHRText=0&NarrowBarWidth=30&Message=GNTC&Rotation=0.png

Drgnfyre4 said:
This is really freaking cool! I think I want to include this somewhere on my MKVI armor.

Heh I'm thinking the same thing! I'll probably just put mine on the back of my Mark VI helm. This barcode site is really cool, good find! I think I'll either put my forum name or spartan name/number as the barcode of my armor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey gang,

Go to your local hobby shop and get a sheet or two of "blank decal paper." It's the stuff you used on model cars when you were a kid. You can print whatever you want in whatever size and then just wet it and slide it onto the helmet. I have used this many times to put my name on my armor so it doesn't get...lost. :)

Cheers,

Brash

brashsculptor said:
Hey gang,

Go to your local hobby shop and get a sheet or two of "blank decal paper." It's the stuff you used on model cars when you were a kid. You can print whatever you want in whatever size and then just wet it and slide it onto the helmet. I have used this many times to put my name on my armor so it doesn't get...lost. :)

Cheers,

Brash

Winner! Great recomendation!

Last edited by a moderator:
You know how they have those t-shirt transfers? Go to Michael's and get some and it says to go to a website. Just add the barcode (make sure it fits the helmet of course) and then print. I'd be careful maybe because it's iron-on so it might burn the paper. But try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back