Mark Vi Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Esy said:
thx, you must prepare folds before folding by razorblade and must take in mind side where you folding and on this side of paper you must make smal cut by razorblade.. of course by the ruler :]

and the second thing is a reorganize the pep file in some time becaus its unlogicaly unfolded :D

You mean like refold and unfold it? Hey, that's not a bad idea. And of course, always the razor for scoring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Confucious T said:
You mean like refold and unfold it? Hey, that's not a bad idea. And of course, always the razor for scoring.

not refold all but some piecies :]]]

flipboy439 said:
great job man. your work is excellent! how long have you been working with cosplay and stuff? anyway, keep up the good work! its putting my helmet to shame haha

i work on cosplay 1 month :DDD when i look on halo helmet :D never before:D

*Confused look at richiedude*

Thanks, but you posted your reply in the wrong topic.

Back to Esy's progress.

finaly i build the torso :]]
look and let me know what u think :p

p1080686xxga2.jpg

p1080687xxrk0.jpg

That looks great!! Very clean lines and folds. Keep up the good work and can't wait to see further progress.

first layer of fiberglas cloth been aplied..
now i wait do complete dry and add some cloth again..

p1080689xxkw7.jpg

p1080690xxus9.jpg

Whoa... VERY impressive! One question, where can I find the body filler you used (dupli-color acrylate filler in spray?) to smooth out the details? I'd love to be able to smooth up my MVl...

pooper said:
Whoa... VERY impressive! One question, where can I find the body filler you used (dupli-color acrylate filler in spray?) to smooth out the details? I'd love to be able to smooth up my MVl...

i don"t klnow man :D i live in deeep $#!T named Czech republic and this is the best what i can found :D

btw the smooth makes my putty :] not the filler :]] many photos lost :]]

here is test of build Thigh, it looks so small then I don't know if I wanna rebuild it bigger...

look and tell me

[photos been deleted because i rescale thigh parts..

here is helmet painted by basic collor.
now i waiting to be perfect dry and after this i make advanced painting..

p1080774xxmv9.jpg

Looks really good dude! i pepped the chest already but mine was low res so i think i am going to add those vents in the back also! Looks really good!

That is one awesome helmet.

Anyways, does anyone have any idea on the filler he used? Doesn't look like bondo at all. Esy, did you have to sand that or anything? Because it just looks too smooth to not be magic.

BinaryCode said:
That is one awesome helmet.

Anyways, does anyone have any idea on the filler he used? Doesn't look like bondo at all. Esy, did you have to sand that or anything? Because it just looks too smooth to not be magic.

I use to much bondo, but i don't have it on fotoz :D..

btw.: thx all ;] :love:

i tried to found some material to make the vents on helmet but i don't find nothing usable..

then i try to make this vent by hands... What all think ? its usable ?

try to imagine it in single collor and sanded ;]
p1080780xxiw5.jpg

That doesn't look too bad. Once its sanded and painted black

I was pondering this myself as I planed to do a much more realistic 2nd helm.

If you want an alternative method, this is what I am planning on doing.

You can look at your electrical supply store, you can find "flexable electrical tubing". Its ribbed just like the vents are. They come in a variety of different diameters. You can heat it up and bend it to fit. Put some glue or filler in it so it will keep its shape properly. if you are careful you should be able to put hot glue in it and use the heat of the hot glue to bend it to the proper shape. Essentially smaller diamater front and larger diamater towards the back.

visual aids:
http://web1.automationdirect.com/adc/Overv...ectrical_Tubing

http://superflex.thomasnet.com/viewitems/s...ectrical-tubing

The best solution I could come up with is take a large diamater wooden dowel (same or slightly less diamater as you want the back to be) and then sand it to be the correct basic shape. Cut it in 1/2 and glue the electrical tubing to it.

See, it's right after the resining part that gets me the most confused. How do you get it so smooth without seeing any of the lines or numbers, or is that just spray paint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back